Atkins & MFP

Options
KurvyKitty
KurvyKitty Posts: 11 Member
Lately I have noticed a major stall in my weight loss with Atkins. It was really depressing me and honestly I thought about giving up. I was mulling over it last night while tossing and turning and something occurred to me. Somehow along the way, shortly after joining and religiously using MFP, I started focusing more on calories then I have focused on carb. My diet has still been low carb focused because I wont buy anything in the grocery store that is not Atkins friendly. I still check for the net carbs over the total carb intake (wish MFP would add a net carb focus) but its like i get this mad desire to get that little kudos on my wall that i completed my diary and was below my calorie goal.

Has anyone else had any trouble with this? I want to keep using MFP but not if it is hindering my progress. I could also be grasping at straws and maybe I'm just done losing weight for a while. But I still have another 80 lbs to get to a healthy weight so I cant give up.

Ideas? Thoughts? Suggestions?

Replies

• bigred01
    bigred01 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    how many calories have you been doing and how many net carbs? how long has it been since you have lost weight?
  • stephroberts17
    Options
    atkins is not focused on the calories really but more on the carbs.....you want 70% fat 15 % protein 10%carbs i think that right but you lose weight by eating fat

FAT+FAT= FATLOSS cuz you ina state of ketosis
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    bigred01 is absolutely a known expert on Atkins. If she makes a suggestion, you can take it to the bank.

stephroberts1's post is spot-on as well. The focus must be on carbs, after a couple weeks the calories will take care of themselves.

As for me, I've stalled twice. Both times were frustrating, and I just made sure that I stuck with the Atkins program, and within a week I was back to losing pounds.

Keep the faith, be well, eat your veggies and drink the required water. You can do this, you will get through this, and you will triumph!