need advice

Options
alabelle1
alabelle1 Posts: 31 Member
Hi Peeps
I am in need of some advice. I am doing my best to eat primal, and i workout 5-6 days a week. M-W-F i do a bootcamp class which is cardio in the sense your heart-rate is up and strength by doing 12-14 stations. Mon we do arms, Wed we do legs and Fri is chest. Its a great burn and i am getting stronger gradually. BUT i am at a loss what to do Tues and Thurs? I want to make the most of my workouts and as bad as i want the scale to budge i need my body to lean out. I am muscular naturally so i want to be strong but not be bulky and i def have overlaying fat that needs to go away.
ANY advise would be awesome, I want to eat right and workout right so I see awesome results like a lot of you have! thanks!!:happy:

Replies

• ShannonKirton
    ShannonKirton Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Are you at a gym where you can do any other classes like pilates or yoga? They are great muscle toning classes which can help to burn calories and use up some fat even though you don't feel like you're doing a great amount.

Spin classes are also great cardio. You could also take a nice long walk once a week and throw in a few sprints here and there to mix it up. If you're only doing boot class, ask the instructor to possibly throw in another "circuit" day and do that twice a week. Best of luck :)
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    I know I'm going to catch crap for this, but I'd consider just a brisk paced walk. I've been doing brisk walks (early morning fasted state) and it is helping to lean me out.

And I like the yoga suggestion.
  • alabelle1
    Options
    I have Pilates DVD and I was considering doing that, and then maybe a swim? I want to keep burning cals and i know that wont be nearly as much as the boot camp but if you guys think it will work in line with the rest of my program i will do that..? Thanks!!
  • muayqis
    muayqis Posts: 72
    Options
    personally i'd try and tack in some 'skill' based exercise. when you're working the skills you're still working out, but it's not ll about 'the burn' or 'the pump'. It's also fun.
    things like martial arts/ climbing/ any 'sport' really
    alternative would be yoga/pilates to round out your flexibility(i need to do this!)
  • alabelle1
    Options
    personally i'd try and tack in some 'skill' based exercise. when you're working the skills you're still working out, but it's not ll about 'the burn' or 'the pump'. It's also fun.
    things like martial arts/ climbing/ any 'sport' really
    alternative would be yoga/pilates to round out your flexibility(i need to do this!)
  • alabelle1
    Options
    thanks!