Breakfast Idea's

Options
So I can't bring myself to eat eggs right now. I've been eating them so often that the thought of eating another one is making me sick. But I have no idea what to do for breakfast now. I have to go grocery shopping Wednesday so maybe I can get a few more ideas.

Replies

• EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    So I can't bring myself to eat eggs right now. I've been eating them so often that the thought of eating another one is making me sick.

all-thumbs-up.jpg

I am with you!

I ran out yesterday morning, and just couldn't bring myself to buy more at Costco later in the day. I tried, but after 60 days of eggs for breakfast, the thought of purchasing another three dozen made me queasy...

I am going to stick with sausage, peppers, cheese, with a side of strawberries for a few days, methinks. Just NO EGGS!
  • meowmisu
    meowmisu Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Right there with you! I made almond meal pancakes the other day and served them with a little bit of sugar free maple syrup. Delicious! Made a big batch of them so I could freeze some for quick weekday breakfasts. Just pop em in the micro for a minute and eat. They are kind of calorie dense, but super low carb and very filling. They keep me full way longer than traditional pancakes. My 2 year old loves them too. I'll post the recipe later on when im home from work.
  • Megs081211
    Megs081211 Posts: 150
    Options
    hat would be awesome. I'd be forever grateful
  • Megs081211
    Options
    So I can't bring myself to eat eggs right now. I've been eating them so often that the thought of eating another one is making me sick.

all-thumbs-up.jpg

I am with you!

I ran out yesterday morning, and just couldn't bring myself to buy more at Costco later in the day. I tried, but after 60 days of eggs for breakfast, the thought of purchasing another three dozen made me queasy...

I am going to stick with sausage, peppers, cheese, with a side of strawberries for a few days, methinks. Just NO EGGS!

Sounds delicious
  • bigred01
    bigred01 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I agree about the pancakes. I have had them myself. I also will make me a piece of toast on sara lee 45 and delightful (7 carbs) and top it with peanut butter sometimes. It is not super low carb, but still doable. I have a recipe that I am going to try for a big chocolate muffin...I will tell you how it turns out.
  • meowmisu
    Options
    This is the recipe I used http://athlete.io/6043/ultra-low-carb-almond-flour-pancakes/

It made 6 small pancakes- I plugged it into the recipe builder and for 2 pancakes it is 353 calories, 9 grams of carbs- 4 fiber- 31 fat -13 fiber. They are way more filling than a regular pancake (better be for that calorie load!) but I think its awesome that my kid will eat them being that they are so nutrient dense.
  • Megs081211
    Options
    This is the recipe I used http://athlete.io/6043/ultra-low-carb-almond-flour-pancakes/

It made 6 small pancakes- I plugged it into the recipe builder and for 2 pancakes it is 353 calories, 9 grams of carbs- 4 fiber- 31 fat -13 fiber. They are way more filling than a regular pancake (better be for that calorie load!) but I think its awesome that my kid will eat them being that they are so nutrient dense.

If you've ever looked at my diary I have a really hard time hitting my calorie goals so I think that be better. Where do you find almond flour?
  • Peachy1962
    Peachy1962 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I buy the Nature's Own Double fiber bread that has 5 grams of fiber each slice and only 50 cals with a peanut butter and sugar free jam on top!! is not too bad in carbs! the more fiber I get the better I feel!!

Greek yogurt I have yet to try but some cream cheese with the sugar free jam would be tasty!!

Oh Hell I've gone and made myself hungry NOW!!! :bigsmile:
  • meowmisu
    Options
    Perfect- these will help get some calories in you. Almost every supermarket sells almond flour now, Check the organic aisle- the brand I got is Red Mill. I thought i would have trouble finding it, but found it right away. Its a bit pricey though.