Team B Loft!

Options

Replies

• adancer59
    adancer59 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I just posted results for weeks 10 and 11! You can check them out on our discussion board. In case you don't have time for that, here are some of the current overall standings!! :)

% Lost by Team (without advantages)
    1) Team A 5.07%
    2) Team B 4.61%

% of Weight Lost Overall (without advantages)
    1) annebaum41912 11.98%
    2) channy70 11.02%
    3) yoyotired 9.41%
    4) mjharman 7.82%
    5) 2muchchocncrisps 7.78%

Results of our month-long walking, running, biking, and swimming challenge: These people completed the farthest distance in each of the four categories!

BadAtitude - Walked 102.76 miles!
    mjharman - Ran 30.7 miles!
    Ljsiegel - Biked 236 miles!
    Sandi117 - Swam 3000 meters!

Congratulations to the people that have lost at least 15 pounds so far!
    29.6 pounds - annebaum41912
    20.6 pounds - channy70
    17.1 pounds - mjharman
    16 pounds - yoyotired
    15 pounds - cgphelps b
  • pjgreen0830
    pjgreen0830 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    1. 4/7 days of exercise = 1 lbs advantage 5/7
    2. Person that does the most squats, push-ups, crunches = 1 lbs advantage
    Squats 100 + 100 + 150 + 150 +80
    Push-Ups 102 + 100 + 20 + 40 + 60
    Crunches 111 + 100 + 30 + 60 + 60
    3. Try something new = 1 lbs advantage I'll have to figure out something else that I can do with my sore leg. I tried to do different exercises on a stability ball tonight but couldn't do much because of my leg.
    4. 5/7 days with breakfast = 1 lbs advantage for success, 1 lbs advantage for photo - 4/7 I managed to load pictures of two breakfasts that I eat every week.
  • pjgreen0830
    Options
    1. 4/7 days of exercise = 1 lbs advantage 6/7
    Squats 100 + 100 + 150 + 150 +80 + 80 = 660
    Push-Ups 102 + 100 + 20 + 40 + 60 = 322
    Crunches 111 + 100 + 30 + 60 + 60 + 100 = 461
    3. Try something new = 1 lbs advantage - I was dancing last night for at least 2 hours. While dancing isn't something new for me, I don't do it very often. I don't mean the Zumba kind of dancing. I was dancing with hubby, both fast and slow.
    4. 5/7 days with breakfast = 1 lbs advantage for success, 1 lbs advantage for photo - 6/7 I managed to load pictures of two breakfasts that I eat every week.

I weigh in at the office on Monday mornings, so I'll input my weight tomorrow evening.
  • 2muchchocncrisps
    2muchchocncrisps Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Sorry, been absent from this loft for a while so I thought I would post. Hope you are all ok?
    Have been a bit lacking in enthusiasm lately as I seem to be surrounded by temptation, skinny people and my lack of willpower.
    Don't misunderstand - this site/challenges/support is brilliant, it's just me.
    I still need to lose more weight but don't seem to make the effort to get there.
    Now having re read that , it sounds stupid!! Doh! Must be the heat!

Anyway After that realisation I shall go and avoid the kitchen and temptation, and burn some calories tidying up etc prior to the weigh in tomorrow.....

Good luck everyone!
  • pjgreen0830
    Options
    While I have worked out really hard this week, I have also eaten a lot. I gained again. I need to get my head right.
  • adancer59
    Options
    Hello again ladies! So sorry for posting our challenge for this week a day late! Since it is late (and because I'm running out of ideas) I made this week's challenge very personalized. You will be setting personal food and exercise goals along with our usual exercise goal and our month long challenge. I love running this for all of you as it keeps me very motivated, but I'd really love to get some challenge ideas from you all! Please post in the following thread to let me know what ideas you have: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/996673-challenge-ideas

Thanks!!!

Exercise Challenges
    1. Exercise 4 out of 7 days this week for at least 30 minutes. The exercise can be either cardio or strength training. It can be at a gym, at home, outside, or anywhere else you'd like. Squeeze it in during your lunch break at work or while your kids are at their extracurricular activities. Whenever it is and whatever it is, make sure it happens at least 4 times this week :)

1 lbs advantage for everyone who succeeds

2. Week 3 of the month long challenge! Do as many squats, crunches, and push-ups as you can each week. Make sure to keep track of how many you accomplish! At the end of the week, the person with the most in each category will get an advantage pound. At the end of the month, the people who've gone the farthest in each category will get an extra advantage pound.

1 lbs advantage for the best performer in each category

3. Set a personal exercise goal for yourself. Make it attainable, but don't make it too easy. Remember that you are supposed to challenge yourself!

Food Challenge
    4. Set a personal food goal for yourself. Make it attainable, but don't make it too easy. Remember that you are supposed to challenge yourself!

In Summary:
    1. 4/7 days of exercise = 1 lbs advantage
    3. Personal exercise goal = 1 lbs advantage
    4. Personal food goal = 1 lbs advantage
  • adancer59
    Options
    Thank you, everyone, for your commitment to this challenge! I don't know about you all, but I have really been slacking lately. I need to kick it back into high gear because I am so close to losing 10% of my body weight!!! Also, our teams are extremely close in percentage of weight lost, and each week we switch back and forth between which team has lost more. I love the friendly competition! Anyway, here are the results thus far. Hopefully, we can all have great weeks this week!

Week 12 Biggest Loser - Without Advantages: channy70 --> 1.68%
    Week 12 Biggest Loser - With Advantages: annebaum41912 --> 3.04%

Overall Biggest Loser - Without Advantages: annebaum41912 --> 13.44%
    Overall Biggest Loser - With Advantages: BadAtitude --> 36.18%

% Lost by Team
    1) Team B 5.26%
    2) Team A 5.13%

People who have earned at least 35 advantage pounds so far!
    47 pounds - BadAtitude
    41 pounds - sandi117
    36 pounds - adancer59 & Ljsiegel & Maalea

People that have lost at least 15 pounds so far!
    33.2 pounds - annebaum41912
    23.4 pounds - channy70
    17.3 pounds - mjharman
    17 pounds - cgphelps
    16 pounds - yoyotired
  • pjgreen0830
    Options
    1. 4/7 days of exercise = 1 lbs advantage - 3/7
    Squats 80 + 80
    Push-Ups 10+
    Crunches 60 +
    3. Personal exercise goal = 1 lbs advantage - Do at least 20 actual jumping jacks this week. I'm just starting to be able to do real jumping jacks and with my leg acting up, 20 is a lot.
    4. Personal food goal = 1 lbs advantage - My challenge is to be under calories 4/7 since I rarely make it
  • pjgreen0830
    Options
    Am I alone in here? Just wondering.
  • 2muchchocncrisps
    Options
    You are not alone!
    Been a busy week and with the unusually hot weather my exercise has been reduced to walking the dog early in the morning or late evening. Bad foot has hindered squats and push ups but I should be doing the crunches - naughty me!

How's everybody else doing?
  • pjgreen0830
    Options
    1. 4/7 days of exercise = 1 lbs advantage - 6/7
    Squats 80 + 80 Total for week 380 makes running total 1040
    Push-Ups 10+ Total for week 20 making running total 342
    Crunches 60 + Total for week 170 making running total 531
    3. Personal exercise goal = 1 lbs advantage - Do at least 20 actual jumping jacks this week. I'm just starting to be able to do real jumping jacks and with my leg acting up, 20 is a lot. I managed 20 but it took 4 different days to do it. Between my COPD and my leg, it is VERY difficult to do 5 straight, let alone 20
    4. Personal food goal = 1 lbs advantage - My challenge is to be under calories 4/7 since I rarely make it. I made 4/7, barely. One day I actually had to add exercise in order to cover my food. I really need better portion control.

I've logged all of this except my weight. I'll do it tonight as I weigh every Monday at the office so that I am using the same scale every time,
  • adancer59
    Options
    Hello again ladies! Thank you for your dedication to the challenge! Please post in this discussion thread to let me know what challenge ideas you have: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/996673-challenge-ideas

Challenges this week!!

1. Exercise at least 4 of 7 days = 1 lbs advantage
    2. Do as many squats, push-ups, crunches as possible = 1 lbs advantage
    3. Eat 5 colors of food at least 5 of 7 days = 1 lbs advantage
    4. Get at least 7 hours of sleep every day this week = 1 lbs advantage

Good luck this week ladies!
  • 2muchchocncrisps
    Options
    Ok just looked at this weeks challenge with more serious intentions!!
    Challenges 1 and 3 should be no problem as getting in the evening walks and living on salads during this heat wave.
    Challenge 4 could prove difficult for the same reason - the heat! Have been getting to sleep later when it cools a bit and waking at 6. Perhaps I could count the hour I seem to fall asleep during the afternoon as the challenge does not stipulate the time, just sleep every day?
    Again I have been failing with the crunches etc but will have another go.
  • BadAtitude
    BadAtitude Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    We too are in the middle of a heat wave so sleep has been very difficult, even with air conditioner on full and fans throughout the house. Last night I slept on the living room floor (in my underwear) since the hardwood felt cool on the skin. I definitely feel sleep deprived in the heat! :yawn:

I can't count the crunches as I am doing the Jillian Micheals Body Revolution DVD's and you do lots...all types...as fast as you can (side crunches, bicycle crunches, reverse crunches etc...) and that's all in one series. How am I supposed to count them when I'm just concentrating on completing the damn things without dying??

I too am eating a lot of salad these days - cooking in the heat seems barbaric. Just discovered I LOVE Greek Salads...who knew.:heart::laugh:

Good luck everyone!

Don't forget to post your weigh-in and challenge results - every advantage helps. :drinker:
  • pjgreen0830
    Options
    1. Exercise at least 4 of 7 days = 1 lbs advantage 1 of 7 already and headed for the gym for the second time today, shortly
    2. Do as many squats, push-ups, crunches as possible = 1 lbs advantage
    3. Eat 5 colors of food at least 5 of 7 days = 1 lbs advantage This should be very easy for me. I eat either breakfast burrito or scrambled egg whites every morning. I have pico on both which has red, green, and white in it. I have a pickle (green), ham (brown), cheese (white), grapes (white) and some other type of fruit every day. This week I'm having reddish nectarines and purple plums later.
    4. Get at least 7 hours of sleep every day this week = 1 lbs advantage Got 8 1/2 hrs last night.
  • 2muchchocncrisps
    Options
    So, it's far too early in the morning and I'm wide awake with stomach churning following a large curry with friends last night! I haven't eaten that big a meal -and enjoyed it - for a long time, but I now regret it! My guests were vegetarians so it was quorn based but with the coconut milk, not a low calorie version and yes, I could of had a smaller portion but I didn't,

Reflecting on the journey so far I wonder how I ignored the obvious signs that brought me eventually to MFP. My wardrobe had become restricted to shapeless elasticated waists and baggy tops in increasing sizes and in dark colours or black. I hated shopping and despite outwardly appearing confident, inside I was hiding and disgusted that I had got this way. I'm not sure when I started to overeat but I've never been thin and I used the excuse I was big boned to justify my size.

Now my wardrobe is fitted, relatively fashionable and dare I say colourful. I've still a way to go but I'm getting there!

I've never thought of myself as competitive but having to log in everyday and weigh every week, makes me accountable. Later today I will do the long walk and I shall eat sensibly - I got my guests to take the leftovers so no temptations remain!
  • pjgreen0830
    Options
    Good for you. You had a plan and stuck to it.

1. Exercise at least 4 of 7 days = 1 lbs advantage - 5 of 7 days at the gym and 1 more day walking with hubby at the zoo
    2. Do as many squats, push-ups, crunches as possible = 1 lbs advantage - Squats =1540 Pushups=427 Crunches=706
    3. Eat 5 colors of food at least 5 of 7 days = 1 lbs advantage This should be very easy for me. I eat either breakfast burrito or scrambled egg whites every morning. I have pico on both which has red, green, and white in it. I have a pickle (green), ham (brown), cheese (white), grapes (white) and some other type of fruit every day. This week I'm having reddish nectarines and purple plums later.
    4. Get at least 7 hours of sleep every day this week = 1 lbs advantage According to my fitbit, I was in bed every night for at least 7 hours, though I don't log good sleep.
  • BadAtitude
    BadAtitude Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    WOW that would be a hard temptation to avoid. Food and Friends are definitely my downfall, especially when the wine starts flowing :happy: good job on sending the left overs away, that shows a real commitment and will power!

I'm feeling really bored with my DVD's this week so I didn't do any *gasp* but I still ran, walked, hiked and even went dancing so I think I am okay. I didn't do any sit ups, crunches or push-ups so there goes my advantage pounds :angry: I will definitely be in the bottom category this week. *sigh*

I don't see the week 14 on the spreadsheet am I just missing it??
  • adancer59
    Options
    I know that activity on the teams' discussion boards has dropped significantly since the beginning of the challenge and that not as many people are participating anymore. However, I think that for those of us that are, this has been very motivating. I know I've been a bit absent lately, but I want to thank those of you still here for making me want to get motivated again. This group gives me a reason to keep going, even though I've been stalled for quite some time. Thanks!

I will post new challenges and results super soon!
  • adancer59
    Options
    Below are the challenges for this week! I'm really starting to struggle with ideas for challenges, so if you can think of anything, please post your ideas in the following thread: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/996673-challenge-ideas

1. Exercise at least 4 of 7 days = 1 lbs advantage
    2. Walk or run at least 7 miles this week = 1 lbs advantage
    3. Complete at least 70 burpees this week = 1 lbs advantage
    4. Plank hold for at least 7 minutes this week = 1 lbs advantage
    5. Post on the discussion board at least 5 times this week = 1 lbs advantage

There are only 5 more weigh-ins left!!! The challenges this week should really help us improve both strength and endurance while also strengthening our bonds with each other. They will also help us improve the skills in our fitness test!

Good luck this week ladies!