Public service announcement. Clean your water bottle

Options
JeffseekingV
JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
ESPECIALLY if you use it to drink your protein drinks. Any residue that's left will quickly start growing nasty mold inside. Even if I really rinse my water bottles out, I still have to take a brush down inside to clean the bottom of the the bottle. Also remove the gasket from the bottom of the cap and clean all that out witjh a stiff brush.

Replies

• spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    I only put water in my water bottle.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    You're not the boss of me
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    You're not the boss of me
  • bumblebums
    Options
    Seriously, though, I have had some water bottles in the past that had small mammals growing inside. The ones with narrow necks are impossible to clean. I have a wider neck water bottle now, and I just chuck it in the dishwasher every other week or so. (And I keep nothing but water in it so it doesn't need daily fumigation.)
  • ailbheoconnell
    ailbheoconnell Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Its not just the inside of the bottle. The bacteria from your mouth that grows around the mouth piece of the bottle will give you a really sore throat!! I speak from experience, from a couple of different occasions. Once I washed the bottle the sore throat went within a couple of hours.
  • bumblebums
    Options
    Its not just the inside of the bottle. The bacteria from your mouth that grows around the mouth piece of the bottle will give you a really sore throat!! I speak from experience, from a couple of different occasions. Once I washed the bottle the sore throat went within a couple of hours.

Well, even Anderson Cooper has fecal strep on his phone.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tue-october-18-2011/moment-of-zen---anderson-cooper-s-dirty-cell-phone

So yeah, keeping things clean is important.
  • redladywitch
    redladywitch Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    <----Total germ phobe. This post makes me want to soak my water bottle in bleach water.
  • GetSoda
    GetSoda Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    sigg bottle brush and effordent tabs make it a breeze.
This discussion has been closed.