INTRODUCE YOURSELF :)

Options

Replies

• lmasasa
    lmasasa Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi I am Lisa, 39 years old. My goal is to be at 105-110 by January. Currently am at 137.5. I work a desk job full time so don't have the ability to get the to the gym during the day. I am trying to go 3 times a week but that does not happen. I am also working with a dietitian. Any ideas on workouts would be appreciated. My weakness is that I give up too easily. This time I really want to stick with the plan !
  • jenns1964
    jenns1964 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I am Jennifer and I live in Austin, Tx, but originally for California. I set my calorie burn goal at 3500, but don't always make it. Now, with a little help from my MFP friends I will reach that goal weekly!
  • Smorsb
    Smorsb Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    My name is Sharon and I live outside of Buffalo, NY. Aim excited about this challenge and getting back on track!
  • watchhillgirl
    watchhillgirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am Katie and live in NC. I am 50 but have a dreaded birthday and will be one year older on August 3. I can't even bring myself to type the age yet! Lol! I have been slack the last few weeks and need a kick in the tail to get back on track. Challenges always help me. Lets burn some calories!!!
  • NK102
    NK102 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    HI!!!
    I am Nina, I have just moved to Chicago after living in LA for about 20 years! Fun change! I am a singer and actress, 58, have gained about 30lbs over the last 2 years from surgeries and helping to take care of my mother-in-law after she had 4 strokes. I FELL OFF THE WAGON BAAAAD! So here I am!

You all look like a fun group to do this with! So let's torch this AUGUST CHALLENGE! :happy:
  • mochahope
    mochahope Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi ! I'm Lisa. I am looking forward to this challenge
  • Brown523
    Brown523 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    HI - I'm Mindy - 32 From a tiny little town called Blackstone in Massachusetts. I def need to increase my calories burned in a week. So far I'm only at 600. I really need to step it up! I work full time and I am also a nursing student so that leaves a little less time that I would like to get in as much time as I would need but I'm going to push for it!
  • isisbryan
    isisbryan Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    My name is Demetria and I am 40 years old. I weigh 209 and would like to see "onderland" sometime soon. So my goal is to lose 25lbs by January 1st. Lately I've been coasting along and losing about .6 lbs a month. Yes, that's less than a pound a month. So, I know something is not right. I'm hoping that this challenge will help reveal where I need to do the most work either diet or exercise. Or do both need to be tweaked.
  • ronnie554
    ronnie554 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Ronnie from the UK, my main aim is to lose 10 stone, i started training/dieting on 1st August last year and at the moment i am 2 pound off losing 6 stone todate.

Looking forward to this challenge.
  • lamour
    lamour Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    HI everyone, My name is Lisa and I'm from So Cal, as well. I am 49, have a sedentary job, and gained about 10 lbs while in grad school. I'd like to lose 20, but primarily want to tone up and feel healthy again. Thanks for creating this challenge and for the additional plank challenge! Looking forward to getting and providing support throughout this month :).
  • missbrie11
    missbrie11 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Brie, 23, also living in Southern California. I'm hoping this challenge will get me moving and exercising daily so I can really get my weight loss going. Looking forward to it!
  • terriejones
    terriejones Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I made a ticker to track my calories burned.
  • kenzie0884
    kenzie0884 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    My name is Melinda (though you wouldn't guess that from my screen name). I'm 22 and from Michigan. Looking to lose around 50 lbs, and have already lost 13 lbs. :)
  • clwright75
    Options
    Hi! I'm Cassie from CA. I am a SAHM to 3 kids. I currently way 159 and my goal is 130, I am 5'6. I am excited about this challenge and to finally shed the back-to-back baby weight. I had a good run losing the weight from jan to may but then slacked off completely! Can't wait to start! Is anyone doing Insanity? I'm starting it today.
  • nmidwood13
    nmidwood13 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, I'm Nancy from PA. I'm 163 pounds, 47 on Saturday and about 5 ft 6 inches. I'm lucky I carry my weight pretty well but I am so much more comfortable and happy at 140.00 I tend to go into things "extreme" so I'm either really being good and exercising regularly or I'm eating everything in sight and not getting any exercise. Right now I'm the first. Once I feel I'm in control I tend to balance it out pretty well. I'm hoping this helps me out a bit. I've been a member for a little over a week and I really think it's helping. Logging your food is big time important.
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Lesa from Iowa. I lost about 45 pounds on MFP, then my class dropped to 1x/wk, I started getting lazy...and family-size Doritos (entire bag eaten in just TWO SETTINGS..without sharing) and fireballs are my downfall. Gained 22 of those pounds back. I thought I would be to my goal by this summer, but with that setback...

So now I have maybe about 40 pounds to go.

Hello everyone!
  • cassfill30
    cassfill30 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Cassie from NJ. I have lost 10 lbs, still need to lose about 60 more. Working at home full time, while trying to manage family and health is always a challenge. Would love to be able to keep up with my kids and hubby.

This challenge is perfect to encourage me to step up the exercise.
  • cravune
    cravune Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi i/m Steve from near Chester UK, I cycle a lot so hoping 3500 shouldn't be too difficult

20lbs down on this time last year but time to shift another 20, so have come back after a break

Good luck everyone x
  • RedVelvette
    RedVelvette Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Hi Team!
    I'm Jen, 39 years old, from sunny San Diego, CA. I am 5'9" and currently weigh 208, highest weight was 229 about 10 years ago, and I was 219 when I started MFP in 2010. I recently reset my ticker for added motivation. My next goal is 205 which seems to be so hard to get to even though it's just a few pounds away! I'm pretty active, love to dance, walk a few miles almost every day, and have just started enjoying the stationary bike at the gym which allows me the ability to make time to read and workout at the same time. I also love Zumba and pilates.

I liked someone else's post in here about wanting to go from "obese" category to "overweight", which would be at 203 for me, so that is goal #2.

I'm really excited about this group!
  • TheRunningGuppy
    TheRunningGuppy Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Megan, and I live in Washington state, on the coast. Current small goal is to get to my drivers license weight by my birthday in October, which is when I need to renew it. That means 26 lbs between now and 10/24. Longer term goal is to lose 150 lbs, more than half of my starting weight of 279.
    My primary source of exercise is running, but I also like to do yoga, zumba, and cycling.
    I love a challenge so this is perfect for me. Been slacking on getting 3500 a week over the past few weeks, so this will be a kick in my tushie.