Out of the frying pan....

Options
wideeyedla
wideeyedla Posts: 138 Member
FMGWACS (Heather's fans will get it, for the rest of you, it is an acronym for something VERY rude).

Just when I get myself disentangled from the clean eating trolls, I find myself in the middle of a low carb battle. I love you guys, because no one preaches. I don't care if you are vegan, Whole 90, Paleo, IIFYM, whatever. It just burns me when people on those threads IGNORE the science or blow it off.

Low carb isn't for everyone. But it is saving my *kitten* right now, and I have done a TON of research on it. So please don't tell me that eating meat, veggies, nuts and the occasional fruit is going to KILL ME BECAUSE IT IS BAD FOR ME.

Rant over.

Replies

• kellyskitties
    kellyskitties Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    You skeeeerin me - hell fire may soon rain down..... but we are friends so I'll help hold the umbrella!
  • MorningWhispers
    Options
    That is one thing I don't like about this site is all the people telling everyone that it's okay to eat the non healthy foods and we are bad for telling them they shouldn't be eating that crap.

I don't know about anyone else but my overall goal is to be healthy, not just be some number on the scale. I know lots of thin people who are not healthy. What's the point of losing weight if I am still going to feel miserable because of all the crap I am putting into my body?
  • wideeyedla
    Options
    Oh, and two more today. So last week it was pick on clean eaters week. This week it must be the low carbers turn. I wonder which type of lifestyle will be next?
  • kellyskitties
    kellyskitties Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    ...putting on galoshes also... where we goin?
  • wideeyedla
    Options
    ...and suddenly, The Talking Heads are singing, "We're on the road to nowhere, come on along..."
    Must avoid the stupid, that's where we are going :)
  • peggymdellinger
    peggymdellinger Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    That is one thing I don't like about this site is all the people telling everyone that it's okay to eat the non healthy foods and we are bad for telling them they shouldn't be eating that crap.

I don't know about anyone else but my overall goal is to be healthy, not just be some number on the scale. I know lots of thin people who are not healthy. What's the point of losing weight if I am still going to feel miserable because of all the crap I am putting into my body?

Exactly!
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Options

On the OTHER side of the coin are the people that do indulge themselves while keeping within their macros, are fit and have healthy blood work etc....

There's no way to ASSUME that one will feel one way or another via eating a certain food. Especially within the confines of what this site sets out for your nutrition.

Last week I happened to have one of my best bench days after eating Five Guys burger and fries. Coincidence? Could be. Maybe it's because I didn't count calories that day. Who knows. But I certainly do eat burgers/fries every day. More like once a month. But I don't assign some evil label to it.

Low carb. I actually tried this a few years back. I lost a decent amount of weight. BUT, I used to have pretty bad hamstring cramps. Even when I wasn't working out. I suspect my carb levels were actually too low given my lifting activities. Just didn't work for me.
  • lpina2mi
    lpina2mi Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Oh, and two more today. So last week it was pick on clean eaters week. This week it must be the low carbers turn. I wonder which type of lifestyle will be next?

High(er) fat, of course.
  • wideeyedla
    Options
    So that will have me on all three :drinker:
  • wideeyedla
    Options
    I would totally do a Five Guys bigger sans bun WITH fries on a Saturday. For the record. They use fresh meat, fresh potatoes, and have all KINDS of toppings.

Low carb is NOT for everyone. I suspect that if your hormonal system is in healthy balance, it would be sort of pointless. For me, it's like a prescription.

The whole reason I vent is because unless someone specifically ASKS for a diary review, or advice on their eating plan, it isn't my business. Period.

But to troll a thread with rumors pretending to be facts when you have done not ONE lick of research simply because it isn't what you are doing seems to defeat the purpose of the site. If you can't be supportive, don't say anything.
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Options
    I understand that. But some people imply that clean eating is the only way and demonize those that don't always eat 100% healthy. You don't seem to be one of those though.
  • wideeyedla
    Options
    I understand that. But some people imply that clean eating is the only way and demonize those that don't always eat 100% healthy. You don't seem to be one of those though.

Nope, My motto is YMMV. It's just frustrating to respond to a post only to later find out that the OP was just having some fun seeing what he/she could stir up, especially when the question can be taken seriously. So I took the time to answer, and to provide reasons, based on evidence, and I did it for nothing - other than to be a part of someone's amusement for the afternoon.

I don't think the clean eaters demonize people :) They do it to food. Like I said, your body, your business. But then, I'm a recovering alcoholic - been sober 20 years. I can imagine how few people would speak to me if I preached temperance :)