What are your goals for August?

Options
AnneTanne0
AnneTanne0 Posts: 71 Member
Last Sunday of July... time to look forward to the next month...

We go on vacation to Croatia for 10 days... So for me it's easy to pick a goal: I will not gain weight in August, and I will run 3 times a week at home, and at least 2 times in Croatia...

And you ladies? What are your goals?

Replies

• OhLeita
    OhLeita Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    That's a very good question. Now I have to decide what it'll be!
  • mustang6411
    mustang6411 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Well lets see, 1. Get a full time job, 2. Get through my class that just started, 3. Say on track with Calories even when I am stressed. I probably could think of more, but that's enough to get started.
  • amich503
    amich503 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My goal for August is to really keep it going and be 10 pounds lighter by September 1st. I am working out every day and trying to stay within the calorie goal and battling the dreaded hormones (would appreciate any tips if you can relate!). No more vacations this month so I feel like I can truly commit to the diet and exercise. I teach 4th grade and would really like to use the rest of my summer to accomplish this goal!
  • AmyMgetsfit
    AmyMgetsfit Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I would like to lose at least 2lbs for August, hopefully 3.
    I am going to tackle this steep, long hill on my bike. I usually walk up it part way.
    Work harder on the weights to help tone up more.
  • simonsaysso
    simonsaysso Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I have two goals:
    1 - I am hoping to run at least 5 days a week at least 30 minutes at a time.
    2 - It would be great to lose 7 pounds this month to get to my first mini goal.

:smile:
  • padisneyfour
    padisneyfour Posts: 220
    Options
    my goals are:
    1. start running more little by little
    2. would like to lose at least 5 pounds shooting for 10 pounds.....going give it a try!:bigsmile:
    3. be consistent ....month will have lots of changes. Both girls will be leaving for school.(:frown: mom is not ready for this yet...)
  • ruthlesswr
    ruthlesswr Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Good question! My goals are to stick with my program and stay at or a little beneath my calorie limit while slowly increasing the amount of exercise I do. As for non-MFP goals, I plan to get my youngest daughter settled in to a new city for her first post-college job (woo hoo!), and possibly also help my oldest daughter move to a new job as well (that one is a maybe).
    And on a side note, Anne Croatia is someplace I've been wanting to visit - have you been before?
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    just want to make through the month
  • casmithis
    casmithis Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    We have 2 kids starting first year university in September. So with tuition, residence fees and laptops and printers to buy we had to cut back. Guess what went??? My gym membership unfortunately. So my goal is to get up same time every day (I ususally did a 6 a.m. boot camp class) and do my own thing. I think I need to add in there not to snack at the snack table at work just to be on the safe side.

Have a great week everyone.

Cindy
  • ruthlesswr
    ruthlesswr Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Oh Cindy, I feel for you. We finally have both our girls OUT of university and the gym membership is one of the things I had to let go, too. I'm currently recovering from a broken ankle so I don't know that a gym membership would be all that helpful to me anyway, but I am trying to something on my own to get at least a little exercise going. Want to add me as a friend? Then we can encourage each other on the exercise front...
    Ruth
  • AnneTanne0
    AnneTanne0 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing...
    @Ruth, no, this will be our first stay in Croatia... Since we only have 10 days, we want be able to see 'everything', and will probably plan to go back one day. But on the other hand: there are still so many countries we want to visit...
  • casmithis
    Options
    Thank you for sharing...
    @Ruth, no, this will be our first stay in Croatia... Since we only have 10 days, we want be able to see 'everything', and will probably plan to go back one day. But on the other hand: there are still so many countries we want to visit...

Hi Anne

We just went on a cruise and the first stop was Debrovnik. Loved it. We actually wished we had more time to spend there. It may be a country we revisit. Have fun!!

Cindy
  • L1giff
    L1giff Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Goals for August...
    1. lose 6 more pounds to match my short-term goal;
    2. stay positive and focused on making healthy eating and exercise a HABIT;
    3. get organized for the new school year (I'm a teacher);
    4. have fun and laugh a lot! :laugh:
  • casmithis
    Options
    HELP!!! The skittles are screaming out to me!!! Good thing I brought some almods with me. Ugh!! Why do people bring in such junk!!
  • MsCarlalalala
    Options
    I'm meeting 5 online girl friends in Las Vegas in a week. We have been friends for almost 6 years, but have never met. They are flying in from all over the country. My goal is to try and have a great time without too much sacrifice and not gain any weight. After that I will be starting back to work after summer off and back to school. I need to stay focused and not let the stress of having it all happen at one time get to me.

Have a great time in Croatia!
  • sammycat1
    sammycat1 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    My goals are:

To try and keep off the weight I lost in July whilst on holiday in America.
    Start painting again
    Get my garden back under control
    Keep up with my exercise routine

Can't believe how fast the summer has gone :(
  • nmiller0813
    nmiller0813 Posts: 109
    Options
    UGH.. a lot of changes in my life, these past couple of months, and emotional eating has been something I am struggling with. So, my goal for August (my birthday month), is to get a handle on all of this and just to make sure that I don't GAIN any weight. :ohwell:
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm......this is a very good question!

This will be the first August in 30+ years that I will not be preparing my brain, body, and classroom to go back to school to greet 8th graders! (I am so thankful not to have to set the alarm clock!)

My goals are few...

1. Continue to eat to live...fruits, veggies, seeds, and nuts with limited processed foods.
    2. Continue to exercise 5-6 days a week and strive for 45-60 minutes each workout.
    3. Be grateful for a pound a week. (There are about 20 weeks until Christmas; I could be 20 pounds lighter.)
    4. Find a good page-turning novel that keeps me reading late into the night; I've not had one of those in ages!
  • westarnld
    westarnld Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    1. Stay within my daily calorie allotment (notice I did not call it a limit:)
    2. Cardio at least 5 x week for 45 minutes at a minimum

I'd like to say I'd loose a cetain amount-but I seem to be loosing soooo slowly. I'll be satisfied with 1 pound a week for August.
  • clark114
    clark114 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    My August goals are:

1: Sticking to 1200 calories 6 out of the 7 days a week
    2. Losing 10 lbs.
    3. Exercising, in some form, every day of the month
    4. Completing the ab crunch 30 day challenge