Phase 2

Options
pkrichar
pkrichar Posts: 228 Member
Started Phase two this morning. My shoulders are definitely my weakest area and this disc really works those.

Replies

• staceypunk
    staceypunk Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    yup! I love sculpted shoulders but you do have to endure a level of pain to get them!
  • hkmurphy83
    hkmurphy83 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Circuit 3 is awful!! But sexy shoulders are worth it!
  • misalillstead
    misalillstead Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    lol... I'm starting phase 2 tonight... and I'm fairly nervous!
  • debraran1
    debraran1 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Shoulders don't need a lot of weight, so take it easy and you'll see results. Trainers at my old gym loved shoulder work because of the lack of fat (usually) they showed up the best at first.

I'm enjoying the challenge of Phase 2, seems like if you have done her other DVD's, this catches you up...it definitely is not easier as the first DVD was.

I like the group of exercisers too, make it seem "fun" when I'm not panting. lol
  • pkrichar
    Options
    I found disc 6 a lot of fun this morning, challenging but fun. Many new moves for me. I think I am going to be very glad that muscles get a break tomorrow.
  • PBlilacs
    PBlilacs Posts: 23
    Options
    I am on my last week of disks 5 and 6 and loving it! I upped my heavy weights to 20 lbs, and am def feeling a difference.
  • pkrichar
    Options
    I am on my last week of disks 5 and 6 and loving it! I upped my heavy weights to 20 lbs, and am def feeling a difference.
    Wow I am impressed with 20 pound weights. I have 2, 5 and 6.something. I was thining of gettng some 8s maybe 10. 20 never even came to mind. Something to shoot for I guess. Good job!
  • Velks39
    Velks39 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Just finished Phase 1 today! So far no weight loss, but I do feel a little stronger and that is encouraging!!! Thinking I am going to really start hard on upping my weights to all 8 pounds. Excited to start the next Phase!!!!!
  • debraran1
    debraran1 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I'm 10 years older than you but I found I needed to do more than her DVD's to lose weight (or much weight) There just isn't enough cardio although her muscle work is great.
    Yesterday I did a BR DVD and another cardio one, some days a walk, last week, I added 30DS to get more cardio in.
    Everyone is different, but you learn what works for you after a while.
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    i start phase 2 tomorrow to say i'm looking forward to. i am but really nervous shes kicking my butt that no lie
  • shell2belle
    shell2belle Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I started Phase 2 on Monday and I'm loving it, but my knees are killing me! I'm thinking of getting myself a brace for one of them as it hurts pretty badly.

Workout 5 was fun - kicked my butt. Workout six was HARD (still kicked my butt), but wasn't as fun for me as workout 5. Cardio 2 killed me, but I did it. I even got an "I'm proud of you, honey" from my husband and that's pretty rare.
  • pkrichar
    Options
    I started Phase 2 on Monday and I'm loving it, but my knees are killing me! I'm thinking of getting myself a brace for one of them as it hurts pretty badly.

Workout 5 was fun - kicked my butt. Workout six was HARD (still kicked my butt), but wasn't as fun for me as workout 5. Cardio 2 killed me, but I did it. I even got an "I'm proud of you, honey" from my husband and that's pretty rare.
    I am the opposite I find 5 really hard and 6 really fun.
  • shell2belle
    shell2belle Posts: 23 Member
    Options

I am the opposite I find 5 really hard and 6 really fun.

I eventually warmed up to 6. Started 7 today and it wasn't that bad. It was hard as hell, but still fun. I am really liking these workouts.
  • sleafers
    sleafers Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I love workout six and always want to avoid five like the plague. I tell myself, oh, what a good workout after five to try and tryick my pysche... but I love six! Maybe it's because five is so hard for me!

I feel like I should add a week of workouts 5&6 because they're so challenging for me, has anyone else done that?
  • cateyedkp
    cateyedkp Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Holy cow, just did workout 5 for the first time. Circuit three is a killer! Does anyone else get wrist pain with the repeated crab lifts? My wrists always hurt just doing that move twice in one circuit, let alone 4 times.
  • svesemenja
    svesemenja Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    oh i did the same thing this morning.. god i thought i would die.. at the middle of circuit three i stared crying, but my boyfriend was like get up, you have to do it...

my wrists are ok but my arms.. god they will be so sore tomorrow.. they started shaking in the middle of the crab lifts..