Weight Loss/Keto Adapted Question

Options
Hi everyone!
Just curious: did you lose more weight in the beginning of starting keto? Or more weight after you became adapted?
Keto is so fascinating to me. I just read The Art and Science of Low Carb Performance and the science behind it is amazing. I'm just wondering what you all experienced after becoming adapted? More energy? Euphoria? More weight loss?
I'm so excited to get there! I'm still going through the "transition", so hoping to be adapted in 5 or so more weeks. Can't wait to get there...I feel great already, so I'm psyched to see what happens next!

Replies

• fmaganaxo
    fmaganaxo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started in January of this year. I lost the first 25 lbs in the first month, and since then I've lost about another 25 combined. Most of the first 25 was water, I'm sure. After becoming adapted, I definitely have more energy now. I wasn't so convinced when I heard I could eat bacon and cheese, but after seeing the results, I was sold! This won't be a fad diet for me. It's become a lifestyle. I can't even think of grabbing a slice of pizza or drink a soda. They just don't call my attention anymore.
  • vickiwo55
    vickiwo55 Posts: 35
    Options
    Hey there! Thanks so much for the reply--it's so inspiring!
    So do you remember about how long it took for your energy to get super high?
  • ellenkilpatrick
    ellenkilpatrick Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I seem to have more energy now... but my weight loss is very slow.... but I am never hungry, that is huge for me, I can stay between 1600 and 1800 cal a day and not be hungry or crave sweets.. that is a huge victory!!!!
  • LowCarb4Life
    Options
    It's been almost 6mos for me. I too lost more in the beginning (I hear this is common) and am working on it sloooowly now. I have also adapted this as a lifestyle and feel so grateful that I found it based on the benefits I have experienced (loss of cravings, ability to keep to reasonable portions without constantly jones-ing for more food, feeling well, no blood sugar swings, stable energy) are huge for me. Meanwhile, I believe I could work a little harder, excercise more and get faster results. As it turns out, no matter how wonderful this way of eating is for me, I seem to need to keep some things in check for weight loss to occur consistently. So weight loss might still equal some sacrifice. But I too stay around 1,600-1800/day with not a lot of struggle. My keto Dr. said check what your are eating in the following order 1. Carbs (of course), 2. Raise fat percentages, 3. Count Protein - don't overeat protein, 4. last resort, lower calories I still need to improve on that last one. :-) But the more fat I eat, the easier that becomes. Good luck to everyone and hang in there.
  • astartig
    astartig Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Hey there! Thanks so much for the reply--it's so inspiring!
    So do you remember about how long it took for your energy to get super high?

I've been on it about 10 days and I"ve been feeling chipper for a few days now. I've done keto before though.
  • Harpin_Maddog
    Harpin_Maddog Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    If I were you, I would forget the scale for now and break out the tape measure. I hit a plateau (or so I thought) for 3 months where the scale didn't move, but I went down 3 pant sizes and 2 shirt sizes during that time. In the last month and a half the scale is moving again at about 3 lbs per month. I only have about 10 lbs to go to goal weight. But the best part is that I feel great. Doesn't hurt that I am training for a marathon. No way I could do it unless I was in ketosis.