Big weight gains after moderate amount of non-paleo foods??

Options
Has anyone else found this to be an issue? I have found that if I eat non-Paleo anytime before dinner, I feel REALLY lousy. However, if I eat it after that, I am ok. However, I found that even if I am eating moderate amounts of non-Paleo foods, I am gaining quite a bit of weight very quickly. Not good, obviously.....

Replies

• AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    You can probably attribute that to inflammation and water retention.
  • deanna198888
    Options
    I typically gain about three pounds from a non paleo meal, but it goes away within a day or two so its just water.
  • PrimalGirl
    PrimalGirl Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I've fallen off the wagon slightly over the last few weeks - carbs in the form of crisps and lager (shudder) and I've gained four lbs which is not shifting.

However, i've also switched from mainly cardio to mainly weight-lifting, so i'm not sure how much is from bad food and how much is muscle (please let it be muscle!!). Needless to say I'm cleaning up my act from today and hoping to shift those pounds again real soon.
  • MalinLondon
    MalinLondon Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Same here although I have not dared to have a cheat meal/treat since going 100% primal 2 months ago. Before that one treat meal or a weekend off made me gain weight, some was water but some went right on my hip and stayed there!!! =o