Introduce Yourself

mollymoo
mollymoo Posts: 23 Member
Hi

I thought it would be a nice idea to set up a new group for members living in Lincolnshire.

My name is June and live in Louth, Lincolnshire. I am 52 years old and have a considerable amount of weight to lose so I looking for some local support.

I would also like to meet others who might want to go out for a medium length walk.

I look forward to chatting to all fellow yellow bellies, though I must admit I am not entitled to use that phrase as I was actually born in Northamptonshire!

I have sent out lots of invites to potential new members of the group by just doing a search for "Lincolnshire" so please do not be alarmed if you have received an invite from me, it is nothing sinister!!

I thought it would be a nice idea to have a "get to know you" quiz so here is mine. Please copy, if you feel like it.

1 Where were you born?

Corby, Northamptonshire

2 Where do you live now?

Louth

3 Where else have you lived?

Chatham, Kent

4 What is your current occupation

Office worker doing computer things which means I sit on my fat bum all day!

5 What is your dream occupation

Doctor, I love all things medical

6 Tell use 5 things about yourself:)

I have a whippet called Basil
I love cruising
I have just went part time at work and loving it
Love walking but I have a dodgy knee which is even more incentive to lose weight
I love to travel

Replies

• kayl3igh88
    kayl3igh88 Posts: 428 Member
    Hello there :) I'm Kay & live in Boston Lincs, so still a little far to go walking, but definately up for local support :bigsmile: x
  • BeccaBollons
    BeccaBollons Posts: 652 Member
    Hi I'm Becca, 30 year old stay at home mum to a 6 yo and a 2 yo. I was born in Grantham, and still live here! It will be nice to share this group for local people.
    Molly, I too am into all things medical, and I am a proper bookworm!
    I have a bad back, which is not too debilitating, but I have to take it easy as in no aerobics etc. I am always, always on the go!
  • mollymoo
    Hi Becca and Kay

Thank you for joining the group, I was hoping I was not going to be on my own for long.
  • hannah1803
    hannah1803 Posts: 22 Member
    Hi, I'm Hannah, I'm 31 and live in Brigg.
    I was born in Hull (but thankfully don't have the accent!) and have also lived in Kirmington and Sheffield whilst at uni.
    I work in business development for an engineering consultancy, which is a fairly sedentary job but the offices are nice and big so I try to get up and visit people when I need to speak to them instead of picking up the phone. I have no idea what my dream occupation would be!

5 things about me, hmmm.....
    1) I'm in to all things crafty, and I'm currently being kept busy by friends with children requesting dribble bibs, quilts and tepees every 2 minutes
    2) I'm pretty tall (not far off 6 foot)
    3) I detest all forms of exercise, except for horse riding, and I'm not sure that even counts
    4) I get married next September but have yet to organise a single thing
    5) I'm petrified of fish, needles and men in sandals
  • joro0404
    joro0404 Posts: 20
    Jozy, 53.

1. Born: Leeds, Yorkshire.

2. Now: close to Stickney

3. Previously lived: Wakefield & Barnsley areas of Yorkshire but in Lincolnshire for the last 16 years.

4. Occupation: Dispenser & receptionist

5. Dream Occ: I enjoy what I do now ..... MOST days.

6. About me I only returned to work in 2007, this is the first 'permenant' paid job I've had since 1979 when my first child was , born, most of the time from then I've been caring for children either my own or other peoples.
    We have a cat called Marmalade.
    We have 4 chickens, Henrietta, Matilda, Orchid & Annie, meaning we get some lovely free range eggs.
    We have 1 grand daughter aged 7 (and a very important 8 months because that means she's nearer to 8 than 7
    now you know)
    We try to go camping every year and enjoy walking but it has to be at my pace.
    I don't drive yet.
  • Hi, saw this last night but my reply didn't save for some reason?

I'm Sheryl

Just turned 36 eeek

Full time SAHM

Live in a village just outside Grimsby

Random fact - when I was 10 years old I did a painting at school for a local kids gallery competition and they thought it was that good they entered it in a national competition and I won so my picture was hung in a posh gallery in London and I thought it was a load of crap at the time.

Pet hate - I cannot bear to write in blue pen

and . . . . . . . I love chocolate too much ;)
  • joro0404
    joro0404 Posts: 20
    Oohh dear, yet another fact about me it seems I can't count :frown: :ohwell: . I guess I'll just go hang my head in shame :embarassed:
  • mollymoo
    Hi and welcome everyone.

Thank you for joining my group, I look forward to seeing some interesting posts to the group and receiving and giving lots of support on our weight loss journey.

June
  • Kaali1985
    Kaali1985 Posts: 41 Member
    Hi, I'm kaali, 28, live in Sleaford, was born in Essex and have lived all over. I am a sahm of 4 little ppl.

Erm interesting fact? Erm erm erm lol. Ok we'll go for just a fact or 3,

we are getting a puppy next week.

I walk miles every week and am convinced my body is just used to it so it is now of no health or weightloss benefit anymore. Lol

I currently weigh 10lbs lighter than I did when I was 18, before I had any kids, but am far less happy wi my body now than I was back then.
  • poetical333
    poetical333 Posts: 20 Member
    Hi, I'm Clare. I haven't been on this site for a while. I'd love to say it's because I've been busy with the WW site instead, but actually I've just been getting lazy (and fatter). So, thanks for inviting me and prompting me to get back down to it!

1 Where were you born? In the village of Boothby Graffoe, just south of Lincoln (there's a comedian who named himself after this village!)

2 Where do you live now?

Currently in Waddington, but I'm in the middle of buying a house in Scampton so I hope I'll be moving soon

Edinburgh, London, Harlow in Essex, Windsor in Berkshire, Marlow in Buckinghamshire, Wimborne in Dorset, South Petherton in Somerset... lots of moving about!... and then recently back to Lincolnshire

I'm a computer programmer and I work from home. Which basically means I walk from the bedroom to the dining room as my daily commute, and visit the kitchen a few times, and that's the only exercise I get.

I love my job, but I'd like to do it only part time. Maybe just a few hours a day.

6 Tell use 5 things about yourself

I'm getting laser eye surgery next week so I won't have to wear glasses any more
    I have a big family but they're spread all over the country so I don't see them much
    I'm not very good at losing weight - I don't have the discipline to stick to a diet and I'm very lazy
    My boyfriend bought me a bicycle recently, so we're going to try and start cycling soon
    My new house has a snooker table, so I'm going to have to learn to play snooker
  • BeccaBollons
    BeccaBollons Posts: 652 Member
    @poetical333 My sister lives in Waddington :)
  • Sam_Jayne
    Sam_Jayne Posts: 48
    Im Sam 40 yrs old and live in Boston.Married 15yrs and have 2 children aged 13 and 9.
  • poetical333
    poetical333 Posts: 20 Member
    @BeccaBollons - does she want anyone to walk with? Or even just drink tea with! :-)
  • zozie73
    zozie73 Posts: 26
    Hi there, slow to reply to the invite as I have been sailing down the Suffolk and Essex coast for a week

1 Where were you born?

Wantage, Oxfordshire (was Berkshire when I was born)

2 Where do you live now?

Brigg

Grove (Oxfordshire), Walton on the Naze (Essex), Bangor (North Wales)

Science teacher at a school in S****horpe

Running a small holding

6 Tell use 5 things about yourself:)

I have 2 border collies (Harry and Sally), 3 cats (Ember, Jasmine and Blaze - brother and sisters) and 4 chickens
    I spend hours in the garden growing veg and fruit
    I have a son who is 9 (Euan), 2 stepdaughters (Emma 22 and Sarah 25) and a granddaughter (Alicia who is 2)
    I love to read when I have the time
    can't think of no 5
  • pixiee88
    pixiee88 Posts: 52
    Hello! I'm Kristyn and I currently live in Cleethorpes, although soon moving a few miles down the road to Grimsby. I primarily use MFP on my phone and don't think I can access groups that way (hence I didn't see the request), so feel free to add me as a friend.

1 Where were you born?
    I was born in Grimsby, on a sunny Saturday in mid-May 1988 :)

2 Where do you live now?
    I currently live beside the seaside in Cleethorpes, which I LOVE. I think people around here take for granted what we have, but I really appreciate having the beach within a 5 minute walk of my house and I've discovered a love of walking and jogging by the sea. However, this won't last much longer as I'm moving back to Grimsby as my partner and I have just bought our first home.

Nowhere. I've lived in this area all of my life.

I'm a teaching assistant. People often assume this means I want to be a teacher. I don't know if I do. I'm currently studying towards a BA(hons) in History. I don't really know where it's going to lead me. I'm not a career girl, I'm happy just enjoying life as it comes.

I would love a little tea room with homemade cake and upcycled furniture. I like cake. This is why I have a weight problem.

6 Tell us 5 things about yourself:)
    1) I am a complete cat lady. I have five cats of my own, and another that I donated to my dad. Unfortunately, my partner is allergic to cat hair so this means they are all going to have to stay living with my mum when I move. This makes me sad.
    2) I am a member of Weight Watchers. It has changed my life.
    3) I'm a chocoholic. I eat chocolate every day. I fit it in to my plan and make allowances for it. It hasn't hindered my weight loss. A little bit of what you fancy does you good.
    4) I like to listen to Alanis Morissette whilst working out. She's a strong, confident woman who has been through a lot of ups and downs...a little like myself. She keeps me working hard.
    5) I love vintage style. Tea cups and saucers. The smell of roses. Ribbons and pearls. Cath Kidston.
  • GrabacrPD
    GrabacrPD Posts: 94 Member
    Phill, Hello all!

Originally from Bourne, South Lincs and Born in Stamford.

Now living in Nottingham after studying my degree in the city and the lack of graduate jobs back home but will always be a Yellow Belly!

I play American Football is one of the most unique things about me!
  • mollymoo
    Hi Everyone

Nice to hear from you all.

How is it going?

June
  • Blitzer32
    Blitzer32 Posts: 9 Member
    Hi, I just moved to the Grantham area of Lincolnshire. Don't know my way around yet! Would be nice to chat with some locals. I'm 32 year old SAHM to a toddler. I like walking, running and being out and about. Anyone in area is free to friend me. :)
  • Hello everyone,

I've not been on here for months after being on for a while & managed to lose just over 1 stone. I am now putting it back on again so really need to get motivated again.

I saw the invite but after looking through all your posts realise that I will be the oldest at 62 yrs. I have suffered with MS for the past 7 yrs and this has worsened so I am unable to walk without crutches & have to use my battery powered chair mostly. This makes exercising very difficult, nigh on impossible unfortunately.

I live with my partner Alan.

I am a true yellow belly, born, raised & lived in Lincoln all my life.

No pets now, would love a cat but too difficult for me now plus my partner won't let me have one lol.

I have a grown up son & daughter who have given me 5 gorgeous Granddaughters (still waiting for the boy but I'm told that won't happen lol)

I am far too fond of chocolate, cakes, cream & all things sweet!!!! My clothes are getting too tight so help needed please.

Josie xx
  • Hi all, just found your group and joined,

In Market Rasen ATM,

D...