Oh no! I have to read today! 7/26

Options
aakaakaak
aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
Here's a recent interview of Kurtis Frank and Sol Orwell on StrongLifts that Medhi seems to be pushing. I don't know the two involved, but the advice appears to at least pass my limited smell test.

Keep in mind that the only way to really do things properly by eating the right kinds of foods and exercising appropriately. There are no major shortcuts. You're the one that has to put in the work.

http://stronglifts.com/12-strength-training-supplements-dissected/

Your mission today, should you choose to accept it, is to simply read the article.

Replies

• WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    Okay, so read the article (unfortunately, I'm tired enough that even my sciency brain glazed over on some parts so will need to reread it when I can focus my science back into it) I've heard of a lot of these supplements and how they can do this or do that, so it's good to see an article that looks a little more in depth to some of the claims made. I'm not a supplement user (I can barely get myself to take my multi vitamin every day) but I think this is an article I'll keep in my file for the next time somebody says that I should get something because it will help me lift better/have more energy/lose weight.

Oh and I do want to point out one teeny thing they didn't mention in the concerns about caffeine: it can cause fibroid cysts in women, a little TMI, but I'm going to share anyway: I used to be a caffeine drinker until about 18 years ago when a doctor told me I was developing fibroid cysts and he told me the causes, including caffeine (the only one of the causes of fibroid cysts that he listed that I was consistently exposed to) when I talked to my mother about it, she told me (which I did not know at the time) that my sister's breast cancer was actually a fibroid cyst that had turned cancerous (my sister was diagnosed with malignant breast cancer at 21-she's 42 now- and she was exposed to more of the causes of fibroid cysts than I was.) I stopped caffeine cold turkey that day and other than the occasional accidental exposure (when I decide to have soda and I get a coke instead of root beer) I've only had caffeine intentionally once since then (earlier this year when my dad and I drove straight through from Florida to Massachusetts to meet my nephew and I drove the night shift, I had caffeine so I could stay awake for the night, stopped drinking it as soon as we got there)
  • cpharmon
    cpharmon Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Appreciated the Notables sections with a finale' with the moral of the story so to speak....