August Goals

Options

Replies

• Emar11
    Emar11 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    So the obstacle I have right now is that I don't have a working scale. And I also was in a friends' wedding this past weekend and that was terrible for my tracking. Since Its still July I'm not too worried about it affecting my August goals. Lets hope not anyway.
  • tiffanypmiller
    tiffanypmiller Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    CW 144
    GW 140

Goal to work on not eating so much sugar and sodium, limit fast food and workout more consistently. Im in the military and have PT test that I need to pass. Took one this weekend and did good on my push-ups and run (18:17- 2mile!) but failed sit-ups. I have to be able to do 45 in 2 mins. I had a baby 9 months ago and have a 3 year old, my stomach muscles aren't what they used to be
  • kgerm317
    kgerm317 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    CW 144
    GW 140

Goal to work on not eating so much sugar and sodium, limit fast food and workout more consistently. Im in the military and have PT test that I need to pass. Took one this weekend and did good on my push-ups and run (18:17- 2mile!) but failed sit-ups. I have to be able to do 45 in 2 mins. I had a baby 9 months ago and have a 3 year old, my stomach muscles aren't what they used to be

FABULOUS running time!!! Maybe you can do one of those 30 day ab challenges to try and get yur tummy muscles back... I'm thinking maybe I'll try it, too! I just googled it and found this one. Want to make it an August goal with me?
    http://30dayfitnesschallenges.com/classes/30-day-abs-challenge/
  • tiffanypmiller
    tiffanypmiller Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    kgerm317- Sure, Why not? its worth a try
  • themisfitmom
    themisfitmom Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    AUGUST SW (7/30): 210.8
    AUGUST GW (8/31): 199
    I have been losing about 5 lbs per week lately so I was tempted to put my GW at 195 or 190 but I don't think it can last forever! 3 Weeks in 5 lbs lost each week so far!
  • lmasasa
    lmasasa Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I would like to lose 5lbs in August. Will give it a shot !
    Am eating 1200 calories per day (as instructed by dietitian) and attempting to work out 3 times a week.
    Work in an office and mommy to two little boys (4 and 9) who just want me home in the evening and not at the gym !

Good luck to all
  • suzumichan1
    suzumichan1 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    August Sw (8/1):253.6 (I knew all the cake Ive had the past couple of day would catch up)
    August GW (8/21): 245

I'm going to try to cut back on the sodium. And try leaving soda alone this whole month. Maybe even cut out Milo Sweet Tea (No Cal). And walk more around the park.
  • cristinajones
    cristinajones Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Great idea, I was just going to add my Aug goals today. :)

Aug SW: 155.6
    Aug GW: 151.8 that will put me at losing 10% since I started in May
    I weigh in Saturday mornings

Fitness goals: Walk/jog/run 95 miles this month, finish 30 day squat challenge currently on day 14 and start 30 Arm challenge today.
  • kgerm317
    Options
    AUGUST SW (7/26): 184.6
    AUGUST GW (8/30): 179
    I weigh-in every Friday..
    8/2: 187.2
    8/9:
    8/16:
    8/23:
    8/30:

8/2: Not upset with this weigh-in. This has been a consistent number for me since May 30th. Considering my week so far, I'm glad I wasn't higher. I've eaten more sodium and more starchy carbs this week than normal and I've drank a lot more alcohol than I usually do. I will be back down for next week's weigh-in.

MY PLAN FOR NEXT WEEK:
    8/3: Brisk 30 minute walk, stay under on calories
    8/4: Very busy day. Will be running around all day. Stay under on calories.
    8/5: L1D1 of 30 Day Shred, 20 minute walk at lunch. Stay under on calories.
    8/6: L1D2 of 30 Day Shred. Stay under on calories.
    8/7: A.M. yoga, 20 minute walk at lunch. Stay under on calories.
    8/8: L1D3 of 30 Day Shred, 20 minute walk at lunch. Stay under on calories.
    8/9: L1D4 of 30 Day Shred. Stay under on calories.
  • chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Aug 3 I am doing a 5k, I want to be under 40 minutes.

SW 7/26 is 170. Goal August weight is 165. Weigh in on Fridays. I look forward to it :)
    8/2: 167.6
    While I am happy to have lost that 2.4, I am a little concerned that my calorie goal is low. I felt tired this week and had a difficult time motivating myself to exercise. I do eat bavk exercise calories, but I don't think it was enough. I upped my calorie goal a bit, and plan to go over goal a bit today since I run a 5k tomorrow.
  • ks4e
    ks4e Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Aug 3 I am doing a 5k, I want to be under 40 minutes.

SW 7/26 is 170. Goal August weight is 165. Weigh in on Fridays. I look forward to it :)
    8/2: 167.6
    While I am happy to have lost that 2.4, I am a little concerned that my calorie goal is low. I felt tired this week and had a difficult time motivating myself to exercise. I do eat bavk exercise calories, but I don't think it was enough. I upped my calorie goal a bit, and plan to go over goal a bit today since I run a 5k tomorrow.

I had an issue with energy this week as well. I had to really force myself to exercise. I am upping my iron (I didn't have lots of red meat lately) so I hope that helps.

Good luck on your race tomorrow!
  • hawaiibetty
    hawaiibetty Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My numero uno goal this month:
    NO WINE.

im telling everyone and anyone. that way, I wont let myself slip.
    no wine
    no wine.
    i shall not have wine.
    i will not whine about wine
    no wine
    no whine.

:)
  • chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I set my goal too low. Based on the fact I am comfortable with a 12 minute pace. Today I did my 5k in....

....31:44

Yippee!
  • Hollywoodm55
    Hollywoodm55 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Great idea!

SW-131
    GW-126

My goal is to drop 5 lbs, but it would be great to even lose a couple wihtin this time frame. I also want to improve on my lifts I started this month.

8/2 weighed in at 130.
    I was very happy with this but after overeating a bit this weekend and overindulging I think it may be up a liitle. So back to it today!
  • Hollywoodm55
    Hollywoodm55 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I set my goal too low. Based on the fact I am comfortable with a 12 minute pace. Today I did my 5k in....

Yippee!

Congrats!
  • kgerm317
    Options

Yippee!

GREAT JOB! :flowerforyou:
  • lmasasa
    lmasasa Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Weigh in on friday was 135 which I was totally shocked. Weekend activity has put me back up at 136.4 this morning but I am not disheartened by it. Will continue to strive towards goal of 5lbs loss by end of august.
    Aiming to work out minimum 3 times this week - including 2 kickboxing classes.
    Good luck everyone.
  • heathernicholeclark
    Options
    Starting weight 8/1/11 - 211
    Goal for 8/31/11 - 199 lbs
    I want to be in onederland this month.
    I want to work out 5 days a week for at least 1 hour
    I want to log everyday from 8/4 on
    I want to be able to run at 5mph for 10 min by the end of the month!
  • Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Cheeky_and_Geeky Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    AUGUST SW: 160lbs
    AUGUST GW: 155lbs

8/4: 159lbs
    8/7: 159lbs
    8/16:
    8/23:
    8/30:

I started MFP last month & lost 8lbs. I expect to lose 5lbs this month. I'm a SAHM but I start working next week! So I'm worried about being able to exercise & eating healthy but I'll be on my feet all day so hopefully that helps. I hope we all meet our goal weight & anymore who is active on MFP & motivated, feel free to add me!
  • Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Cheeky_and_Geeky Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    No wine for me either! ;)