confession thread

Options
chickybuns
chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
I think we did this a while back, but thought it might be fun. My confession is I secretly hope my milk will magically dry up so I can stop pumping and won't feel as bad about. In reality though, I probably would be sad if I didn't give him milk until a year. If I dried up right now he would probably get it until 9 months because of my freezer stash. It's just such a pain and I think it's causing me to hold onto some of my extra weight.

Replies

• Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I let Max watch tv!
  • DragonSquatter
    DragonSquatter Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    I force my husband to wear out my 6 month old so he'll sleep better by rolling around on the floor with him.
  • cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I vowed to myself I won't give my baby rice cereal cause its more of a filler than nutritional value but I give it to him a few times a week. Annnd he loves it. Lol
  • cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Ohh and I bought a baby bullet to make my own foods, but I still buy the jarred vegetables cause I'm to lazy to steam them . I know bad bad bad
  • chickybuns
    Options
    I let Max watch tv!

I do the same, especially when I need to pump or get something done...or sometimes just relax for a minute!
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    I agree with the milk drying up thing! On one hand BFing is easy because it's free and there's no clean-up, but pumping is a pain, and being the only one able to feed the baby is frustrating. However with my first baby I'd have given my left arm to EBF like I am this time! I guess the grass is always greener...
  • BeckyJill7
    BeckyJill7 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Ohh and I bought a baby bullet to make my own foods, but I still buy the jarred vegetables cause I'm to lazy to steam them . I know bad bad bad

It's not terrible! But I do the same. I make most of my own food for Cate but on vacation she got all jar food. They make these handy little pouches of organic food. I spoon fed the first half to her and then gave her the pouch and she gobbled it right up with help and barely any mess. This are great and I will definitely use them again in a pinch!
  • Jenny_Rose77
    Jenny_Rose77 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    My son is 7 months today and I have fed him a total of 5 solids. Why? Because breast-feeding is just easier. My husband (sort of) jokes that I'm going to be EBF until Gideon is 3. I'm not, but oh-my-god I need to get off my lazy butt and make my baby some food (he has rejected stuff in a jar).
  • mellynat
    mellynat Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I think we did this a while back, but thought it might be fun. My confession is I secretly hope my milk will magically dry up so I can stop pumping and won't feel as bad about. In reality though, I probably would be sad if I didn't give him milk until a year. If I dried up right now he would probably get it until 9 months because of my freezer stash. It's just such a pain and I think it's causing me to hold onto some of my extra weight.

haha I felt like that every single time when i pumped/breastfeed my kids. I strive for the 1 year mark w each kid. and the other 2 xs i wanted to give up at 4motnhs but didn't have luck w them taking formula so i had to just keep pumping.
  • laurab1217
    laurab1217 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of breastfeeding for as long as possible so I have an excuse to keep eating more......
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I am probably the worst mom out there. My confession is that I let my baby eat off my plate at meal times. She just looks so sad sitting there staring at me so I give her mashed potatoes and I have even let her taste a little ice cream ( I know no milk products). I am a lazy mom and feed my baby jarred baby food its just easier and a lot of them are just the veggie and water anyways.

I also let her play with the dog who is 65lbs she just loves attacking that poor animal and he is such a good sport and just sits there and takes it she is just fascinated with his paws.

I am sure there is more unfortunately I was unable to breastfeed both of my children (never produced enough milk no matter how much I pumped) I am just secretly excited for her to turn a year old so I can stop buying formula. That stuff is pricey.
  • chickybuns
    Options
    I HATE DH's beard and he won't shave it. I already have a low sex drive at the moment, but that really turns me off! He says women like guys with beards??? Well not me. It's just gross, looks like pubes. He's been growing it since October I think.
  • Jenny_Rose77
    Options
    I HATE DH's beard and he won't shave it. I already have a low sex drive at the moment, but that really turns me off! He says women like guys with beards??? Well not me. It's just gross, looks like pubes. He's been growing it since October I think.

Lol. Lol. Lol. My husband has a beard too. Although he has had it for the past 20 years. I like it. (It's funny, I had never dated a guy with a beard, but had a dream I would marry one...so bizarre...so when I first met him, I was like, hmmm...) But, anyway, I would really like to see what he looks like without one. No amount of my pleading with him will convince him to shave it.
  • Jenny_Rose77
    Options

I also let her play with the dog who is 65lbs she just loves attacking that poor animal and he is such a good sport and just sits there and takes it she is just fascinated with his paws.

I do the same with my dog, who also weighs 65 pounds. I also take him to the dog park and let all the dogs come up and lick his little fingers and toes. I am the only person I have ever seen at the dog park with a baby. Some of my mom friends with dogs have said, "Oh, I would never do that." Whatever. I think it is smart to let your baby play with dogs as long as you are supervising and aware of what seems to be going on with the dogs. I think bad things happen when children don't know how to relate to dogs.
  • graycalico
    graycalico Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I ate chocolate at 4:30 this morning when I was up breast feeding. And I'm not logging it.
  • RBXChas
    Options
    I am probably the worst mom out there. My confession is that I let my baby eat off my plate at meal times. She just looks so sad sitting there staring at me so I give her mashed potatoes and I have even let her taste a little ice cream ( I know no milk products). I am a lazy mom and feed my baby jarred baby food its just easier and a lot of them are just the veggie and water anyways.

I am sure there is more unfortunately I was unable to breastfeed both of my children (never produced enough milk no matter how much I pumped) I am just secretly excited for her to turn a year old so I can stop buying formula. That stuff is pricey.

You're so horrible! (Kidding!) I think all of that stuff is reasonable!

I had the same supply issue with my first, and I was so annoyed at finding sales and coupons for formula. We used Good Start, which is cheaper than the others, and there's a stage 2 formula for I think 9 months on. I asked my dad (a pediatrician) what the difference was, and he asked their Gerber rep who said it just has more calcium - so he gave me the go-ahead to use it at the appropriate age. I was psyched because it was cheaper than the stage 1 formula, but literally two weeks into using it they raised the prices to make it more expensive!!! Three weeks before my son's first birthday I was running low on formula and couldn't find any sales, plus I had no coupons. I asked my dad if it was worth buying or not, and he said I should just use up whatever formula I had left and then switch to regular milk. So my son was switched over about two weeks before his first birthday. I was so happy to spend $3.99 on a gallon of milk instead of $25 for a can of formula that lasts half a week!
  • RBXChas
    Options

I do the same with my dog, who also weighs 65 pounds. I also take him to the dog park and let all the dogs come up and lick his little fingers and toes. I am the only person I have ever seen at the dog park with a baby. Some of my mom friends with dogs have said, "Oh, I would never do that." Whatever. I think it is smart to let your baby play with dogs as long as you are supervising and aware of what seems to be going on with the dogs. I think bad things happen when children don't know how to relate to dogs.

My dogs lick my kids all the time! My dogs are vaccinated and don't eat poop, so I think it's ok ;)

ETA that I agree that kids need to learn how to act around and treat dogs.
  • chickybuns
    Options
    My 70lb pitbull licks the baby all the time, Miles just giggles, he loves the dog. I try not to let him lick Miles in the face but it happens. And I feel bad that Miles often has dog fur on him, but I vacuum everyday!! That dog just sheds to much, but I love my furbaby!
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options

You're so horrible! (Kidding!) I think all of that stuff is reasonable!

I had the same supply issue with my first, and I was so annoyed at finding sales and coupons for formula. We used Good Start, which is cheaper than the others, and there's a stage 2 formula for I think 9 months on. I asked my dad (a pediatrician) what the difference was, and he asked their Gerber rep who said it just has more calcium - so he gave me the go-ahead to use it at the appropriate age. I was psyched because it was cheaper than the stage 1 formula, but literally two weeks into using it they raised the prices to make it more expensive!!! Three weeks before my son's first birthday I was running low on formula and couldn't find any sales, plus I had no coupons. I asked my dad if it was worth buying or not, and he said I should just use up whatever formula I had left and then switch to regular milk. So my son was switched over about two weeks before his first birthday. I was so happy to spend $3.99 on a gallon of milk instead of $25 for a can of formula that lasts half a week!

So lucky to have a pediatrician in the family. When my first child was born the pediatrician I had told me to use Parent's Choice (Walmart brand) his wife used it as a supplement to her breast milk and he loved it and said its identical to enfamil and similac he saved me tons of money because a large canister in 2003 was only $12.99 and my son went through 2 a week. Unfortunately inflation and all it increased to $18.88 which still isn't terrible but I am buying one for myself and the sitter so it gets pricey. With my son I ran out of formula a few days before his first birthday and I was not going to buy another canister so close to the end so I put him right on whole milk I figured formula has whey in it anyways. Go to walmart milk is $1.99 right now I couldn't believe it.

My grandmother told me back in her day formula was carnation instant milk with a little caro syrup in it. Doesn't sound that great to me.
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of breastfeeding for as long as possible so I have an excuse to keep eating more......

Haha me too :)