AUGUST...

Options
SandiW02
SandiW02 Posts: 223 Member
Wow - can you believe it? Now I still want you to set your August goal. Did anyone try something different for weight loss?

I would like you to think about doing the following: setting up a visit for a physical, talk to a nutritionist, or something like this.

Why? Well because I wonder how many of us jump on MFP and begin loosing weight without even seeking 'professional' advise. Now do not get me wrong, I still love the fact we share what our own personal professionals say but sometimes the information may not be geared toward us.

For example - are you set at the right activity level, should you or should you not eat your calories back, are you eating too little calories for your body to function, etc. We can all give advise and statements about what we have read or heard but I think getting your own personal advice from a doctor is a way to go....you are probably wondering why I am saying this, well honestly because I CARE!!

So what have you?

Replies

• Wildflowerangel
    Wildflowerangel Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    "We can all give advise and statements about what we have read or heard but I think getting your own personal advice from a doctor is a way to go....you are probably wondering why I am saying this, well honestly because I CARE!!"

Your last post is very thoughtful. I think a lot of us don't consult with a doctor or nutritionist first prior to losing weight. What's worse is sometimes, people will consult with a doctor, and the doctor will simply say, "You need to lose some weight." That's happened to one of my family members, and I've heard other people talking about that. I find it irritating when a doctor says that you need to lose weight, but doesn't give you an idea on how much or how you should go about it.

Now, some doctors are very thorough. My dad's doctor told him he needed to lose weight and around how much to start seeing the benefits to his health. Knowing my dad's health issues, the doctor told him what foods would be good and what foods he really needs to stay away from to prevent some of the pain associated with one of his health issues. Knowing my dad's age and heart health, the doctor recommended certain exercises to start off with. If people on the forum have a good doctor to go to, they really should get some advice tailored to them!! :)
  • needlessofme12
    Options
    i am making a strong effort to lose half my wieght i hope this group will help:smile:
  • SandiW02
    Options
    i am making a strong effort to lose half my wieght i hope this group will help:smile:

welcome - :)

You can do whatever you put your mind to!
  • teamjojo1971
    teamjojo1971 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Just started this group. I did this site a few years ago but did not go through the site and learn things that would help. I am back at it, and this time I am actually checking the site out and learning the things that it can do for me. I do not know what the August challenge was but I am pretty sure I am a bit late to start it. I would love to get any motivation through this process. I am up for any challenges that keep me moving.:smile:
  • SandiW02
    Options
    Just started this group. I did this site a few years ago but did not go through the site and learn things that would help. I am back at it, and this time I am actually checking the site out and learning the things that it can do for me. I do not know what the August challenge was but I am pretty sure I am a bit late to start it. I would love to get any motivation through this process. I am up for any challenges that keep me moving.:smile:

Never too late to start = ) basically all you have to do is post your beginning weight and weigh in weekly. Set your own monthly goal and we just encourage one another from there. Looking forward in helping you meet your goal!

Sandi