Insomnia

Options
LaChicaKmart
LaChicaKmart Posts: 26 Member
So, I heard this could be a side effect. And tonight is my first experience with it since starting ESE. I'm going to up my kcals to 1400 tomorrow to see if that helps. I realize I have been under goal, but I hoped it would even out to about 1200 avg. by the end of the week. Maybe too much too soon.

Replies

• SASSYnCHICago
    SASSYnCHICago Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I haven't had any issues. my calories as higher though, hope it helps - just remember to look at the big picture to see if there are other factors too like stress, and over exercising!
  • 2dayirunforme
    2dayirunforme Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I have actually been sleeping better and going to bed earlier. I agree with Sassy I know both stress and an intense workout later in the day will mess with my sleep.
  • LaChicaKmart
    Options
    Thanks ladies! I think it may have to do with some environmental factors too. We are waiting for word on my husband's promotion and it is wigging us out for sure. I'll give it a few more days and see how I feel after the announcement.

-V
  • lyonlottie
    Options
    I am an ex insomniac and unfortunately have found this a side effect of fasting. However I have only just started the 5:2 diet and so have only done 4 fasts so far, I'm willing to give it a few more fasts and hope it will settle down. My last fast I saved all my calories for the evening and that seemed to help.
    Good luck with your sleep!
  • LaChicaKmart
    Options
    I have heard that saving your carbs for your evening meal helps you sleep. I hope your insomnia settles down and you can get back to normal again soon.