how fast do you run?

Options
grdaze
grdaze Posts: 195 Member
I average somewhere between 12 and 13 minute miles. I know I'll get faster the more I run (and the longer distance I go) but I'm curious ... how fast are you going?

Replies

• kaji13
    kaji13 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I've been running about a year now, 2-3 times a week (so still recreational) and depending on the distance, I run between 10-12 minute miles. If I'm running a 5k race or something it'll be closer to 10
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    The good form running coach suggested that a 10 minute mile was about average for a marathon/half marathon. My current easy run is 13 minutes. When I was in C25k, it was around 20.
  • woodwardtm
    woodwardtm Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    10 minute mile here.
  • timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Depends - my tempo runs are around 8:00-8:30, intervals at 7:30-8:00, and long runs at 9:00-9:30. My fastest mile was 7 minutes but I doubt I could keep that up for long.
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    My average time is 12-13 min/mile. I'm happy with that time in this summer heat; looking forward to seeing whether the coolness of fall speeds me up a little bit.

ETA: I started the C25K program last November and did a 10 min/km at that time. That's about a 16-17 min/mile, I think.
  • nacole2122
    nacole2122 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am currently at 15:30 minute/mile on week 8. I run pretty slow, but when I ran week 5 day 3 I was at 16:26 minute/mile.
  • jmelindy
    jmelindy Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I am on C25K week 8 and I am jogging SOOOOOOOOOOO slow
    Its about a 27 minutemile, but it feel so much harder than walking!
    Thats what my treadmill says anyway
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I am on week 8 and I am running a little over a 12 minute mile. I think last night was 12.08.
  • daniellemm1
    daniellemm1 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I started C25K in April and graduated in June running an 18 minute mile and right now I am running an easy 15 minute mile. I hope that as I go along my time will be better.
  • 230137isntmyweight
    230137isntmyweight Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    As of my last run (WK2D2) I run a 15:12 pace when I average all the walking intervals and running intervals together. If I just use the fastest interval it's 9:46.
  • dandelyon
    dandelyon Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    It varies from 14-15 minute mile. Sometimes I have to log it as a brisk walk instead of jogging :P
  • bttrthanevr
    bttrthanevr Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I started C25K in January of last year. If I'm running long (which for me is about 4 miles now) and with out any walking, my easy pace is about 12:30 per mile. My two mile runs are pretty consistently 11:30 per mile. That also seems to be my 5K race pace.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Wow. You're getting a lot of responses from graduates. Also, just so you know, every runner you'll meet will preface their answer to this question with "I'm really slow..."

Every. Single. One.
  • yamsteroo
    yamsteroo Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Bizarrely this morning, my first mile was slower than my second 12.32 then 11.5 - no idea why as I'd have thought the second half was a bit more uphill if anything.

I'll be a happy bunny when I can consistently do 10min miles but for the moment I'm concentrating on finishing the program (just finished Wk6)
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    oh I am slow,,,,,,
  • GlitterrMagpie
    GlitterrMagpie Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 7, last 2 runs were 12 and a half minute miles.
  • GlitterrMagpie
    GlitterrMagpie Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    It varies from 14-15 minute mile. Sometimes I have to log it as a brisk walk instead of jogging :P

Me too! When MFP logged it as brisk walk I was going "Hey, that was my jog!" lol :laugh:
  • whirlybirdknits
    whirlybirdknits Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm averaging about 15 min/mile. I ran my first 5K on Saturday, and my official pace was 14:45/mile. I feel like a fast snail could pass me, but that's about all I can handle right now. I'm working on running more, so I'm hoping I'll get faster eventually.
  • dandelyon
    dandelyon Posts: 620 Member
    Options

Me too! When MFP logged it as brisk walk I was going "Hey, that was my jog!" lol :laugh:

I have occasionally put it in my exercise notes that I was running, not walking, just to make myself feel better...
  • SenoraMacias
    SenoraMacias Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    When I first started running (back in May) my pace was about 12-12:30 min. mile (once I worked up to running a whole mile!). This morning I ran two 10 minute miles.