Weights

Options
kzeug
kzeug Posts: 21 Member
What how many pounds in weights is everyone using?

Replies

• l_clc
    l_clc Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I am using 5lbs weights to start...don't think it'll become too easy for me (I'm weak) lol...I'd say until it isn't challenging you, then use the weights that fatigue your muscles after the first 12-15 reps.
  • superjean1
    superjean1 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I use 5 or 8's depending on the day... I find 5's not challenging enough for some things (squat and press, lunge and bicep), but 8's are too hard. I cannot (workout 1 - side lunge and lifting arms straight out in front and squat/fly). I guess that tells me where my weaknesses are???
  • meaglesjb
    meaglesjb Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling extremely weak reading this. I've been using 2's and 4's. Generally, use 4s the first time through the circuit and 2s the second time. I also found that last circuit in week one too hard to ever get to the 4s - In addition to the challenge of the exercises themselves, I think the muscles are just fatigued by this point.

Did workout 1 of week 2 on Saturday and only used the 2s - until I could assess how I did. Found the workout very challenging and actually set down the weights entirely for the last set.

I figure, once I get through 4 weeks, I can start over with 6s & 4s and it'll be a whole new challenge
  • kzeug
    kzeug Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I use 5's. For any of the tricep moves I have to use 3 lb. My very first week I used 3's and realized it was too easy. Five's are good right now and I'm looking forward to moving up to 8's!
  • NoxDineen
    NoxDineen Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    5, 8 and 10 lb. I use a 35 lb sandbag for the deadlift rows and a 15 lb kettlebell for the squat-swings (I'm just doing week 1 currently).

On the front shoulder raise even the 5s make me miserable on the second round. Yowza!