Repeating W4

Options
samonmission
samonmission Posts: 62 Member
Hi All,

I just finished W4D3... Although I did much better than W4 D1 & D2, I think there is still need for consistent improvement. That is I had to take a 30-45 sec. walk between the 5min runs.
Do you think I should repeat W4 before going to W5 or will I be able to do W5 D1 ?

~ Sam

Replies

• PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    What's your speed? Is it easier to complete the days when you slow your pace?
    If you made it through W4, even with difficulty, I suggest moving to Week 5 and slowing your pace down a lot. Take it slow and comfortable and you'll make it through. The speed will come over time all by itself.

You're doing great.
  • samonmission
    Options
    Well , I am not fast ... My pace is about 13:30 to 14 min per mile.

If I go to week 5, running 8 min straight is what I feel most difficult part. I feel its not right if I don't do it all running when its expected.
  • chantels1
    chantels1 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    If you really feel you need another day, then repeat a day or two then move on. No big deal. I was worried about startingvweek 4 today, but I jogged it about as slow ad I could and I made it through. I will have the anxiety about week 5 too. Sometimes we surprise ourselves! My mind and my body kept telling me I couldn't do it. I was tired. I was weak... But I tried and I paced myself and I did it!!!

Whatever you decide, good luck and have fun!
  • yamsteroo
    yamsteroo Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    If it was an epic fail I'd say repeat it but it sounds like by the time you did the third day it was improving which is how it should be.

Slow it down a bit and move on, you'll surprise yourself - I know I do everytime I put my runners on these days lol
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    If it was an epic fail I'd say repeat it but it sounds like by the time you did the third day it was improving which is how it should be.

Slow it down a bit and move on, you'll surprise yourself - I know I do everytime I put my runners on these days lol

^^This
  • jmm083
    jmm083 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I started week 4 slow......really slow. So slow that I know my brisk walk may be just as fast as my running for week 4. When you think you have a nice pice going, slow down even more. Going into last night (the first day of W4D1) I thought there was no possible way I could run five minutes completely....twice. You will be surprised at how it feels. I did week 2 twice and I wish now that I had just tried week 3 before writing it off as "impossible right now." Try week 4 at a super slow pace and if you can't do it, THEN go back to week 3. You won't know until you try. You can do it!!!
  • samonmission
    Options
    What's your speed? Is it easier to complete the days when you slow your pace?
    If you made it through W4, even with difficulty, I suggest moving to Week 5 and slowing your pace down a lot. Take it slow and comfortable and you'll make it through. The speed will come over time all by itself.

You're doing great.

Thank you for motivating ... I did W5D1 this morning and very glad that I did it very well ! I did 2.2 miles in 31min with may be 2 breaks of 30 sec in between running ..Feeling very happy ...
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    :) I'm not sure that I was up to 2 miles by that point in the program.