Anyone done CLX/insanity hybrid?

Options
iNkedFiTmama
iNkedFiTmama Posts: 277 Member
I'm getting insanity from someone for free and I still have 1 maybe 2 months of CLX left .. if I do the lean for life phase which I am considering but I'm wondering if someone has tried the hybrid w/insanity? I just cannot give up chalean fully and I was going to do another round of just CLX but now I'm debating since I've been offered insanity.

Replies

• SleeplessinBerlin
    SleeplessinBerlin Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Try it if you are in decent shape. I think it's a good combo but it will be exhausting. Insanity workouts are longer, up to an hour in month 2. And you will be doing push-ups, jumps, squats and many moves in plank position so it's not just cardio but resistance training as well - make sure you get enough good carbs from your diet and plenty of protein, too. And sleep.
  • mdwelch123
    mdwelch123 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I did Insanity in its entirety before starting ChaLean. I mix it up a lot. I do my three circuits a week, but sometimes for cardio I do Insanity. I try to work abs every other day and use either Cardio abs (Insanity), Ab Ripper X (p90x), ChaLean, or Tummy Tuck (BBL). I was exhausted when I finished Insanity, so I'm only using month one Insanity workouts when I use that for cardio. I also run some days or do a run/walk trying to keep my heart rate in the fat burn zone. Just mix it up, have fun, and play it by ear.

And if you are too sore to do Insanity push-ups, etc just do a diff exercise, he doesn't do any of them for a long period of time. My hubby is doing p90x/Insanity hybrid. He avoids Insanity push-ups. Sometimes he does mountain climbers instead during his level drills.