bulletproof coffee

Options
To my keto family..... i drink my bulletproof coffee about twice a week only, I would love to drink it everyday but when I drink it, within 30 minutes, i am on fire and I sweat terribly for about half hr , then I am ok. I don't mind this much, I know it is getting the fires inside burning, but I can't sweat like that at work...
Does this happen to any one else????

Replies

• vickiwo55
    vickiwo55 Posts: 35
    Options
    YES YES YES! I'm not sweating too too bad, but I get very hot and red-faced. Like hot flashes sort of.
    =)
  • EricCowperthwaite
    Options
    I can't really tell. Since I work out first, which generally leaves me seriously red and sweating, and then have my BPC ... I can't tell. Maybe I should try having it on a Sunday when I don't work out and see what happens.
  • kiramaniac
    kiramaniac Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Never had this.
    What recipe are you following? (the official BPC recipe, or a variant with cream, non grass-fed butter, coconut oil, etc)
  • JisatsuHoshi
    JisatsuHoshi Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I usually make mine with just coconut oil and regular salted butter. Black coffee only no sugars.
  • ellenkilpatrick
    ellenkilpatrick Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    My bcc is with butter , coconut oil and heavy cream. I use stevia as sweetener and it really boosts my metabolism!!! Major hot flash!!!
  • moss11
    moss11 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Yes! I get this after every high fat meal! Just put it down to my body working hard digesting the fat. However I'm surprised at some of the answers as I thought this happened to everyone on this WOE!!
  • juliekins64
    juliekins64 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know where I can buy BPC beans in Ontario?
    I've checked a few health food stores with no luck, maybe there's a chaint that carries I'm not aware of.
  • EricCowperthwaite
    Options
    Does anyone know where I can buy BPC beans in Ontario?
    I've checked a few health food stores with no luck, maybe there's a chaint that carries I'm not aware of.
    Bulletproof coffee consists of:

- 8-12 oz of high quality coffee (I buy beans that were grown at high elevation, organic, shade grown, wet washed)
    - 1-2 tbsp of coconut oil or MCT oil
    - 1-2 tbsp of grassfed butter
    - 1 tbsp of unsweetened cocoa

You can also buy Upgraded Coffee and Upgraded MCT Oil directly from Bullet Proof Exec, but it's not strictly necessary.
  • Jasmine_James
    Jasmine_James Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I have bulletproof coffee every single morning of the week. I don't have this side effect -- but I have noticed that if I have too much MCT oil (I use that instead of regular coconut oil), I will get a little jittery, dizzy, anxious feeling. So maybe limit your coconut oil (or MCT oil) to 1 TBSP and then see if that helps.
  • juliekins64
    juliekins64 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Thank you