Roller Coaster sugars = mood swings?

Options
Ghomerzgirl
Ghomerzgirl Posts: 67 Member
I have mood swings quite frequently on a normal basis as well as Premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD) . Josh and I have noticed lately though that my mood swings kind of correlate with having roller coaster blood sugars. Well they get worse than they normally are anyway. Does anyone else have mood swings when their sugars go from one spectrum to the other drastically? I'm going to bring it up at my next Endo appointment in September. I am on Depakote to control the PMDD symptoms and depression, but this seems to be more than the baseline of my symptoms.

Jenn

Replies

• jennyann117
    jennyann117 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    my husband tends to get mean when blood sugars are high. He's T1 for 30 years now.
  • jbalistriere
    jbalistriere Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    If my sugars aren't right, I get super crabby. In fact, I'm just now learning to check my sugars when I start to get irritatable before assuming it's my husband/kids making me batty (not to say that it's still not them!).
  • Ghomerzgirl
    Options
    That's what Josh tells me to do as well, though most times I just huff and storm off. Maybe I will do that, when I start to get irritable to check my sugars and see where I'm at....Thanks!

And I too usually assume that it's either Josh or my boys...lol.

Jenn
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    I was on Depakote for 5 years and got off a few months ago and am now getting better sleep than I did before and I'm having MORE energy.......
  • wannabthin65
    wannabthin65 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    When I get grumpy or grouchy or snap at hubby for no apparent reason, he always tells me to go check my sugar
  • MzGibb23
    MzGibb23 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    When my sugar drops at night I've noticed I get night terrors. Ill scream in my sleep, ive even did this weird sound in my sleep and my husband has to jerk me out of sleep. I check my glucose and it'll always be low.
  • Ghomerzgirl
    Options
    I do that too when I am going too low. My body clenches and I scream bloody murder, but I don't realize that I'm doing it. I have recently stopped taking the dpekote and have noticed that my mood swings aren't near as severe as they were...

Jenn
  • train4bane
    Options
    Yes when my blood sugar is high, everything annoys me and I hate on everyone lol.
    When it's low I just get snappy. So I totally know where you're coming from, even coming down from a high I can still be having mood swings.