INTRODUCE YOURSELF :)

Options

Replies

• lauradriscoll543
    Options
    HI, my name is Laura, I am 42 years old, wife, mother of 2, work full-time and I am from Toronto, Canada. My goal is 70 pounds to loose but also more healthier eating and activities with the kids, this challenge will be difficult as I have planter's faceitis on both my feet right now but going to try bike riding and zumba and lots of stretching! Good luck everyone!
  • Ebonyjade20
    Options
    Hola muy name is Jojo Im 129 pounds and I'm a single mother to a rambunctious three year old! I work in a nail salon in Florida and have one more year before I get my Bachelors! ! My goal is not weight but inches I literally don't care about any other part of my body but my stomach. I am tired of wearing a tank top and looking 3 months pregnant. My dream is to be able to wear a tshirt without sucking anything in. Right now I'm doing jillian Michaels 30 day shred and I am on level one day 9!
    My biggest problem is eating. I'm pretty active :( I have been doing well but the last three days I cheated with 3 slices of pizza on each day. ? So I haven't lost any weight. This week I plan on eating clean with only one cheat day!
    Good luck everyone! Please give me tough love! !
  • Lmns218
    Lmns218 Posts: 155
    Options
    Hello!!!! My name is LaKesha, 34 years old, Cleveland OH. I am a single mother to a VERY energetic and busy 3 year old and I work full time. Tried to take on a 2nd job, but don't think that is working out too well due to my current circumstances. Today is my 60th day in a row (well it's after midnight so day 61) logging in. I just completed the 60day hip hop abs program and am just looking for a new challenge. I imagine, I am going to have to do some two a days-maybe incorporating a walk or something on my lunch hour and doing strictly cardio at night. But we will work it out!!!! Definitely not going to quit that's for sure!!!! :)
  • iamaviking007
    iamaviking007 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi! Everyone! :) ....... I'm Sue and I just restarted using myfitnesspal today! I'm 50 years old and live in the Cleveland area...... I love to ride my bike if the weather allows me to. I rode for 40 mins today and burned something like 338 calories for 6.38 miles. I would like to burn 3500 a week on my bike but I'm not sure I'm up to that yet so I could use some ideas on other ways to burn lots of calories :) ..... I'm trying to lose about 80 pounds.
  • kravmark2
    kravmark2 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Hey guys!! I'm excited about this group and my plan is to lost 22lbs - 30 lbs this month of August so I need to burn some serious calories. Feel free to friend me for support

Mark
  • briannal13
    Options
    Hello! My name is Brianna from Arizona. I currently weight 188lbs and want to get to 140lbs. I'm looking forward to starting this challenge and having a support group!
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,411 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Chris from the East Bay in California. I lost 60 pounds and have kept it off for six years. I want to get rid of six more pounds and firm things up. These six pounds have been a struggle since the first of the year...I mean it's six pounds...ugh!
  • merari0586
    merari0586 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet you all! My name is Merari I'm from California my current weight is 158lbs and i want to be 135lbs at least. Im excited to start this challenge with all of you guys so good luck to all!!!
  • auntiepandie
    Options
    Hi everyone!!! My name is Amanda and I'm 31 and live in Santa Rosa, Ca. My goal is 100+, I want help in loosing my weight and I really don't want to feel alone anymore In this weight loss journey. Lately I've not been very motivated into exercising because I work a lot (10hrs + a day) and what I have going for me is that I really don't eat junky food. I'm really excited about doing mini challenges with everyone.
  • auntiepandie
    Options
    Nice to meet you!!
  • kareeta
    kareeta Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

I am Karen , 35, England. Currently 157 . aiming to lose another 10lbs. Looking forward to starting this challenge!

Just started Insanity, Fit Test kicked my behind, so hoping I survive the next 59 days :)
  • zoe534
    zoe534 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, my name is Zoe, 38 and mom of one. I have been traveling for a long time now, currently in Mexico. I don't have a scale so I am not sure how much I weigh or how much I've lost since since I joined MFP a couple of months ago. But I think at least 25 to 30 pounds more to go. I'm really excited about this group, the motivation and the push to hit a goal is exciting, somthing to work towards every week. I just started c25k, third week starts today, we'll see how it goes, bit longer intervals, eek. Never been a runner, but I like being outside early in the morning. I finally decided enough was enough with always being overweight and that I can be fit and strong and stay that way. I want to get into the best shape that I possibly can. Looking forward to getting to know all of you and helping each other along.
  • WKATHY70
    WKATHY70 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Kathy. I am 43 years old with 3 kids, 26, 24 and 13, looking to lose about 25 pounds. I LOOOOVVVVEEEE food. I started to seriously monitor my calories in and out and notice a huge difference. I am excited about this journey.
  • SCSURaynmann
    SCSURaynmann Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hey All! My name is Ray, 42 yrs old from Minnesota. I'm really excited to join this group as it will motivate me to kick some serious butt for the month of August. I have a goal weight loss of ~25 lbs for the months of August-November. I am losing on average about half a pound daily between diet and exercise since June 1, 2013 when I really dove into MFP. This challenge of burning 3500 a week for the month of August should guarantee at least 4 lbs of weight loss for me, but will also help push me up to my goal sooner than expected. Remember this is a marathon and not a sprint. OK, well this month may be more of a sprint than a marathon, but don't' be discouraged if your numbers don't move as fast as you would like them to.
  • activefatgirl
    activefatgirl Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone... I'm Dianna from Ontario Canada. My highest weight was 285 and now I'm sitting at 258 :) My first goal is to be under 250, second goal is 199, my third goal is 175 then I will let my body decided where it would like to be (150 ish). I'm 38 yrs young and can't remember the last time I was under 200 pounds for more then a day. I'm single and need to get back out into the dating world. I love being active, and this challenge will for sure help me to get out and move more! :smile:
  • MoLivesLuvsLifts
    MoLivesLuvsLifts Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone!

I'm Monita from Oklahoma City. This has been a wonderful Summer for me - full of many accomplishments! First of all, I quit my job last month and am now officially a Stay At home Mom to my two boys aged 13 and 8. Next, my husband and I celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary a few weeks ago. And lastly, I've lost 13 lbs this month - due to clean eating AND exercise!

I'm excited about this challenge! Bring it on!
  • rainydays5
    rainydays5 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Hi! My names Laura and I live in Illinois. I am a mother of 5 and full time college student. My current weight is 225.2 and 1st goal is 180. I have lost about 35 lbs since February this year and hoping to keep this going. With school starting for both me and the kids, I am really hoping this challenge will keep me on track.
  • marciabwls
    marciabwls Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hi !!! I'm 55 from the Middle of Missouri.. I have 4 lbs. to go..I Love MFP.. met a lot of new friends that have been very supportive...I am ready for this :bigsmile:
  • cassienewquist
    cassienewquist Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hello all, my name is Cassie and I am from Northwest Minnesota. I am currently at 196 after losing about 20lbs. My goal is to get down to 160 or so. I love giving and recieving motivation and support! Sometimes I want to be lazy, but I remind myself this is a journey, a long one that will change me forever, for the better!
  • OliveDouglas
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Jen and I'm from New York. I currently weight 269. My starting weight was over 300lbs. My goal is to get down to 160 by my wedding day 10/5/14. I love to give and receive both motivation and support. I also believe that those things are needed in order to be successful. Sometimes I'm not in the mood to go to the gym, but all I do is think about my wedding dress and how far I have come already. I have faced a lot of obstacles in my life including the fact that I had thyroid cancer. This august will mark the 1 year anniversary of being cancer free. I can't wait to start this challenge and I'm hoping that through this challenge I will be able to break the plateau I'm currently at.

If you would like to add me, please feel free too :-)