Want more Crossfit friends

Options

Replies

• momof2osaurus
    momof2osaurus Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Bumping this up because I ALSO want CF friends! :-)
  • fakeittomakeit
    fakeittomakeit Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Ditto. I'd love to be added to your friend list. I've been doing crossfit for 6 weeks and.although I LOVE it, my frustration is with my weight. I love the changes in my body so far, but wonder if it will ever show on the scale... Of course it doesn't help.that my husband said he'd rather see me skinny than "cut". Sigh....
  • momof2osaurus
    Options
    Ditto. I'd love to be added to your friend list. I've been doing crossfit for 6 weeks and.although I LOVE it, my frustration is with my weight. I love the changes in my body so far, but wonder if it will ever show on the scale... Of course it doesn't help.that my husband said he'd rather see me skinny than "cut". Sigh....

1) Are you taking your measurements? DO.
    2) Are you taking pictures? DO THAT TOO.
    3) Are you eating enough? CF is rough on the body without enough fuel.
    4) (and most important) Throw away the scale!

I started CF July 1st. Since then I'm down roughly 3 lbs - and very nearly a clothing size.
  • PaleoChocolateBear
    PaleoChocolateBear Posts: 2,844 Member
    Options
    Crossfit friends are awesome
  • Shizzman
    Shizzman Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I'm up for more friends, although I'm not always super active on this site (I don't really track food, but try to write up my workouts)
  • Ceffy
    Ceffy Posts: 235
    Options
    Me too! if anyone wants to add, I have an open diary to friends (UK foods though) and try to be paleo as much as I can with a hectic lifestyle
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Just added a bunch of folks on this thread. Thanks for saying yes and I hope we can keep each other walking the path.
  • sarabodzin
    sarabodzin Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey all! Been crossfit ting for almost 2 1/2 years and love feeling strong! From nancy to Karen to murph and Fran I love all of them! Add me if you would like. I am a teacher by trade and sometimes fall foe to my evil friends...the snack! :) thanks for the add in advance!
  • mrs_mab
    mrs_mab Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Hubby has been doing CF for a while now and I have been dabbling some along with him and my heavy lifting program, as I am recovering from a serious ankle injury and now a recent shoulder surgery. However, I will continue to get more & more into CF as my ankle continues to heal, and once these stitches come out of my shoulder Aug 21! As of lately I have been working on my kipping pull-up (about 1/2 way there), toes to bar & anything I can do on the rings for strength (these things are a BiXch!)!

Anyone feel free to add me! :happy:
  • bowhuntr09
    bowhuntr09 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I sent a bunch of requests in the thread but then lost track. Feel free to add me, been doing CF since May 1st. Just signed on the dotted line for a year.
  • Emllynn
    Emllynn Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!! Feel free to add me as well. I started Crossfit back in January. I injured myself have now recovered and have re-committed. I'm new to the group.
  • bostonwolf
    Options
    What kind of injury if you don't mind me asking? Just so I can make sure I avoid it if possible!
  • georgie304
    georgie304 Posts: 143
    Options
    Have a few new CF friends and love seeing the CF posts. So awesome to see other people who "get it". I feel like one day, someone in my life is gonna go postal on me b/c I can not shut up about CF. LOL

Gonna send a few requests, but feel free to add me too.
  • EB4life
    EB4life Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Me too!! Add me! Just starting out but I am already enamored! READ MY BLOG AND U'LL SEE FOR URSELF. ADD ME IF U WOULD LIKE SOME CF LOVE AND SUPPORT <3
  • ascrit
    ascrit Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I would welcome some CrossFit friends also!
  • bostonwolf
    Options
    Any group member can feel free to add me.
  • demon2run
    Options
    Hey guys, I've just started Cross Fit as well, I'd love some more friends. Please ad.
  • bostonwolf
    Options
    I'm going to throw this out there, and hopefully people won't think I'm being a ****.

If you are new to Crossfit and our group and want some MFP friends who do Crossfit, the burden should not be on us to add you.

YOU should be proactive, take a look at this thread/discussion group and add some folks whose posts you enjoy.

Almost none of us are going to decline the request, although you might get deleted later on if you aren't active on the site or aren't doing CF any more.
  • Shizzman
    Shizzman Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I'm going to throw this out there, and hopefully people won't think I'm being a ****.

If you are new to Crossfit and our group and want some MFP friends who do Crossfit, the burden should not be on us to add you.

YOU should be proactive, take a look at this thread/discussion group and add some folks whose posts you enjoy.

Almost none of us are going to decline the request, although you might get deleted later on if you aren't active on the site or aren't doing CF any more.

Might not be the popular stance, but I'm with you on that. If people are looking for more friends, try adding or talking to someone. We're nice and friendly, heck we'll even often try to engage with people. Just effort isn't limited to just one side.
  • momof2osaurus
    Options

Yeah, that wouldn't make me feel terribly welcome if I were new. Just saying. It's hard when you show up to a new group of people - not everyone IS friendly or DOES want requests.