carb cravings

Options
bigred01
bigred01 Posts: 45 Member
I was looking through several people's diaries looking for food ideas...and I noticed a lot of people on the low carb support group are still eating high carb foods even though they are keeping low on their calories. It is impossible to control the cravings for carbs unless you more or less "kick them to the curb" for a little while. Every time you have a high carb day...it takes a full two days to get your body burning fat again. You have to start over every time you cave in. Although this in no way affects me--not trying to be nosy, but I just know we are a part of this particular group for a reason, and thought I would try to help. I hope everyone has a great day--just say no to bad carbs!...LOL

Replies

• tabik30
    tabik30 Posts: 443
    Options
    I read that in the book. If you cheat it is "the kiss of death" and your body has to start over... bummer!
  • Anony1023
    Anony1023 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this!
  • bigred01
    bigred01 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    you are welcome :)
  • Megs081211
    Megs081211 Posts: 150
    Options
    Most of the time when I have a high carb day its because the day before I added something back in from my elminiation diet (trying to see what irriates my IBS) and I'm sick to my stomach and the only things not making me want to be sick are baked potato and oatmeal. when my diet is on poin then all my carbs come from nonstarchy veggies and fruit.
  • MelMelMiller
    Options
    I'm only on my 3rd week and I agree that it seems to take 2 days for the weight to start to come back off after a high carb day. My issue is that I like to have a couple drinks over the weekend, but after putting 2lbs back on and then seeing them drop back off on the 3rd day. I've found better drink (alcoholic) options. There are a few no carb wines, lower carb wines, zero redbull and a few low carb beers. Even if I have a drink or two I'm still staying under 20 carbs a day. No exceptions.

However I do miss desserts and I fight with that urge daily so I bought some sugar free candies and sugar free jello and those seem to tide me over.