Fasting Blood Sugar 7/25/13- what is yours?

Options
momjmd
momjmd Posts: 296 Member
Good morning everyone! I have been struggling for a long time with my fast blood sugar numbers- they have been between 120-140 every morning.... until today. It was 97!!! I am so excited!!!! A NSV!

Replies

• bdubya55
    bdubya55 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    That's a wonderful DV, and a NSV to celebrate for sure!, Congatulations momjmd!:drinker:
  • kathyvalliere
    Options
    149 this morning. Sloooowly going down. :wink:
  • GetFitChristie
    GetFitChristie Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the 97 - I am ENVIOUS!!!! Did you change any thing? meds? food before bed? exercise before bed?? My out of bed # usually ranges between 120-140... but it will eventually go down to the low 100s by the end of the day.... I'm on a really low carb diet and an intro (500mg) of metformin a day... so not really sure what else to do to get my #s down.... any suggestions???

Oh, and I've started a facebook group too... for Low Carbers and Diabetics.... feel free to join us - https://www.facebook.com/groups/LoCarbJourney/
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    momjmd...Fantastic number and decrease in your FBS. Same question here as GetFitChristi, any change in routine/food/etc? We're always looking for new ideas!
  • momjmd
    Options
    Congrats on the 97 - I am ENVIOUS!!!! Did you change any thing? meds? food before bed? exercise before bed?? My out of bed # usually ranges between 120-140... but it will eventually go down to the low 100s by the end of the day.... I'm on a really low carb diet and an intro (500mg) of metformin a day... so not really sure what else to do to get my #s down.... any suggestions???

Oh, and I've started a facebook group too... for Low Carbers and Diabetics.... feel free to join us - https://www.facebook.com/groups/LoCarbJourney/

I ate some cheese before bed last night so that may have helped-- just an ounce of Havarti. Now tonight I ate a mango so....
    Also, I have been riding my bike before bed but not fast- taking the kids for bike rides so we go very slow and only a few miles.
  • RaineyLaney
    RaineyLaney Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Awesome NSV momjmd. I too have learned if I eat a bit of protein food (like cheese, meat etc) right before bed, it helps with lower morning fasting numbers. Now you said you ate Mango tonight. I would guess your FBS will be higher in morning. Mango has carbs and we all know how lovely carbs effect our BS's.
  • momjmd
    Options
    Awesome NSV momjmd. I too have learned if I eat a bit of protein food (like cheese, meat etc) right before bed, it helps with lower morning fasting numbers. Now you said you ate Mango tonight. I would guess your FBS will be higher in morning. Mango has carbs and we all know how lovely carbs effect our BS's.

Yep- this a.m. was a bit higher-- was a 109. Ate a piece of cheese after my mango to help balance things out (and was under calorie goal for the day).
  • GetFitChristie
    GetFitChristie Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    okay so tonight, for my bedtime snack, I'm going to go all protein... I don't think I've tried an all protein snack, I usually try to balance the protein and carbs... I'm on such a low carb diet though and always under my limit for carbs and calories because my BG bounces literally all over the charts.... I walked 4.25 miles yesterday morning... felt great.... and my BG went UP while I was walking instead of down.... my body is so backwards, it drives me crazy.