Mobility

Options
ksellen1
ksellen1 Posts: 115 Member
Okay fellow CF'ers, lets hear some tips! I've been CF'ing for about a year now (lazily until about 3 months ago). I'll spare all the details but I was in a box where I didn't get corrections and learned how to lift with poor form and always adding weight. 3 months ago I moved to a new box with an amazing coach where I got a big 'ol slap in the face with how poor my form is. I'm okay with that because I'm getting the corrections I need now.

My focus for the last few months since the move is to dial in my eating and actually get my butt in the box to WOD. Now that I'm a little more comfortable with those two things I'm starting to realize that I am desperately needing to add some mobility work to help me get my form down.

So....where did ya'll start with getting mobility information without getting overwhelmed? My coach is awesome and answers questions when she can but we don't have mobility WODs at my box.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• georgie304
    georgie304 Posts: 143
    Options
    My coach. He is very very big on mobility. He coaches through everything.

Love CF, love my coach!

Type 1 Crossfit rocks!
  • SnicciFit
    SnicciFit Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    In to see responses!
  • booyainyoface
    booyainyoface Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    mobilitywod.com

amazing.

buy the book too, it is a great resource.
  • ksellen1
    Options
    I've been thinking about buying the book. Would it be helpful for newbies like me?
  • momof2osaurus
    momof2osaurus Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    My coaches include mobility in every class. I think they're also looking at adding specific mobility classes, which is awesome.
  • booyainyoface
    booyainyoface Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    heck yes. it is easy to understand and covers literally everything. you can get it on amazon for cheaper- its awesome :) the website is a good starter place though
  • ksellen1
    Options
    I've been checking the website out and saw a couple videos that really gave me something to thing about on my squats. The ones I really wanted to look at were for members only. Boo.

Buying the book today!
  • jlcuster
    jlcuster Posts: 22
    Options
    mobilitywod.com

amazing.

buy the book too, it is a great resource.

Yes, the website is quite good. There's a section of free videos that cover a ton of information. If nothing else, just look and what's available and watch of couple of videos.
  • wswilliams67
    wswilliams67 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    mobilitywod.com

^^^ THIS ALL DAY, EVERY DAY ^^^

A lot of the videos are on YouTube as well. Has really helped with my tight right shoulder on my front rack positions. Simple stretched too!
  • SnicciFit
    SnicciFit Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    mobilitywod.com

Checked the website out today. Watched a few of the vids and plan to put what I learned to use tomorrow :)