Friday July 26th weigh in/Challenge

Options
aNewMiniMe
aNewMiniMe Posts: 116 Member
Greetings one and all. It's the dreaded Friday weigh-in day. Post your weight both here and the spread sheet please. Also post how you did with your water intake.

Challenge for the week. Take an old favorite family recipe and make it healthy! Of course you can't loose flavor or presentation but you can loose calories! I would like you to post it to your recipes on the recipe tab so that we can share it. A little note explaining your recipe and how many calories you were able to cut from it would be nice. And of course - you must cook this and test it on your family or friends to see if they notice any difference from the "old fatty recipe" to the "new and improved recipe" Who knows, maybe they will like it better.

Replies

• JasminPowerRESET
    JasminPowerRESET Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hello all!!

I think I failed the water challenge. However, thanks for making me aware of the fact that I don't drink enough water. Trying to improve this now (always have a big bottle of water next to me while I work- that helps a lot).

Good news: I have lost a pound (now 181 lbs) and I am finally NOT OBESE anymore (just overweight). Very happy about that :-D

Looking forward to this weeks challenge. Thanks for keeping this up aNewMiniMe!
    Jasmin
  • cwaters120
    cwaters120 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    So this week, I wasn't able to get my water in on Saturday and Sunday due to camping and having AWFUL tasting water. However, the rest of the week, I floated like a little fishy in its own little pond :drinker:

I am down 1.6# this week for a new weigh in of 215.4 :drinker: I cannot even begin to tell you how worried I was about this weigh in! The weekend was REALLY rough without my water (the stores were a long way away) and its been a very "unscheduled" kind of week :ohwell:

I actually revamped my recipe last night ( you REALLY find out who your RL friends are when you tweak a favorite!!! LOL) and served it to friends. I do this often as, right now, I am trying to find "safe" versions of my favorite "old" foods that I can no longer eat due to recent allergy diagnosis'. I am sure there will be another before the week is out because I am determined!:laugh:
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    I weighed in yesterday. I'm down 7 lbs from 264 to 257. I didn't do the water challenge. I'm good with the nine to 11 glasses of water (20 oz) that I normally drink.

I did, however, get the wheat out of my diet. I've been suffering from digestive problems, which were eased last month when I ditched wheat, but it was short-lived. I am hoping to be able to keep it up this time.

My allergies have cleared up a lot this week and I feel much less hungry.

Also this week I stopped swimming with my speedo swim gloves and my arm with tendonitis feels so much better that I was able to start lifting weights and doing push-ups. So that is good.

I'm working on a wheat free chocolate chip cookie recipe. I'll let you guys know how it goes.
  • janlawrence2
    janlawrence2 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Weigh in this morning: 215. Up 3 from last weigh in due to vacation.
    Water challenge didn't start for me until I returned on Wed. of this week and could get back online. I had multitudes of problems with my vacation internet last week so I just gave up. BUT, this week, since Wed.:
    My goal using the calculations you gave me were that I needed 106 oz., or 13 glasses daily. I averaged 8-10 daily. But I realized how much better I felt doing that and how dehydrated I must have been. This is my new habit commitment to myself!
  • mlerand62
    mlerand62 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Greetings! I never hit my challenge on the water. 12 seems to be as high as I can go.

Sunday and Monday were not great days. Not horrible, but they had me worried. However, I worked hard the rest of the week and it paid off. I think we need to forgive ourselves, not worry about it, and move on. I did fine.

Current weight is 244.8. I lost 2.2 lbs. I know the swimming is really helping. Too bad the pool is only open until the middle of August. The life guards are mostly college kids and they think they have to go back.

Challenge - I need to think about this one. GREAT idea. I also like that we will be sharing. I love new recipes.

Heading out into the woods for the weekend. I hope to log in early, early tomorrow morning and then when we get home Sunday night. My plan is to take the dogs out for some good long walks.

Have a great week.
  • determined_erin
    determined_erin Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I am now 153 lbs, so I did really well the past week (158 lbs last Friday)! I always drink water and have it as my main drink. I get around 7 - 8 cups a day, even though I should drink 10 cups a day. I think that is still pretty good. :)

As far as recipes, I really don't cook. My family has great recipes, but I don't even know where to start when it comes to cooking/baking anything. All I've done is scrambled eggs and instant pancakes. XD So, I really have no idea how to do this challenge. lol
  • aNewMiniMe
    aNewMiniMe Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I failed completely this week! Water...... a bust as usual:indifferent: and I am up this week. 138.4 :sad:
    I guess having a 12 year old in the house for a week that eats all the time didn't help. I must have eating much more than I thought when feeding her. :noway:
  • melissalanggin
    melissalanggin Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday Everyone.....

This week was a good week.. Started off a little on the bad side and I even gained about .6 through out the weekend however everything was logged and on Sunday and Saturday I had about 34-64 oz of water each day..

Monday through Thursday I stayed true to eating cleaner and burned almost 300 cals or more a day.. making this week a loss of 4 lbs even. YAY me.. I even had 115 to 128 oz of water each day as well.. Through out the whole week i ended about 518 oz of water.. Me and the toilet are close friends.. HAHAHAHA...

I am def in on this weeks challenge.. A new recipe.. I think I am going to try and make a fam fav that I normally use beef on and instead use turkey... We shall see what I can come up with

Have a great week everyone and great job on your hard work and dedication..
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    My husband is dreading this because I am making the wheat free chickpea chocolate chip cookies!
  • cwaters120
    cwaters120 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Posting for cherryqb:

her weight is now 189.0 lbs :bigsmile:

she is currently working on a recipe and has told me the name, but I'll leave it as a surprise for later :smile: I'll post it when she sends it my way :wink:
  • suzyv98
    suzyv98 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, Sorry I have been MIA. Between my vacation in the beginning of the month and training for a 5k at the end of the month, I have been a little preoccupied. I drank plenty of water this week. I had a few GI issues this week, but they seem to have resolve it's self. I am down to 190.9 My two dietbets end tomorrow. I have .3 to lose by Tuesday morning. On a happy note: I ran my first 5k yesterday and it was FUN!!!. I'll try and do the challenge next week. I started my own dietbet - Losing to win in August- Keep the momentum going!!!! If anyone wants to join me: http://diet.bt/132rLHj