The Tishre Fitness Challenge!

Options
MostlyWater
MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
My trainer is starting a 60 day Fitness Challenge next week - it's not just about losing weight, it's about having more stamina and bulding more muscle, etc.

The dates run smack into the month of the biggest eating all year. I figure that if I join, it will help me not go hog-wild with the calories. What do you all think?

I won't win but I will have a good time trying!!!

Replies

• babbs770
    babbs770 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a great idea! I have found that when I don't eat out for the holidays, it is easier to control my weight. Eating out does me in... I have been taking advantage of the summer to exercise, so I'm in!
  • Rena42
    Rena42 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Great idea. What's the challenge?
  • MostlyWater
    Options
    He was very clear that it's not a weight loss competition. He doesn't see any point to starving ourselves.

He is going to measure stuff like how many situp and pushups we can do in a minute, and our body fat (he says he has the machine) and then at the end of 60 days, we do everything again and he compares.

Of course he isn't doing this for nothing - to join the competition, we have to renew our membership or sign up for extras like personal training, bootcamp or step. (I chose step.)

Then we have a party and get prizes!!!
  • The_Enchantress
    The_Enchantress Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    That sounds really cool! It's definitely a challenge! Especially with all that honey coming up! Although honey has tons of health benefits as well! Good luck!
  • MostlyWater
    Options
    We weighed in today and did some of the measurements. My body fat is high. :(