Still loving my flex? Or using it as a crutch?

Options
Livingdeadnurse
Livingdeadnurse Posts: 140 Member
Okay so I love my flex. However....I have noticed that sometimes if I hit my 10,000 steps I don't do any extra exercise. Apparently working as an ER nurse there are nights I walk like crazy putting plenty of steps and calories on my account. Problem is I am not doing my cardio workouts like I did. Anyone else falling for this?

Replies

• PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    What I did to offset that is bump up my weekly goal. My daily goal is still 10K steps but I aim to hit 85K steps over the course of the week, so that encourages me to keep going on those days when I hit my 10K early.
  • kdf606
    kdf606 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Yes. I have been so focused on my steps that i've totally fallen off doing any other kinds of exercise... I hit my 10k most of the time, but I know i need to do more than just get steps... i have to remind myself that its ok to miss my steps if i'm doing something else to take the place of it...
  • Livingdeadnurse
    Livingdeadnurse Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I agree. Trying not to always focus on my steps. Because alot of my circuit training doesn't really affect my steps. Even though I am burning calories.
  • histomom
    histomom Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I add my excerise if I go to the gym. This will help my "very active" minutes. I add the excerise to MFP. I find this helps. As you know sometimes the very active minutes can be hard to come by in a regular day. I have noticed if for some reason I am not going to hit my goal with the steps(which does not happen very often) I will go for a walk just to make the goal. It is making move more that is for sure.