Women - what do you wear??

Options
momof2osaurus
momof2osaurus Posts: 477 Member
To WOD, that is!

Me: spandex workout pants, spandex tank and something looser over the top, either a tank top or a t-shirt. The super awesome fit women at my box all wear tiiiiiny spandex shorts.

Replies

• fakeittomakeit
    fakeittomakeit Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I would love to wear tiny spandex shorts, but if I did I would probably be arrested (deservedly so). I wear exactly what you wear, except I wear my husband's t-shirts to cover my *ss. : )
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Loose running shorts or capri tights depending on the WOD (I check the night before). And a tank top, I can't do t-shirt. I don't do the tight shorts, my legs are my biggest problem area.
    I've also learned to pack a pair of knee socks in my gym back just in case. Learned that the hard way on rope climbs.
  • momof2osaurus
    Options
    Loose running shorts or capri tights depending on the WOD (I check the night before). And a tank top, I can't do t-shirt. I don't do the tight shorts, my legs are my biggest problem area.
    I've also learned to pack a pair of knee socks in my gym back just in case. Learned that the hard way on rope climbs.

Lol, my poor legs are all beat to hell. Every time I bump the bar into my shins, I end up with a new bruise (and never mind the hickey-looking bruise on my chest from cleans). I haven't even tried a rope climb yet!
  • 3dogsrunning
    Options

Lol, my poor legs are all beat to hell. Every time I bump the bar into my shins, I end up with a new bruise (and never mind the hickey-looking bruise on my chest from cleans). I haven't even tried a rope climb yet!

I'm going to start wearing them for deadlifts too.
  • PaleoChocolateBear
    PaleoChocolateBear Posts: 2,844 Member
    Options
    I'm going to lie sometimes I feel awkward when girls where the tiny spandex shorts and are doing toes 2 bars across from me.
  • Iri_2
    Iri_2 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I wear capris thights and a t-shirt. I've been thinking about buying tiny shorts because with these temperatures the capris are way too hot.
  • momof2osaurus
    Options
    I'm going to lie sometimes I feel awkward when girls where the tiny spandex shorts and are doing toes 2 bars across from me.

:laugh:
  • alysa521
    alysa521 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Guilty member of the tiny short club here, at least in the summer. I wear the Nike pro combat or lululemon speed shorts and usually a lulu tank or some type of racerback tank. I was a lululemon addict before I started crossfit 1.5 yrs ago and it's only gotten worse. In the winter I usually wear lulu capri tights or long tights and a tank. I feel liked I've worked my butt off being mainly paleo (plus some dairy) and crossfit so I like being able to wear these outfits and show off my hard work.
  • 3dogsrunning
    Options
    Guilty member of the tiny short club here, at least in the summer. I wear the Nike pro combat or lululemon speed shorts and usually a lulu tank or some type of racerback tank. I was a lululemon addict before I started crossfit 1.5 yrs ago and it's only gotten worse. In the winter I usually wear lulu capri tights or long tights and a tank. I feel liked I've worked my butt off being mainly paleo (plus some dairy) and crossfit so I like being able to wear these outfits and show off my hard work.

Hello my name is 3DR and I am a lululemon addict. I would love to wear the tight shorts I'm just not "there" yet.
  • momof2osaurus
    Options

Good for you! There's no way I can wear the tiny shorts, but I have nothing but admiration for the women who can!
  • Mrs_Duh
    Mrs_Duh Posts: 263
    Options
    I usually wear capris of some type and a tank or t-shirt, depending on how hot it is outside.
  • marci2lip
    marci2lip Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    <
    these are my favorite shorts. Got them at Target before my mud run and they've been my go-to shorts ever since. It helps that they were less than $15. I also wear my Nike running capris on cooler days. For tops, I wear some sort of wicking shirt. I have a few tanks that I bought for running and then will mix it up w/short-sleeved Nike cool-max shirts or CrossFit shirts that I got from my old box.

I used to wear looser fitting yoga pants (the ones in the photo on the left specifically), but they're big on me now and are just too darn warm to wear.
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    Bump for ideas :)
  • cmay89
    cmay89 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    A pair of mid thigh compression shorts, since I don't like picking spandex out from the middle of my crotch or my butt mid-WOD. Sports bra, tank top - though in the summer, tank top gets thrown to the side after about oh, the first round or three minutes give or take, whichever comes first. It gets damn hot here, and even though I'm not the most confident about my stomach, I've stopped caring about what thoughts might be going through others heads. I'm there to work out and to do the best job possible, not to judge other members, they should be too lol.
  • happyheathen927
    happyheathen927 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    A pair of mid thigh compression shorts, since I don't like picking spandex out from the middle of my crotch or my butt mid-WOD. Sports bra, tank top - though in the summer, tank top gets thrown to the side after about oh, the first round or three minutes give or take, whichever comes first. It gets damn hot here, and even though I'm not the most confident about my stomach, I've stopped caring about what thoughts might be going through others heads. I'm there to work out and to do the best job possible, not to judge other members, they should be too lol.

This, except my shirt stays on. :)

90's+ are normal summer temps here and our "box" is literally in a garage. There's a box fan, but I'm pretty sure it hits 110+ in there, easy, by the time I'm WOD'ing (4:30PM). I'm self-conscious in my shorts, but there's just no freaking way I could work out in anything else.