30 Day shred, arms or abs challenge.????????

Options
Vote now. Just comment with what you would like for next month. 30 day shred is available on youtube for free

Replies

• kreationsforhome
    kreationsforhome Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I vote for 30 ds
  • highflyer88
    highflyer88 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I'm voting abs or arms. 30ds is too much for me yet. Plus the fist of the videos
  • l_clc
    l_clc Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    30 Day Shred....it's an AWESOME challenge that gives big results! (and only 20 mins/day commitment).
  • cathyg321
    cathyg321 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I would say BOTH. The reason is, it is NOT healthy to exercise a smaller muscle group EVERY DAY. I found this out the hard way with my arms. I was doing weights with my arms EVERY day. That is a weight loss: NO NO. We should give the upper body AT LEAST one day rest before exercising it again. It is during the rest period that the muscles shape and take on a new form..

EX:

Monday: Upper Body - ARMS
    Tuesday: ABS
    Wednesday ABS
    Thursday: Upper Body - ARMS

*Now the reason I wrote ABS back to back is because a personal trainer once told me that the ABS are the largest muscle in the body (Really, I'm being serious!) And because they are the largest muscle, they CAN be exercised EVERY day.

So, doing a schedule like this, allows for a two day rest for the ARMS... and then a REST day during the week.

If this is your plan, I will co-operate with it to the best of my ability. I MAY have torn a muscle in my right arm, I am not sure. I will have to get this looked at. It has been sore for well over 2 weeks! ...

ANYWAY - I will for sure do the ABS challenge - but as far as upper arms? Though I'd love to participate, right now I do not think it will be possible. Please let us know what you decide.
  • jahzbuttafly
    jahzbuttafly Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I vote abs...I run 3 days a week and will start lifting on alternate days, so if you choose 30DS I will have to sadly:sad:, but gracefully bow out.
  • QueenMJD
    QueenMJD Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    out of the three I vote 30 Day Shred!
  • scronen
    scronen Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I vote arms because I've done the 30 day shred a couple times now, and as it's a good workout, it didn't really do much for me.
  • dlanoux
    dlanoux Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I will be doing either 30 day shred or ripped in 30. I bought ripped in 30 a couple weeks back then was told that it might be best to do 30 day shred to work up to ripped in 30. lol! Sounds like I might be getting my butt kicked if I try the ripped in 30 first!
  • slbrown5
    slbrown5 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I'm up for any of the above! Let me know what you decide on. I'd really like to do the 30 DS again. It did great the first time i did it, but I gained weight and got discouraged, but I've been doing better with 'seeing the results' and not being discouraged by the number and I've actually started to lose again.
  • SkinnyMel78
    SkinnyMel78 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    i vote arms or abs. I would like to do 30ds eventually but I don't think i'm ready yet.
  • wylnora
    wylnora Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm almost done the 30DS, and I've seen great results! It's tough so I was looking forward to finishing it and never touching it again :laugh: But I wouldn't mind doing it again.
  • Laurenmp16
    Laurenmp16 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Arms
  • Wraiythe
    Wraiythe Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I vote arms and abs. I have the 30ds and started it a few times, but at the moment I can't even begin to keep up with them when they are getting up and down. My joints are still too stiff and sore. Then I get annoyed at Jillian and toss the dvd in the closet :)
  • scronen
    scronen Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    So do we have a challenge starting tomorrow?