EM2WL with Hashimotos/Hypothyroid

Options
x4mygirlsx
x4mygirlsx Posts: 129 Member
Anybody?

I have hashimotos and was eating at a 500cal average daily deficit and losing on average 1lb a week since september (my mfp profilie is set to maintain and my fitbit calculates my activity so remaining calories shows my deficit.....confuses most people. they all think im undereating as they all assume I have a built in deficit.......ugh!!!!! )

I recently changed my deficit to 250cals so I will lose half a lb a week instead as im 10lb from goal.

Just looking for like minded people. Undereaters stress me out lol!!!

Replies

• x4mygirlsx
    x4mygirlsx Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    anyone? xx
  • getyourbeans
    getyourbeans Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've just been diagnosed with Hashimotos - two days ago, actually. Bit sad to hear that my body is attacking my thyroid, but I'm almost relieved to find out there's a reason why I've been feeling so crappy. I'm not sure how it affects weight loss on EM2WL. I have been at about a 15% cut for the last few months and have basically maintained my weight (losing and regaining the same kilo over and over). I'm hoping that once the medication kicks in the weight loss happens. In the past, I have only ever really lost weight eating between 1000-1200 calories. I'm wondering now whether I've had a thyroid problem for a long time. If I have, really frustrated that I didn't get it checked out sooner!

Doesn't really answer your question but just letting you know I'm in a similar starting position.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    As a stress your body is dealing with, along with other stresses, it does mean diet deficit needs to compensate to not be so stressful.

Great call on changing your weight loss goal to accommodate.

Just keep an eye on the loss amount.
    If eating enough protein and doing enough strength training to maintain muscle mass, then any loss should only be fat hopefully.

So if it stops matching the deficit or goal amount, that either means you are getting sloppy on logging foods, or metabolism is slowing down.
    Either from illness, or stress is too much and body is adapting.
    Don't want either of course.
  • taniak3
    taniak3 Posts: 14
    Options
    I have Hashimoto Thyroiditis, as well. I am just starting EM2WL. So, it will be interesting to see how it goes. I started my week out set to the pre-set amount that MFP gave me and then cam across EM2WL and decided that it sounded more realistic for daily living. Anyway, I would like to see how others do that have Hashimoto's.
  • Rai007
    Rai007 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    all hypothyroid people should post there progress here about EM2WL. any experienced people. pls come up.:happy: