New to Eat More2Weigh Less and have a question

Options
Hey guys,

So i'm really excited to say that after years of fasting, eating 1,200 or less calories and trying crazy diets I have "converted" to eat more to weigh less. I've only been doing it for two weeks and I love how I feel so far. I have more energy to get through my workouts and i'm never hungry. But I had something happen and I just wanted to know if this was normal or if any of you experienced this.

I know that you are supposed to gain weight first and then loose especially after coming out of starvation mode (which I know I was in). But the first week, I lost a pound so I was extremely excited, but then this past week (week two) I gained two pounds! :(:( Is it normal to fluctuate at first like this? Did any of you experience thist? Just wondering if maybe I'm doing something wrong. Thanks for all of your responses in advance. Also, feel free to add me as a friend i'm always looking for new friends!

Replies

• lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Yes it's normal. To be honest it's normal even when you aren't just upping your calories; the body fluctuates daily. I find monthly progress charts are actually better than weekly. Keep at it for another 6 weeks, really you should try any new routine for a couple of months minimum to give your body time to adjust and catch up. :smile:
  • daniellewillson3
    Options
    Quite normal :) I still will fluctuate here or there. I've actually been thinking of just weighing myself once a week instead of daily but usually I'm just too curious and hop on the scale every morning anyway... Good luck with EM2WL though it really is so healthy and logical :)
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing on only a valid day to minimize the fluctuations?

Only valid weigh-in day for a decent data point is morning after a rest day where you ate normal sodium levels, and not still sore from last lifting workout.

Anything else may be interesting for seeing how much you can fluctuate, but you can't base anything on it or emotion on it.
  • Via88
    Via88 Posts: 46
    Options
    Quite normal :) I still will fluctuate here or there. I've actually been thinking of just weighing myself once a week instead of daily but usually I'm just too curious and hop on the scale every morning anyway... Good luck with EM2WL though it really is so healthy and logical :)

I do weigh myself weekly already, so yeah hopefully it will start to show!

Are you weighing on only a valid day to minimize the fluctuations?

Only valid weigh-in day for a decent data point is morning after a rest day where you ate normal sodium levels, and not still sore from last lifting workout.

Anything else may be interesting for seeing how much you can fluctuate, but you can't base anything on it or emotion on it.

I didn't know that about the valid weigh in day. I weigh in the same day every week. I didn't know being sore could affect weigh ins. I'll take that into consideration thanks! :)
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    I didn't know that about the valid weigh in day. I weigh in the same day every week. I didn't know being sore could affect weigh ins. I'll take that into consideration thanks! :)

Day after cardio has you with less retained water attached to missing glucose - false weight loss.
    Being sore has you retaining water - false weight gain.
    Higher or lower sodium than normal - false weight gain or loss.
  • FattieBabs
    FattieBabs Posts: 542 Member
    Options

Day after cardio has you with less retained water attached to missing glucose - false weight loss.
    Being sore has you retaining water - false weight gain.
    Higher or lower sodium than normal - false weight gain or loss.

Exactly this! The scales are a pain in the ****! Take some measurements and the measure in one months time. The scales will catch up!