Do you let your dog/s sleep on the bed?

Options

Replies

• DallastheGemini
    DallastheGemini Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Absolutely!! My Pit Bull and me sleep together every night... on a twin sized bed too! lol My Autralian Shepard Mix sleeps on the couch or in my moms room. She's hateful and attacks my Pit so they have to be kept seperated at night. During the day, as long as I watch them, they can be around each other. In fact Ginger (Aussie mix) is lying on my bedroom floor right now and Josie (Pit) is in bed with me. I'll kick Ginger out before I go to sleep.
  • zeebruhgirl
    zeebruhgirl Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Both puppies sleep with us! Unless its the summer, then my Corgi finds someplace cool to sleep.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    For 25 years we've had various little dogs sleeping with us, but they're all in doggie heaven now ...... all that's left is a grouchy old cat ...... if I stretch too much & touch her, she bites me !

catseye.gif
  • BlessedBe23
    BlessedBe23 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Both of my dogs sleep in bed with me, and sometimes my cat comes in and joins us too. The only thing is, I have to shut the bedroom door when I'm not at home because one of my dogs likes to pee on the bed :mad:

He used to do it in the middle of the night too, if I got up to go to the bathroom. I don't know what it is with him...I rescued him when he was 4 years old. Both dogs are small so they use puppy pads.....I don't think he was ever trained to potty outside, and now he's too old and PTSD- scared for me to really punish or train him about it, so I just limit his access to the bed when I'm not in it. He no longer pees on it in the middle of the night.
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    I don't have a dog anymore, but was looking at this thread anyway. Amazed at how many people do sleep with their dogs. Personally, I don't want a dog or a cat in my bed. I like a clean bed, and I also feel that they just don't need to be there. A carpeted floor or a dog bed is good enough for them. I like dogs, but I really don't believe in treating them just like people. And besides, my husband would have a fit if I even suggested it.
  • brraanndi
    brraanndi Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    The only reason my cats don't sleep in the bed anymore is that one is senile and decides quite often in the middle of the night that she has DEFINITELY not been fed today.

She then proceeds to stand on your chest and notify you of this until you do something about it.
  • TheFairyJester
    Options
    yep. well one of the yorkies sleeps with me. one sleeps with my mom and the third bed hops.

the cats sleep in bed all day then on the couch at night.

but my dogs are obviously all very small. my cats are bigger then them.
  • AltSpeaking
    AltSpeaking Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    You bet! My GSD/Weim sleeps beside me, under the blankets, head on my pillow and I hold her like a teddy bear every night lol! That's our routine... nothing like an 85lb teddy bear! I feel weird when she's not there, like if we are on vacation or something.
  • arabianhorselover
    Options
    And your husband..........?
    You bet! My GSD/Weim sleeps beside me, under the blankets, head on my pillow and I hold her like a teddy bear every night lol! That's our routine... nothing like an 85lb teddy bear! I feel weird when she's not there, like if we are on vacation or something.
  • AltSpeaking
    Options
    I have two sides... it all works out lol
    His GSD/Retriever curls up on the other side of him too hahaha so we wind up sandwiched in the middle of the two pups
  • arabianhorselover
    Options
    Wow. My husband would NEVER put up with even one dog in our bed.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    If our bed was big enough for the bf and I, and our dog (a golden) then yes I'd let him. It's quite small for a double though, and not big enough. The dog gets cuddles in bed at night, but has to get off before we go to sleep or he's in the way.

If the bf goes to work early though on my day off, doggy will usually jump up and sleep beside me once that side's free :D
  • AltSpeaking
    Options
    He always had his dog in the bed before we got together, and I always had mine in the bed before we got together, so it only made sense to both of us to get a bigger bed and continue lol
  • ForCharlotte
    ForCharlotte Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Yeah and some how I always end up shoved off to the side with them in the middle and my husband runs to the couch lol
  • dubist
    dubist Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    yes but I am questioning my decision after an inadvertently dog created DUTCH OVEN last night talk about a wake up call. it still burning my nostrils.
  • bandit5125
    bandit5125 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    yes, both small dogs, under 14 lbs, and 2 cats. The german Shepard sleeps with my son and his wife.
  • HoneyFrogger
    HoneyFrogger Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I find it hard to sleep Unless my Jack Russell Rocco is in the bed with me :)
  • mswoodsy
    mswoodsy Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    yes! our Rottweiler/Heeler is allowed on any furniture as long as he hasn't rolled in anything. lol

he has a thick coat though so in the summer he usually prefers to sleep off by himself...
  • firststepformefal
    firststepformefal Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I have a Schnoodle and a Japanese Chin. The Schnoodle has decided to sleep on the floor at the foot of my bed, on a bed I have there. The Japanese Chin sleeps against my back. The cat has decided to live on the big chair in the living room. He is 20, and he can sleep where ever he wants to.
  • Shalva
    Shalva Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    absolutely not. I have 8 dogs most are retrievers and there is an Irish Wolfhound... we have a rule... they are allowed on the bed until the lights go out and then everyone off.