month 1 ?

Options
lisamfick
lisamfick Posts: 257 Member
I am finishing my first month of CLX/TF hybrid and I have to say that this month has been disheartening, at least on the scale. I have been having 10 pound losses per month with the TF so having a month where I only lost 4 pounds and seem to be struggling to keep that off has got me in a bit of a funk. This morning i did my measurements and they were good!!! I lost 2 inches of pure baby fat off my belly so I know that there are results happening which keeps me motivated. I've been using Janelle Johnsons schedule but I may swap to the TBB one for month 2&3 cause I don't feel like I'm doing enough.

What was everyone else's experiences with starting CLX? Has anyone done a hybrid of CLX/TF and what schedule did you use? Is there one you prefer?

TIA!

Replies

• StephieWillcox
    StephieWillcox Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Month 1 I didn't lose any weight, initially put on 2lbs of water retention weight, and then lost it in the final 2 weeks of Burn.

This month I am back to my usual 1 - 1.5lbs loss each week, so I just needed time to get used to lifting heavy, and the water retention that it brings.

Your scale losses will be less with CLX added in to TF as you will be losing far less muscle while incorporating heavy lifting into your schedule - and quite frankly no one knows that number apart from you - the inches are what you want to be losing!!

My hybrid schedule is as follows:

Monday: CLX Circuit 1 + HIIT (Week 1 of a month this is HIIT15, Week 2 HIIT20, Week 3 HIIT25, Week 4 HIIT30)
    Tuesday: Fire 45 or Fire 45 EZ (Alternating) + Abs 10 + Stretch 10 (if I feel like it)
    Wednesday CLX Circuit 2 + HIIT (increasing as above)
    Thursday: Fire 30 + Core 20
    Friday: CLX Circuit 3 + HIIT (increasing as above)
    Saturday: Fire 55 EZ or Fire 60 (Alternating)
    Sunday: Rest

So this week I am in Push Week 4 so my schedule is:

Monday: CLX Push Circuit 1 + HIIT 30
    Tuesday: Fire 45 EZ + Abs 10 + Stretch 10
    Wednesday CLX Push Circuit 2 + HIIT 30
    Thursday: Fire 30 + Core 20
    Friday: CLX Push Circuit 3 + HIIT 30
    Saturday: Fire 60
    Sunday: Rest

I made up my own schedule as I didn't like Janelle's placement of the CLX lifting circuits, plus I have around 50 - 70 minutes each morning to workout before work and I wanted to try to fill that time as much as possible.

In my opinion any hybrid you make will be fine as long as:

1) You don't have back to back lifting days
    2) You don't have back to back HIIT days
    3) You do weights before cardio on any given day
  • lisamfick
    Options
    thank you! that helps alot!
  • iNkedFiTmama
    iNkedFiTmama Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I say when you're losing body fat, who cares about the scale! :) nice job OP. I lost 4lbs in month one but I am basically at goal and I only WI once a month now. I broke up with my scale when I plateaued and CLX has helped me with the most change I've seen in the past 6 months. I start the lean phase next week.
  • JediSwan
    JediSwan Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    I do hope you know you have done a great job and are continuing to do great just by pushing yourself forward.
    I am using TF/CLX doubles everyday and I only scheduled a rest day on Sundays but that doesn't always happen that way.
    I am feeling very discouraged and I'm on week 4. I am afraid to measure and weigh in on Sunday.
    I may have to cut to just TF for now since I'm not getting sleep.
  • lisamfick
    Options
    I do hope you know you have done a great job and are continuing to do great just by pushing yourself forward.
    I am using TF/CLX doubles everyday and I only scheduled a rest day on Sundays but that doesn't always happen that way.
    I am feeling very discouraged and I'm on week 4. I am afraid to measure and weigh in on Sunday.
    I may have to cut to just TF for now since I'm not getting sleep.

yeah, i found the doubles to be too much, especially when I scheudle them. i do end up doing a cardio of some sort on the weight days but in my head if it's a choice I seem to get it in better. i think we both started the same week, or real close. the scale hates me lately but i wouldn't doubt that the tape measure will be good to you too!!!
  • JediSwan
    JediSwan Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    I am actually considering just doing Turbo Fire and on rest days, doing Fire Starter to keep it going. I think CLX is great but right now, I just dont have the energy. I feel bad but oh well. Maybe I will get the urge to do that on other days when I have more energy.