Pre Op Sleever :)

Options
HI Everyone,

I am currently in my pre op 6 month supervised diet in preparation for the VSG. I am working with Dr. Schram through Spectrum Health's weight loss group. I have 2 more weigh in's before they submit to insurance. I have Priority Health and hopefully I get approved. I don't want to have gone through all of this just to be denied. I have been trying hard to stick to the diet plan they have me on and I have gained 3 pounds! I'm hoping for a loss this time. I'm doing very low carb, high protein and sticking to 1200 calories. I finally started working out again this month. I have been doing 30 min on my elliptical and brisk walks for about 30 min. My body just is holding on to this weight, it's frustrating to say the least. Anyway, I was happy to find people in my area that have gone through or are going through the same things. :)

~Megan

Replies

• pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Welcome Megan! I had my sleeve 2 years ago, still have about 75 pounds to get to my "ideal" weight. It's a process, but well worth it. Good luck with getting approval. That's also a process! :smile:
  • digitaljdr
    digitaljdr Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

I'm coming up on my sleeve 2 year in September. Are you drinking enough fluids? It has been warm here the last couple of weeks. Try subbing out a meal with a protein shake.

I'm currently riding the 260~ plateau for the last of weeks so I feel your pain in getting frustrated.

Here's to hoping you get approved.
  • megmariew1
    Options
    Thanks guys :) My scale started moving this week. Yay :) I'm pretty sure I wasn't drinking enough water and I did start trying protein shakes.
  • mnojo
    Options
    I just finished my 6 months "delay" for insurance purposes. My surgery is scheduled for Oct 16 at NOCH with Dr. Foote. Wednesday I will be meeting with the different experts and getting my food. It' gonna be tough but I am determined to succeed and keep it off this time.
  • pawoodhull
    Options
    I just finished my 6 months "delay" for insurance purposes. My surgery is scheduled for Oct 16 at NOCH with Dr. Foote. Wednesday I will be meeting with the different experts and getting my food. It' gonna be tough but I am determined to succeed and keep it off this time.

Welcome mnojo! Congrats on your upcoming surgery. Feel free to send a friend request if you want! This is agreat place to get the support you need. Lots of us sleevers on here! I really had my doubts about being able to do this, the preop diet scared me most, but it wasn't near as tough as I thought it would be. I'm 2 years out now and I won't say it's been easy, but this journey is still the best thing I've ever done for myself and still something I can continue to do for the rest of my left. :happy:
  • mnojo
    mnojo Posts: 6
    Options
    Had ny surgery on Wed and returned home Fri. We have a barrier across the stirs so the dogs cannot jump and climb all over me.
    It's hard to remember small sips! So there have a been a couple little spasms.
  • pawoodhull
    Options
    Had ny surgery on Wed and returned home Fri. We have a barrier across the stirs so the dogs cannot jump and climb all over me.
    It's hard to remember small sips! So there have a been a couple little spasms.

Glad to hear things went well. Yes, small sips and lots of them. And walk a lot. I see your posts about the weight already coming off and your walking, so it looks like you are doing well and following doctor's orders. Looks like you are off to a great start!!