Local runs

Options
MrsPixelbark
MrsPixelbark Posts: 175 Member
Hi there. :)

Whilst not from Lichfield myself, I am pretty close (Derby based here). I'm a massive runner, and do quite a few races in and around Derbyshire.

Anyone else local here do any races themselves? I ran the Lichfield half a few months back (on a gloriously sunny day- I'll be back next year for sure, as the course was lovely), and I'm currently signed up to do the Wilne 10k plus the Ashbourne half early September. Currently scouting around for August races, but I'm sure I'll enter one if I find it.

So, any other crazy local runners out there? Anybody else doing any Derby/Derbyshire area runs at the moment?

Replies

• benjib84
    benjib84 Posts: 125
    Options
    Hey there welcome to the group - Derby , my favourite local place - I love beresford dale... and the old mini cave there haha.

Well im not at the running stage yet, but i DO plan on doing next years lichfield half - maybe well get a MFP gang together to do it. Would be fun!
  • MrsPixelbark
    MrsPixelbark Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Sorry for the late reply.

When you do start running, make sure you start with a program like C25K (the NHS do a fantastic set of free podcasts for it)- honestly, it's one of the best way to get you going from nothing to running for 30 minutes. In fact, it's so good I wish she'd done a half to full marathon version, as creating your own plan can be a bit of a nightmare!

If you do end up running the Lichfield half next year give me a shout, no doubt I'll be there (plus if you fancy running a half in under two hours, I'd more than welcome the company): it's a really nice route for a half, barely any hills and plenty of water stops. You should look into doing the Derby 10k as well next year (it should be just before the half, so good practice), that run really does give you a bit of a buzz- it was almost surreal with over 1000 runners charging over the pride park bridge in unison- nice route for a personal best too. :)
  • benjib84
    benjib84 Posts: 125
    Options
    Sounds good :) Yeah i have C25K ready to go - just need to get off my *kitten* and do it haha