Workout Clothes

Why don't they make workout clothes in large sizes. I would like to wear the Nike and Under Armour clothes. I get tired of wearing T-shirts and shorts that feel like a hundred pounds after I workout. Anybody else have the same issues?

Replies

• CapnDonkey
    CapnDonkey Posts: 108 Member
    Destination XL has decent stuff up to 6XLT. I was able to get two pairs of shorts and some reebok shirts (the wicking kind) for a decent price. I've found that yes, once you drop into a 2X, the selection gets markedly better. I have a long torso (combined with a gut) and need to wear the "T" size in a XXL. It fits my shoulders and chest, but isn't nearly long enough in a regular old XXL. Frustrating indeed.
  • Power_Man77
    Power_Man77 Posts: 207
    Will be checking that out.
  • bigbear167
    bigbear167 Posts: 39 Member
    starter makes workout clothes with dristar material.sizes upto 4XL is light weight and drys quick.
  • Arkhos
    Arkhos Posts: 290 Member
    Yeah I got workout clothes from Casual Male XL, I think they are related to Destination XL. They have sizes up to like 10x online, usually 6x in the stores. Got sleeveless Reebok shirts and a hoodie. Got tired of my sleeves being tight when trying to lift weights. They have a large selection of clothes from workout to casual to dress.

http://casual-male-big-and-tall.destinationxl.com/mens-big-and-tall-store/
  • Arkhos
    Arkhos Posts: 290 Member
    This looks like the shirts I got to workout in. I got them in 6XLT so they cover my butt really good - also got tired of my *kitten* hanging out when on the stationary bike, :laugh: you can get them in regular sleeves too for casual wearing - again also covers your butt crack. :wink:

Also I look just like this guy on the site.

http://casual-male-big-and-tall.destinationxl.com/mens-big-and-tall-store/buy-more-save-more/reebok-play-dry-muscle-tee/cat360038/89510?navAction=push&navCount=4&scrollTop=595&pg=1

Wait, no I don't :ohwell:
  • CapnDonkey
    CapnDonkey Posts: 108 Member
    Yes, I too love CasualMaleXL (which is now owned by DestinationXL, most stores will be changing names only soon) for all my TALL shirt needs. I buy all my undershirts there because they actually stay tucked in. I also bought the sleeveless reebok shirts. Great, right?
  • 2stepscloser
    2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
    Kohls has a good selection as well.
  • dactonaw
    dactonaw Posts: 14 Member
    I had this problem when I first started, I never found the under armor type shirts near me (but I live in rural Missouri) for the longest time I would just tuck in a white beater, but when I got down to about a 2XLT shirt I actually found that the starter brand ones they sold at Wal-Mart worked.
  • Power_Man77
    Power_Man77 Posts: 207
    Was in J.C Penny's the other day and they have some nice workout clothes in the big and tall section now
  • joshdann
    joshdann Posts: 618 Member
    I just picked up 6 addidas clima-cool workout shirts in my size (2XLT) for $15 each at The Foundry Big & Tall. They were on clearance, so the deal was great... the JCPenney across the street had the same shirts for $30, and they only had *one* 2XLT in stock. The Foundry rocks :). It's my favorite B&T shop, though their online store is crap compared to their brick and mortar. If they don't have one near you, shopping online with them might run you off.