Best Beer for Cal/Alc Ratio?

Options
sheets31
sheets31 Posts: 1 Member
Hello Everyone!

I have found omitting alcohol from my diet is not really an option. In your opinion, what is the best Cal/Alc ratio drinks?

I've found that I when I drink 3 Bud Light Platinums in an hour, I'm pretty drunk. 137 cals/beer, 4 carbs per beer, 6% alc... is there anything better?

Replies

• slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    It sounds like your tolerance is pretty low. Keep it that way, and you won't have to worry as much about calories!

I usually pregame with a couple shots and stick to one drink with hard alcohol when I'm out.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    Guinness is the best taste/calories/alcohol ratio for m.e
  • ktbeejay
    ktbeejay Posts: 1
    Options
    Bud Light Platinum has a higher alcohol content than most light beers, but is also higher in calories. If you are looking for a quick buzz, then have that. I like to spread my calories throughout the night, so I stick to a vodka-lime-water or Miller Lite.
  • xynyth
    xynyth Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I think any beer or cider will be better calorie wise than mixed drinks. That said, I usually manage to budget myself a decent deficit enough for a good night out :)
  • SoonerVet
    SoonerVet Posts: 65
    Options
    If you are like me and just like to drink beer for fun, like while casually watching sports or (ahem) for beer pong, I love my Miller 64s. However, any beer connoisseur would hate me for even suggesting it.
  • kassiebby1124
    kassiebby1124 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    I like Michelob Raspberry-pomegranate. It's 95 calories with 5.5 carbs and 4% alcohol. it's light, but tasty.
  • BiancaMarie819
    BiancaMarie819 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I haven't been drinking much since I am home for the summer. But I know once I get back this is going to be a problem, as I have a high tolerance, and love going out and having fun....not that you need alcohol for fun lol
  • turtledrummer23
    Options
    The other thing that I did besides just trying to find a low-cal version of my favorite drinks was to cut to one "drinking" night a week, meaning more than one or two beers, playing pong or other games, etc...., and on the morning of that one night, I would get up, eat breakfast then go work out for longer than any other day. At the time I was training for my first half marathon and so I would end up lifting for an hour or so, then running for an hour and half. Then that afternoon my roommate and I would go play raquetball or basketball or something. In the end I would end up with the ability to eat 4000 calories in a day and still potentially maintain my weightloss, allowing me to drink what I wanted. Then if I ended up going over because of a late night snack or something, I would simply plug that into my next days calorie intake as it usually occured around 1 or 2 am anyway. Long story short, by adopting this pattern I could still have my nights out with my friends, and i lost around 30-45 lbs during a semester. Cheers!
  • _thirtytwo
    _thirtytwo Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    When I'm out I usually stick with a Gin & Tonic or a Skinny Vodka & Tonic, right around 80 calories per drink depending on the liquor.
  • jm70614
    jm70614 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    If you plan your mixed drinks ahead of time and make them yourself, they can be pretty low cal with plenty of alcohol. Rum and diet is obviously one option (100 cal or less). I also used to drink vodka and vitamin water in my undergrad days (my tastes have matured a bit since then lol). Lemon or lime juice is also a great option to add to any drink to give it some good flavor without a lot of extra cals. There are some really good carbonated waters with natural flavors and zero cals that make decent mixers as well. Best advice I have for mixed drinks is to buy unflavored liquor and then mix it with something zero cal and add something extra for flavor, such as fizzy water with lime (zero cal) a clear vodka (Svedka is my recommendation based on price and flavor) and a dash of cranberry juice for taste. Yum yum!

Also meal replacement shakes are great for preventing/treating hangovers without a lot of cals. At the end of a night of drinking, half a shake (I prefer Wal Mart brand--cheap and pretty much exactly the same as Slim Fast) is 100 cal and then the other half right away in the morning to perk you back up.
  • Soccerjen2927
    Soccerjen2927 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I found this awesome sight, that measures alcohol content versus calories!
    Check it out!

http://getdrunknotfat.com/