Are you following a particular diet such as the 5:2

mollymoo
mollymoo Posts: 23 Member
Hi

I am following the 5:2 diet again. I tried it earlier on in the year but I found it hard to control my eating on the 5 non fast days, it was too tempting to binge on these days. I did lose about 8lb but I have put it back on againt since when I went on holiday etc.

This time, I am still fasting for 2 days a week but on the 5 non fast days, I am using MFP to keep to 1300 calories and I am finding this much easier.

I have only been following this for a week but I am really happy with the 5lb I lost last week, especially as I cannot exercise at the moment due to a dodgy knee. Wish I could lose 5lb every week!

For those who want to know more about the 5:2 diet, this link will give you some more information

http://thefastdiet.co.uk/

There is also a book you can get with recipes etc which also explains all the science behind it, it makes really interesting reading and seems to make a lot of sense.

Is anyone else trying the 5:2 diet? If so, how are you getting on with it?

June

Replies

• Kaali1985
    Kaali1985 Posts: 41 Member
    I'm doing slimming world ATM, and have been for a few months now. Finding it helpful :)
  • mollymoo
    mollymoo Posts: 23 Member
    You are doing really well. I have done SW in the past and done well on it, just haven't got the willpower to keep it off unfortunately.
  • Kaali1985
    Kaali1985 Posts: 41 Member
    My weightloss isn't all down to sw.

I had my last child nov 2011,

Started losing jan 2012, lost 26lb in the first half of the year, then lost another 14 the second half of the year taking me down to. Around 14st at Xmas 2012.

Then this year I have gained and lost the same 6lbs, until I joined sw in may. I have lost 15lbs since joining sw. I am currently just under 13st for the first time ever. i hope to lose another 14 ish from where I am, and then re-evaluate my goals :)

Good luck with whatever diet you do, but most fad diets or quick fixes aren't long term losses.

I try really hard to think of it as a lifestyle change rather than a diet, it allows me to have treats without feeling guilty. :)
  • pixiee88
    pixiee88 Posts: 52
    I'm following weight watchers. I love it because it fits in with my life and doesn't interfere with what I cook for my partner - it doesn't feel like a "diet", just a healthy lifestyle. I've lost 10% of my original body weight.