Inroductions

Options

Replies

• margieparkins
    margieparkins Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    hi everyone, I am Margie 58 years young and from Australia, I have done this challenge, june and july and love it, my weight loss will be totaled in 2 days time. I am very commited to myself and anyone else that would like support, joke or challenge,
  • lindavitz
    lindavitz Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Linda. Married with 3 kids. I work a job that varies between mostly desk work and very active. I am trying to get off medications for diabetes so I appreciate this challenge.
  • GrandMaKandy
    GrandMaKandy Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm in! This is the first time I will be undertaking any challenge so I've got a coulple of questions.

1. My morning is night for most of you as I am in the UK, so if I log at the end of my day which is usually around mid - night when I'm going to bed (sometimes later), will it show as morning as far as you're concerned and will I then be penalised.

2. Calories are reset at mid-night so would this be what I need to stick to or do I eat back my exercise calories, gained through out the day.

3. After my weigh in each week (Tuesday) I usually reset my goal to reflect this so I get my weekly calorie adjustment for the week. Will this again cause me to be penalised.

Sorry if I sound dumb, but up to know I usually work my calories in over a weekly average and not daily, I can then make my own adjustments up or down to level out my weekly intake before my weight in.
  • shuki_cotren
    shuki_cotren Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I'm Amy- I'm a married first time mom of an 11 month old baby girl. Went back to work 2 months ago and struggling to keep up motivation to be healthy. I am 26 and 178.5 lbs. My goal for August is to lose 5 lb. I know I can do better that, but I'll stick with a low goal so that I feel good about myself at the end of this month for reaching/exceeding that goal. Here I come 173.5 lb! :)
  • caradae
    caradae Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm in! This is the first time I will be undertaking any challenge so I've got a coulple of questions.

1. My morning is night for most of you as I am in the UK, so if I log at the end of my day which is usually around mid - night when I'm going to bed (sometimes later), will it show as morning as far as you're concerned and will I then be penalised.

2. Calories are reset at mid-night so would this be what I need to stick to or do I eat back my exercise calories, gained through out the day.

3. After my weigh in each week (Tuesday) I usually reset my goal to reflect this so I get my weekly calorie adjustment for the week. Will this again cause me to be penalised.

Sorry if I sound dumb, but up to know I usually work my calories in over a weekly average and not daily, I can then make my own adjustments up or down to level out my weekly intake before my weight in.

Hi GrandMaKandy,

Thanks for the great questions! I bet others are wondering about them too.

1. I do realize that many participants are from areas that are a day ahead of me (I'm in California). If you post in the "morning" (California time), and I know that you're from, say, Australia, then you won't be penalised. I try to post the daily sign-in threads the night before a new day (in California) so that people in other areas of the world can post at the end of their days.

2. Your calorie budget is entirely up to you. You pick your budget at the beginning of the day. You can go along with MFP's suggested budget, eat back your calories, or do something entirely different--it's up to you.

3. Nope. See question number two. :)

I hope that helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

caradae
  • dillyg08
    dillyg08 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    Hello All,

My name is Beverley. I have been doing this yoyo weight loss and it can be discouraging at times. Nonetheless, I'm here and trying to loose 10lbs for my birthday early September. I'm currently sitting carrying around 182lbs. This would be a great push for me to be accountable.

Good luck to everyone:flowerforyou:
  • tesha_al
    tesha_al Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Tee, I'm 21 and a student from the UK.I used to be active until a couple of years ago I piled on the pounds and haven't been able to lose it at all. I've been on MFP for a long time but never took it seriously just yoyo dieter like many of you here. After coming home for the holidays I've seen all my friends and family change their lifestyle and I've now become the 'big one' of the group. I'm not as confident as I used to be and I'm very self conscious about my weight. I want to go back to the old me but a better version a fitter, leaner and stronger version. I really hope I can stick to this challenge and achieve success I also have a holiday to look forward to in September!. 1 day left before success begins.:happy: :happy:
  • armywf07
    armywf07 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Rachel Adams. I'm a military wife and mom to an active 7 year old and to one little angel. I am trying to lose weight to better help my PCOS and so far from the last challenge I have lost 10 lbs. total and hope to keep losing! I enjoy the whole accountability challenge because it keeps me straight and I try to stay under my calorie needs but not too much under...which doesn't seem to happen alot I'm usually wayyyyyy under.
  • icecle
    icecle Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I am Cinzia, it is the first time I participate to a challenge and i am excited. I have to lose about 21 Kg (about 47 lbs) and I am quite far from my goal, but I am still motivated and working on it

It is going to be a difficult month, as I have to visit my family and be abroad one week for work, but let's see how far I can go in the challenge.

Ciao
    Cinzia
  • miridai
    miridai Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Hi, I´m Miriam, 24-year-old English and Spanish teacher from Slovakia. I´ve managed to stay on track during both the June and July challenges and still can´t believe it. Over the days, without me even noticing it, I just stopped seing this as a diet and "challenge" and really created a habit out of exercising, active lifestyle and healthy food. Two months ago I would watch TV in the evening and just eat some chocolate or pudding and wouldn´t really worry about it, ´cause it´s just a little something. But once I´ve realized how that little something can ruin a whole succesful day and take me over my calories, all has changed. I ´m really grateful for these accountability groups and excited for the next month to come :)
  • Gus130
    Gus130 Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Hi, all. I am Gus, from the Midwest, a college instructor in business, and grandparent of three. I need to lose about 150 pounds and have just started with MFP. I needed accountability and so joined this group. I look forward to the challenge.

My motto is: "I've had it all -- and it shows."
  • GrandMaKandy
    GrandMaKandy Posts: 259 Member
    Options

Hi GrandMaKandy,

Thanks for the great questions! I bet others are wondering about them too.

1. I do realize that many participants are from areas that are a day ahead of me (I'm in California). If you post in the "morning" (California time), and I know that you're from, say, Australia, then you won't be penalised. I try to post the daily sign-in threads the night before a new day (in California) so that people in other areas of the world can post at the end of their days.

2. Your calorie budget is entirely up to you. You pick your budget at the beginning of the day. You can go along with MFP's suggested budget, eat back your calories, or do something entirely different--it's up to you.

3. Nope. See question number two. :)

I hope that helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

caradae

Thanks I think I've got it - ready to go
  • his777angel
    his777angel Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I'm Marcelle. Last August I began a weight loss journey and lost close to 12 lbs by October, but then gained most of it back after a car accident. I am looking forward to getting back in the game and making my weight loss goal a reality!
  • amygher
    amygher Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    hey all,
    i'm amy & i joined mfp back in the beginning of the year & did really, really well. i even got up to running an 8k, lost 22 lbs. then, i was injured at work, stopped running, had a death in my family & started eating comfort foods. i'm wanting to get back to it & the best way would be to have to be accountable. lucky for me, i only put on 5lbs during my comfort food-fest, but i'm still wanting to get to about 135lbs, which is 15lbs less than i weigh now.

i'm a full-time librarian & have 4 dogs, one foster dog. one son who is 12 & two step daughters who are 18 & 15.

i really hope to keep on it, as mfp really did wonders for me earlier this year.

good luck to you all!
  • tslose
    tslose Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I'm excited about the challenge Tired of yo yo ing my weight. This maybe just what I need to get me going.
  • sundog10
    sundog10 Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone

I'm Gail and I was in the challenge last month and almost made it to week 3 (camping with kids was my downfall). It was a great challenge and i missed checking in every night after I left it. I really want to make it a whole month this time. it was also a great group of people. I work at home in a stressful job so watching what i eat and being accountable is what works for me.

Thank you Caradae for taking the time out of your busy life to host this challenge. We all appreciate it.
  • SJandM2000
    SJandM2000 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm Sarah, mad mum of 7 kids... Looking to lose weight and get fit mostly. Looking forward to this challenge and being accountable to someone other than myself!
  • 388gigi
    388gigi Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

My name is Georgia. I live in Australia. I got to my goal weight a few months ago, then winter hit and I stopped running and ate too many desserts and put on 4 kilos!

I've just started running again (first run outside was 5k in 29 minutes) and back on the wagon with logging food etc.

I love exercise. I try to eat as organic and natural as possible.

Looking forward to this challenge, great concept!!

Good luck everyone :-)
  • hevans1207
    hevans1207 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! My name is Heather. I'm 26 years old and teaching English in South Korea. I've been here a little over 2.5 years and have about 8 months left. Since coming to Korea I have gained 40 lbs and it's time to lose it! I've been logging in to MFP for the past 40 days and I've lost 11 lbs. Looking forward to this challenge!
  • JuiceBars
    JuiceBars Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hi- My name is Gail. I turned 50 this past March which was my motivation to get both my exercise and eating working together. MFP has made that easier for me to be successful. I hope to get rid of a few more pounds and reduce my waist line 2 more inches. Let's do it!