Looking for friends to share recipes and ideas!

Options
I was sleeved September 2012 and just reached my goal weight! I have noticed in the last month it is way to easy to "graze" so I am trying to find healthier alternatives and trying to eat every 3 hours. I just started getting my water in, like a week ago. I have spent the last 9 months getting maybe 20 oz a day if lucky. For a solid week now I have had at least 60 oz a day so that is good for me! I have also found a great protein salad that I am going to play around with this weekend and will post it in MFP. Please message me with email if you want to share ideas! Keep up the good work, it is a lot easier that before surgery but it still takes work!:happy:

Replies

• Cagsfa
    Cagsfa Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I eat five times a day... I like to cook but mostly I assemble and heat since I was sleeved. Like I mix turkey meatballs, cottage cheese and marina sauce together and bake it with some cheese on top. it is a lot of protein and very few calories. I have made a turkey mexican chilli and I just made a chicken soup. I like making that stuff and freezing it.
  • dward59
    dward59 Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Would love to share some recipe ideas. I'm getting pretty bored with what we've been doing for three months now. High in protein, very low in taste value. It doesn't have to be that way, we just got in a rut and I'm ready to branch out.

Last night I got creative. Used leftover rotisserie chicken, fresh zucchini and summer squash, steak cut mushrooms, part of a container of roasted tomatoes, and a can of italian style diced tomatoes.

It was quick, mostly leftovers and met my WLS goals, high in protein, pretty low in carbs, and tasted great.
  • JillianPMehlhaff
    JillianPMehlhaff Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    This is a recipe that I LOVE from the South Beach Diet cookbook. My coworker used to bring them in for breakfast all the time.

Vegetable Quiche Cups to Go

1 pkg (10 oz) frozen chopped spinach
    3/4 cup liquid egg substitute
    3/4 cup shredded reduced fat cheese
    1/4 cup diced green bell peppers
    1/4 cup diced onions
    3 drops hot pepper sauce (optional)

Microwave spinach for 2.5 minutes on high. Drain the excess liquid. Line a 12 cup muffin pan with foil baking cups. Spray the cups with baking spray.

Combine the egg substitute, cheese, peppers, onions, pepper sauce and spinach in a bowl. Mix well. Divide evenly among muffin cups. Bake at 350 F for 20 minutes until knife inserted in the center comes out clean.

Good frozen and reheated as well. My coworker used mini muffin pans and just sprayed them with nonstick spray. It almost tastes like there is a crust, even through there is not. Each (regular muffin size) quiche has: 77 cal. 9g protein, 3g carbs, 3g fat, 2 g sat fats, 160mg sodium, 10mg cholesterol and 2g fiber.
  • k9qt
    k9qt Posts: 16
    Options
    I love the muffin pan ideas! I need more of those. I found a great lasagna one somewhere that I really need to find!

I made some egg and bacon bakes the other day that actually taste good cold or reheated.
    In a large mixing bowl I mixed a container of egg beaters (or any liquid egg) with a package of the soft real bacon bits and some shredded cheddar cheese and then scooped them into the muffin pans and baked at 350 for 15 minutes. It made 12 so I put 6 in the freezer and 6 in the fridge. Perfect serving size and good protein.

Also for anyone still on soft foods or still transitioning (or just want something new) I found that the Unjury brand protein powder is awesome and if you mix one scoop of the chocolate protein powder with one cup of Chobani Vanilla Greek yogurt it is like heaven tastes kinda like cheesecake and it is a whopping 35 grams of protein. I am very picky about my protein, I couldn't tolerate the aftertaste of the premier protein drinks.
  • k9qt
    k9qt Posts: 16
    Options
    Good one! That sounds great!