Results of My Whole30

Options
TriLifter
TriLifter Posts: 1,283 Member
I did a Whole30 (31) for the month of July and wanted to share my results with the group.

I'm 5'6" and started on July 1 at 125.8 lbs, 20.5% body fat, and 36.1% muscle mass.

Here are my current stats:

Weight: 119.2 lbs (-6.6 lbs)
Body Fat: 18.6% (-1.9%)
Muscle Mass: 36.8% (+.7%)

Chest: 32.5" (-0)
Waist: 25.75" (-1)
Hips: 34.75" (-1.25)
Thighs: 20.25" (-.75)

I ate +/- 2300 calories per day and ran, lifted, boxed, and played softball. I even had complete rest days for the first time in two years. Going to increase my calories a bit as I continue to train for my marathon, but come November I'm going to attempt a bulk. Just thought I'd share my results. Bring on the wine, dark chocolate, paleo goodies, and the occassional chunk of raw milk cheese! :drinker:

Replies

• KarenisPaleo
    KarenisPaleo Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Amazing work and beautiful results! Good for you. I bet you feel wonderful!
  • whatjesseats
    whatjesseats Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    That's excellent! Did you stick to a certain macro ratio or just focus on eating Whole30-compliant foods?
  • TriLifter
    Options
    That's excellent! Did you stick to a certain macro ratio or just focus on eating Whole30-compliant foods?

2300 cals/day 15% carbs, 65% fat, and 20% protein.
  • justaspoonfulofsugar
    justaspoonfulofsugar Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    looks like you totally rocked it !hope you are feeling all the goodness of the whole 30 and enjoy your red wine and dark chocolate,you deserve it!
  • Mrs_Duh
    Mrs_Duh Posts: 263
    Options
    That's awesome! what great results!
  • sovannac
    sovannac Posts: 445 Member
    Options

2300 cals/day 15% carbs, 65% fat, and 20% protein.

That's great! See your macros makes me feel so much better. I checked my macros yesterday and was very discouraged by the fat percentage. So I'm assuming it's normal to have a high fat percentage?
  • momof2osaurus
    momof2osaurus Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!! Great job!

And yes, most paleo people have a high fat percentage! It's our major fuel source. :)
  • sovannac
    sovannac Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!! Great job!

And yes, most paleo people have a high fat percentage! It's our major fuel source. :)

Thanks! I wasn't aware of this, good to know!
  • kts1988
    kts1988 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    your results are amazing! congrats on finishing - you should be very proud of yourself for sticking with it :)
  • TriLifter
    Options
    Thanks guys! It was tough, I'm not going to lie. Not because I craved foods that weren't compliant, but because I needed to make sure I was getting enough calories to support my workouts!