Just started Belviq on 7/8

Options
amylhbrown
amylhbrown Posts: 2 Member
So far I only see one other person in this group but I have joined so now there are 2! I started Monday and so far it is helping with appetite suppressant. What have you noticed and when did you start?

Replies

• THopeLee
    THopeLee Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks for joining! I'm hoping I can get some more Belviq users in here. I started on 7/2 but like a dummy I didn't take my pills on 7/6 & 7/7 because I was out of town. So yesterday was my 8th full day on Belviq. From the first day my appetite disappeared almost completely, which was awesome!! I haven't added in exercise yet, I will start that tomorrow or Monday. I've lost 4.8 lbs so far according to my doctor's scale but my scale at home which seems to be inconsistent with itself every other minute I wake it up to weigh says I've lost 6.4lbs. Needless to say I am going to buy a non digital scale today for hopefully more accurate recordings.
    Your ticker says you've lost 14 lbs. How long did that take and what were you doing?
  • amylhbrown
    amylhbrown Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I started working on my weight around May 1st. I've fallen off the wagon a few times or I'd have lost more. Now I do physical therapy almost every day. Started Belviq Monday. I've also been working out, built up slowly due to titanium rods in my back. I've so lowered my morphine intake from 130 mg 2x a day to 7mg 2x a day. I'm hoping to get all the way off soon. 1 day at a time!
  • THopeLee
    THopeLee Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Well good job! That is quite an issue to have to deal with. I cant even imagine the pain. Keep up the good work!
  • MGwasp
    MGwasp Posts: 16
    Options
    Ok. So it looks as if it has been a few weeks. How are you doing?
  • RavenBlurayne
    RavenBlurayne Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello all, new to the group and to Belviq. I have not started taking it yet as the Dr. just gave me my trial pack. I wanted to see how people were doing on it. I took Adepex a few months back and it was working ( my relationship went sour and my diet got sabotaged, yes long story) so I had to stop for a few months. I got stable again enough to go back on it and well after a month I only lost 4.5 lbs working out 5 times a week and staying on my diet. So the Dr. wants to try Belviq now. I hear about the side effects and my HUGE concern is that I hear it can make you have a lack of energy.... where as the Adepex gave me that boost that I needed because I already have a lack in energy. Sighs. I guess ill only know once I start taking it. do you all take one or two a day. I was told take 2. What are your thoughts?