Post em up.

Options
mercurysfire
mercurysfire Posts: 144 Member
Here's our results page. Victory dances encouraged. Weigh and measure for the prechallenge by Saturday night. Don't be shy, but if you are it's not required. No one's going to kick you out or beat you up for it. We'll take measurement once a month (so go get a tape measure from Walmart or somewhere. They're about a dollar and it's great to see where you're going when the scale won't show you any love.)

You don't have to post every time you step on a scale. just once a month or so to keep an eye on which direction you're trending. (or in my case not trending at all at the mo. ugh.)

I'll be posting mine in a day or two. I'll show you mine if you show me yours. :wink:

Replies

• msandoval74
    Options
    Hello.. My name is Michelle and I am new to this group and really excited about being able to receive some motivation and encouragement plus give some back as well. I will be sure and post my measurements and weight tonight...
  • slim4health56
    slim4health56 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    This is a humbling moment, but that's why I'm here!

Wt: 180
    Bust 47
    Waist 46
    Hips 45
  • goodmorningglory
    Options
    Not a competition...RIGHT!!! I kinda' thrive on competition but NOT TORTURE...:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    SO, I must be true to myself and my goals. Plus, I've heard stories of people going back into the hospital multiple times for more stints. TWO is enough for me. I'm not competing on that scale so I love my gym scales.

As of today: 234 lbs.
    neck: 14"
    waist: 48"
    hips: 52"

DOWN HILL FROM HERE GIRLS!!!!
  • NatashaShen
    NatashaShen Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Alrighty, here we go.

CW- 185lbs
    Bust- 41 in
    Waist- 32 in
    Hips- 52 in

Even being "big" I've always had a relatively small waist.
  • AvalonsUnicorn
    AvalonsUnicorn Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I will weigh in tomorrow God help me! lol I had a not bother to log it day :) But I do have a question... I have a measuring tape I bought it to measure myself but I'm not sure exactly how to do so? Also whats the best way to get an accurate bust measure? Cause I'm very large and am not sure if I'd measure the same in a real bra as I would my sports bra? Any how thanks. :) any tips would be welcome!
  • slim4health56
    slim4health56 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    But I do have a question... I have a measuring tape I bought it to measure myself but I'm not sure exactly how to do so? Also whats the best way to get an accurate bust measure? Cause I'm very large and am not sure if I'd measure the same in a real bra as I would my sports bra? Any how thanks. :) any tips would be welcome!

I would think this is entirely up to you. Sports bras do a great job of compressing whereas most other bras can be worn for both support and enhancing our curves...I think the purpose of measurement is to gauge inches lost instead of depending entirely on weight (which can be deceiving). For what it's worth, I wore a regular bra when I measured and will wear the same one every time I measure. Well, at least until the darn thing no longer fits...:flowerforyou:
  • mercurysfire
    Options
    sometimes it easier to take measurements if someone can help you. BUT- that being said, i do it myself because i don't want hubs knowing my waist size. or weight for that matter. in fact i have never told anyone my weight (save for the people here) until i told my dad a few weeks ago. of all people....but he was really surprised. he didn't think i weighed nearly that much, so it was kind of nice.
    so do as many of these as you think you need to- they are just a benchmark.

neck- around the middle kind of like they measure men's dress shirts

shoulders- broadest part around the top

biceps- you know where they are (do both sides though b/c most likely they will be different just by a little)

top of bust- under the armpits around the top of the bra line

bust- around the middle of the girls like they measure you for bras as the undies store. in fact, this is a pretty good gauge too. if you have a lingerie store like victoria's secret or even a bali or fredrick's or something, go get measured. you might be surprised to begin with.

natural waist- look for your belly button

hips- the broadest part

thigh- again do both. top part, the part you hate. :tongue:

quads- the part about 3 inches above your knee.

calves- broadest part about 3 in below the knee

If you look at the back of a dress pattern or the size charts for a catalog, they have an illustration for where some of these measurements are. it's best to do this in the buff, but sports braas are going to really throw your bust measurement off. a real bra is better, but still with all the fabric and stuff, it's not going to be a true measurement. but do it the way you feel most comfortable. :bigsmile:
  • AvalonsUnicorn
    AvalonsUnicorn Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    okies I think I did these right lol It's a start any how :)

Weight 215.6

neck: 13

waist: 41

hips: 49

belly: 50

bust :44

Thanks girls for telling me how to do this :)
  • mercurysfire
    Options
    neck- 13
    shoulders- 43 (i gained an inch since may. i'm not sure if im happy about this or not...)
    right bicep- 12.5
    left bicep-13 (gained an inch in both...)
    full bust-38
    under bust 35
    waist 31 (gained a half inch)
    hips- 38 (lost an inch)
    r & l thigh- 23
    r & l calf- 15 in
    CW-153

i'd like to lose another 10, but i just don't know if that's even possible. i'm about the same size and shape now as i was when i was 17.... well with slightly bigger boobs. ;P
  • CaeliGirl11
    CaeliGirl11 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I finally remembered to bring my measurements with me to work;)
    Bust: 44in
    Waist: 42.5 in
    Stomach: 51 in
    Hips: 51.75 in
    Right Leg: 29 in
    Left Leg: 28.75 in
    Right Arm: 16.5 in
    Left Arm: 16.5 in
    Since I could not find the measurements from May, this will be my new starting measurements:) I had to have lost a couple of inches since the end of May but I really don't remember what the measurements were so could not even guess where the losses would have been from...
  • katonaroof
    katonaroof Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    so, i took my weight & measurements on july 29th & i'm just posting them now (that'll tell you where i've been.... & how the heck did we get to AUGUST 7th already.... :huh: )

CW: 158 (you'll notice i haven't changed it on MFP because i don't want to....)
    bust: 36"
    waist: 30" (that's my natural waist where the indentation is which is quite a few inches above my belly button)
    hips: 39"

that's all i bother to measure - have enough challenges just doing that - figure those should give me some indication.
  • mercurysfire
    Options
    ha ha :) me either. i haven't been able to weigh since last time because i seem to have lost my scale....its probably beneath either the pile of rubble or the pile of bathroom supplies. are you back in CO now or still rambling? :)
  • ArtemisRuns
    ArtemisRuns Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    i did my bust wrong. I will have to redo this.

Waist - 45

Hips - 49

thigh - 25

(all inches)

I guess I will check back in about 2 weeks to see if there is any change ?
  • mistyboggs
    mistyboggs Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I do not have a scale.:ohwell: I took my measurements before I left and they are the ones posted on my profile, I will take the time to post them later. I'm kind of freaking out because I normally weigh myself a couple times a day :blushing: As soon as I come in contact with one I will post but last time I checked I was at 189. I think I have definitely lost because it was during the time I retain about three extra pounds of water. We will see.
  • mercurysfire
    Options
    Thought I'd share an nsv for today. All of my gym pants, you the spandex stretchy clingy type of pants, I noticed today that every single pair is kinda big now where they used to not be. Not in any dander of falling off randomly. I had some work pants that I had to get rid of for that reason a few months back. I almost pantsed myself in the middle of downtown during lunch. It was sort of a happy and sad day. I loved those pants. Before they tried to double cross me at the kwikie mart.

But I always just assumed spandex sort stretched and shrank with you. I stand corrected. ;p
  • ArtemisRuns
    ArtemisRuns Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    mercury, that's great! I am sure you will find an even better pair of pants that you will love even more....b/c they will be a smaller size! :bigsmile:
  • CaeliGirl11
    CaeliGirl11 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Ok, small NSV time...this time last summer I went up to Williamsburg (and tomorrow I am headed back for the same reason) to visit my in-laws (including sister and brothers-in-law). I went to the Talbots outlets and bought two pair of shorts (the long kind that go to your knees) that I just loved (one was navy with embroidered stars and the other red gingham). Anyways, I was packing for the trip up this weekend and thought I'd take them and tried them on...um...they about fell off me!! About.fell.off.me.:noway: Now I don't own a single pair of shorts for vacation!! Haha...oh well, I guess I'll just have to hit up the outlets again when we get up there:tongue:
  • mercurysfire
    Options
    that's fantastic!!!! i love it when that happens. :) they are going to be floored when they see how far you've come. :bigsmile:
  • mercurysfire
    Options
    I'm going to say maybe around 9/1 let's do measurements again and a big weigh in. (i'll post it in the weekly challenge so you don't forget.) as soon as i can get my computer working at home i'll post up some pics of before and afters. (i think it's unplugged. oh god please just let it be unplugged...) a lot of them are in undies though, so avert your tender eyes if undie shots are offensive. (i didn't really ever plan to share them. hence the undies.)
  • katonaroof
    katonaroof Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    omgosh!!!!!! doing snoopy's happy dance - seriously! i bought (online) some fall dresses cuz i didn't have any and i ventured to buy them in small because one site they were like 70% off and the other site allows for returns for up to a year. figured i might be able to squeeze into them by the time fall came around and if i couldn't, then i had a year to see if i could get into them!

so, one package arrived yesterday (which i didn't even bother to open cuz it was from the year return company) and the other package came today which i just opened & figured i'd try on because i don't have the year option to return... still figured i wouldn't even be able to get them on much less wear them. both dresses fit - granted, they're stretchy material yet this is ridiculous (good, that is) - & i can't wear them outside yet i got them completely on. encouraged, i opened the other package & they fit too. & again, stretchy material, yet still, SMALLs!!!!!!!!

still doing happy dance!!!!!!!!! my mind is going - come on, i weigh 158 lbs and am only 5'5", how the heck am i fitting into a small? manufacturer's must have changed their sizing - actually, one of the dresses says it's a 4-6, yet the other one says it's a 1!!!!!! the 1 well, that just has to be wrong!!!! again, my head is going maybe it's a women's 1L or however that goes, yet it's not swimming on me either!

so, encouraged even more, i tried on these size 10 shorts that i've never worn... and i got them on... and buttoned... and zippered! (obviously, i carry a ton of weight in my hips/legs) now, i wouldn't wear them outside cuz i'd look like a stuffed sausage yet i got them on!

so, the part of me that's doing snoopy's happy dance - is just going with it!!! & thinking maybe i should return the dresses for extra smalls!!!!!!!! - ok, joking there!!!!!! just a bit tho!