What is your favorite type of workout?

Options
Mine are: Waking, jogging, Tae-Bo, Zumba, Cardio and dancing/

Replies

• royvor
    royvor Posts: 271
    Options
    I love so many like you! I have to have variety. I can't do a whole week of the same. I like kickboxing to punch out the stress, Zumba to feel like I am not working out just clubbing, and anything Jillian with strength training/circuits/, also HIIT workouts to tone and become stronger and leaner. I love working out! Lastly, I like Walk Away The Pounds with Leslie Sansone to take it easy when my knees are acting up and to take up a notch when I do that video I use dumbbells for my upper body. :smile:
  • MaeRenee94
    MaeRenee94 Posts: 175
    Options
    Lifting!!!

4 sets
    15 reps
    14 reps
    13 reps
    12 reps
    rest for 15 seconds
    go for 5 or more until you can't go no more!!!
  • bookdeity
    bookdeity Posts: 37
    Options
    I can't stand the typical workout like going to the gym to do the elliptical, using the machines, etc. I've tried it before and just get bored. I have to do things that are dance based. I used to do musical theatre and danced a lot. I alos bellydanced for about a year and a half, which I ended up getting burnt out on since I waas teaching 3 days a week, having rehearsals for shows, then needing to be home with a puppy, and started my master's degree. Now, 2 years later, I'm trying to find the right workout. I've tried Zumba and it just wasn't for me, not enough structure to it and too much hip-hop which is completely foreign to my body. lol
    So far I'm starting with Tracy Anderson's Mat workout and am going to try her dance cardio DVD.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    kangoojumps,, changed my life!
  • RegularLife
    RegularLife Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love love love love loveeeee biking
  • knucklesammie
    knucklesammie Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    i loooove cardio! i also like kickboxing and horse back riding. :) i don't get to do other stuff like hiking, surf, rock climb or stuff like that very often but i do enjoy them when i get to. nothing better than a work out that doesn't really feel like a work out :D
  • bdkglk
    bdkglk Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Zumba!
  • agborensztein
    agborensztein Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I love Tabata, very intense reps with 20 seconds on and 10 seconds off for cycles of 8. Combines cardio and strength training, really great for fat burning.
  • shayleac
    shayleac Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Definitely yoga and weight lifting.
    I run/go on the stairmaster for 45 minutes a day but I get bored easily.
  • Shelby1582
    Shelby1582 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    dancing, running, cardio and strength workouts on Daily Burn. Basically anything that's not at a gym
  • kathrinelukes
    Options
    Anything bodyweight! My favorite classes are boot camp style and I love running and hiking.
  • EricaahMcK
    EricaahMcK Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Zumba is great - an hour flies by! I also tried out a cardio kickboxing class this week which was pretty fun. For outdoor workouts, I love to hike. We have a great trail system here and a weekly women's trail night, where we go on a guided hike - roughly 7 miles.
  • dangdangBB
    dangdangBB Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    The nonexistent kind! Hahaha just kidding :P If I do manage to get off my lazy butt, I typically walk on an incline, use a stationary bike, or jog.
  • blgerig
    blgerig Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Never, ever thought I would be saying this, but running! Nothing motivates me like signing up for a race!
  • starswillfly
    starswillfly Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have to say yoga is my biggest one, but I love to walk too. It helps clear my mind like yoga does and it's a nice feeling to have a clear mind and such. :)
    Recently I've started learning ballet and belly-dancing. Those two rank close to the top of my list as well. :)
  • thebusyhoneybee
    Options
    I love bellydance. It burned out all my thigh side fat. I also like running on the eliptical machine. I love weight training.
  • samirw890
    Options
    Weights (especially legs) And stretching after running!
  • zombiesalad
    zombiesalad Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Hiking, bouldering and kayaking. If I'm not outside, I get bored.

I do enjoy yoga when I'm trapped inside.