Sandbox

Options
mercurysfire
mercurysfire Posts: 144 Member
If you have an idea for a challenge, post it here. All ideas are welcome, and we'll try to use everyone's ideas. As long as they don't involve explosives or anything that will us arressted. :bigsmile:

Replies

• GabyBaby916
    GabyBaby916 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I have an idea...uhhh....no explosives?
    Ok...back to the drawing board....... :wink:
  • goodmorningglory
    Options
    Well, I have this idea. It can't really be counted as a challenge for everyone but it has crossed my mind a couple of times since I got out of the hospital (sorry I keep bringing that up).
    My granddaughter needs swimming lessons. She has been "practicing" in the bathtub and her kiddie pool. Little does she know, her "Nana" does not really know "how to swim" herself. Truth be told besides a few brief pointers at girl scout camp one summer and learning to "doggy paddle" I've never learned how to swim....FLOATING, I've got down. So, my point is let's take lessons...
    SWIMMING
    DANCING
    AERIAL
    SKYDIVING
    WHATEVER FLOATS OUR BOAT!
  • AvalonsUnicorn
    AvalonsUnicorn Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Well, I have this idea. It can't really be counted as a challenge for everyone but it has crossed my mind a couple of times since I got out of the hospital (sorry I keep bringing that up).
    My granddaughter needs swimming lessons. She has been "practicing" in the bathtub and her kiddie pool. Little does she know, her "Nana" does not really know "how to swim" herself. Truth be told besides a few brief pointers at girl scout camp one summer and learning to "doggy paddle" I've never learned how to swim....FLOATING, I've got down. So, my point is let's take lessons...
    SWIMMING
    DANCING
    AERIAL
    SKYDIVING

I like this idea :) I took a belly dancing class like 2 years ago. and I discovered just how much fun it can be! Sadly I can no longer take it since I moved an hour away and don't own a car. But I do have 2 great dvd's I'd happily recommend to any one starting out! I have forgotten how much fun it is so thanks for reminding me :) Maybe I'll plug one of my dvds in tomorrow and dance away
  • mistyboggs
    mistyboggs Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I've always wanted to learn how to belly dance, not sure I could ever move my hips like that :embarassed:
  • AvalonsUnicorn
    AvalonsUnicorn Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    oddly enough I am the biggest klutz I know besides my mother. she has an excuse though she has suffered with Menairs disease most of my life I'm 31. It's not easy and I'm defiantly not perfect a the hip thing but it's easier than it looks! I do know it's a great abs workout! And it also makes you feel secretly sexy inside once you get over the initial WTF am I doing I must look SO stupid thoughts your probably going to have lol!
  • mercurysfire
    Options
    morningglory- i think you're on to something with that. trying new things is defintely a big part of this whole challenge. and don't apologize. that was a major ordeal and still pretty fresh on your mind. that was a brush with death and a major wake up call. but you came out on the other side with a new perspective and resolve to do something about it. don't ever be afraid to talk about anything here. motivation and support, right? it's why we're all here. :flowerforyou:
  • GabyBaby916
    Options
    Is the "trying something new" limited to physical challenges?
  • mercurysfire
    Options
    Absolutely not gabybaby. :) if you see anything, think of something, hear something mentioned in the grocery line that lights a little fire for you, try it and share with us.
  • slim4health56
    slim4health56 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I've given a lot of thought to my hatred for exercise and discovered that it's not so much that I hate to move (actually, moving feels pretty good), it's the boredom of repetition that I detest, so...I've assigned different exercises to different music that moves me...from 4-6 minutes each, I'll work on the Total Gym, then move on to the ball, then the treadmill, et cetera. I can do 5 minutes of anything without feeling like I'll die from boredom, and before I realize the time has passed I've done six different exercises and worked my body for 30 minutes. I'm probably not getting 30 minutes of "true and steady" cardio that fitness experts recommend, but I'm moving, limbering, breathing, toning, and sweating! My goal for August is to complete 30 minutes in my little home gym six days each week and add a challenge level on one exercise at the end of each week.
  • ArtemisRuns
    ArtemisRuns Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    SWIMMING
    DANCING
    AERIAL
    SKYDIVING

Instead of lessons, does training for a 5K count? I am training for one in Sept.
  • slim4health56
    slim4health56 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Instead of lessons, does training for a 5K count? I am training for one in Sept.
    [/quote]
    [/quote]

Wow! I'd sure count it! Way to get moving and get fit!
  • mercurysfire
    Options
    sure does! :)
  • ArtemisRuns
    ArtemisRuns Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Woo hooo! I learned something today, though. I had to run in the afternoon instead of morning. It was ok because it wasn't that hot, but I did not drink enough water during the day and ended up burning out right after my 1st mile. I will hydrate better and try to start making it up tomorrow. I need to do a total of 12 miles this week. :noway: Oh yes I really do! I did 11 this past week!!!I am slowwwwww because at 44 and overweight you don't run fast...but hopefully getting faster.
  • GabyBaby916
    Options
    Last night I learned something and had a blast with my kids while doing it!
    I happened to walk through the family room where my young adults were hanging out. They were watching/dancing with something on the television.

It looked like fun, so I asked them to show me how to do the dance. We spent the next 30 minutes or so giggling, laughing and dancing our butts off. :smile: