Introduce yourself

Options
Basically this topic has the same purpose as the one on the main boards, but with the difference that this is less gay. Well in a certain way as /fit/ still is a bunch of *kitten* ;)

If you joined this group and want people to add you for support or to discuss you diet, post here and people will add you.

PLEASE MAKE YOUR DIARY PUBLIC OR VISIBLE FOR FRIENDS, WE CAN ALL LEARN A LOT FROM READING THROUGH OTHER PEOPLE'S LOGS.

Replies

• stoyanov
    stoyanov Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    25 yo, web dev

currently cutting, down to 74kg from 85kg. Just a few more weeks, I hope, and I'll start bulking again. Lifting 3 times a weeks and lately running 6 times a week.

don't know what else I am supposed to say in the introduction
  • Carrionlust
    Options
    Sup, GG1 here
    Just a tripfag lookin' to slowly cut to 205, as I'm trying to maintain all of my strength. I was 245 at the beginning of the year (****ing lol) and I'm currently 218, give or take. Changed my goal from 215 to 205, so hopefully I'll make it in time by October.

I often make videos of myself working out, so drop by my youtube if you're into that sort of thing
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Carrionlust

log your meals and get those gains. We're all gonna make it
  • fitizengainz
    fitizengainz Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey gais

was always skinny during my childhood and highschool years
    finally decided to start bulking up while trying to keep the lean gains going

started at about 136lbs around april and now at a steady 144lbs. Hoping to get some progress pics for you guys for my six month anniversary.

about 6"2-6"3 and 20 yo
  • Flat4subie
    Flat4subie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, been lurking on /fit/ for quite a while and decided to stop killing myself with food and get off my *kitten* and do something about it. I was 378 lbs at the end of January when I started turning my life around. I am now 34 and was diagnosed with MS June 2011, I weighed roughly 330 then. Felt hopeless and sorry for myself, the usual **** people do and I took comfort in stuffing my face, at the time...

I have since stopped eating fast food, fried foods basically anything processed and not whole or natural. I drink only water, occasionally coffee or green tea and a little unsweetened almond milk with my oats. I have embraced this new way of living, I can not stand to sit around the house and will not eat the stuff that most folks consider to be food.

Working my way towards 220 and will see how my MS is treating my body, if everything is decent I am going to start lifting more since what little lifting I have been doing has seemed to help with the fatigue I get.
  • CipherZero
    CipherZero Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Namefag as I Iz A Fatass on /fit/.
    The short story goes like this:

I got an epiphany that I was a fatass. The elevator was out at work and I was breathing like a beached pilot whale from climbing three flights of stairs. I remember thinking, "Is THIS what you've become? Is THIS the best you can be?"

I took a long hard, and truthful look at myself. At the advanced age of forty five I'd ballooned up from my physical work weight of one hundred fifty-five pounds to two hundred thirty pounds. My BMI was 34.5, and I was a mere fifteen pounds from being classified as 'morbidly obese'. I was tired all of the time. I didn't really do anything that involved being physical. I'd stopped working in the wood shop I have. Yard work requiring more than me pushing a self-propelled mower didn't get done.

It's a year later of walking, then filling a pack and walking faster, and finally adding lifting weights a few months ago.

As of Sunday, a little over year's work looks like this:

Weight: down from 230 lbs to 176
    BMI: down from 35.4 to 27.6
    Body fat (guess from pictures): 40%+ to 28%
    Waist: down from 40 to 33
    Endurance: up from "Couldn't get up three flights of stairs" to "hiking six to seven miles a day in under ninety minutes."

Today I walked - with the pack - five and a half miles in 79 minutes flat through the city.

Just wait until next year.
  • SmokeAndFire
    Options
    Hello all.

So I was looking through old photos and was just generally unhappy with the direction that my body was going. They opened a gym within a 2 minute walk from my office, so I've become quite addicted.

I'm about 6'3"/6'4" depending on which ruler you trust. I'm 215 at the moment, not sure of bodyfat, will measure this evening. I think my height it really why I want to lift. I have so many shorter friends that say that I am wasting a good frame. They are big, but want to be taller -- well they can't get taller but I can get bigger, so they say I'm wasting what was given to me.

I think I'm progressing nicely, and am generally a more happy person now that I have a goal to improve myself.
  • holidayhawk
    Options
    23, working on a couple degrees in Biomedical Engineering. Used to be a chubster, not a planet by any means. Been working out for a couple years now, got serious this May. Currently bulking after a 2-3 month cut. I have a pretty good biological background, so if you have any questions about stuff not about specific exercises I can try to answer them for you, I can also get by most paywalls for scientific studies.

Right now doing an AB slip ABxxABx

A

Arms Pulling - Pullups-> Low Rows -> Curls
    Arms Pushing - Dumbbell presses -> tricep extentions -> bench press cool down -> stability pushups -> raised pushups

B:

legs - Squats -> Leg press -> Split squats
    Core - Cable crunches -> woodchoppers
    Shoulders - Rotator cuffs -> Shoulder flys

Probably will start deadlifts this fall when I can hire a uni PT on the cheap.
  • garfeel
    garfeel Posts: 1
    Options
    Howdy! I guess where it all started for me was in highschool. I was quite cynical towards weightlifting/working out and people in general. I thought to myself, "What's the point of getting muscle? it's all going to go away anyway.". Then one day someone came along that i could really look up to, that i could aspire to be. I guess my admiration of him, my newly found love for Tennis, and looking back at old homecoming pictures is what kicked me out of that dark mindset. after all my years of soccer i never lost much, if any, weight, but after playing tennis for one season, i lost ~30lbs and people and myself began to see me in a whole new light. i didn't want to stop. So, while i was at a friends house, i usually got bored and used the home-gym his father had in the meantime. Began going to the gym and here i am. i think i'm around 5'10.5". I'd say like 10-13% body fat. Gotta admit i'm not too punctual about counting calories, but here i am hoping that a sense of community in calorie counting will motivate me to put a little more effort into not just calorie counting, but with most things in life.
  • juskarath
    Options
    Previously I had been working out sparsely throughout high-school (I recall being 68kg in year 12), but last year something clicked and I started really getting into fitness & health information and working out, I've been lifting 6 days a week for the past 13 or 14 months and have put on ~20kg. I have been counting calories for the same amount of time. Currently sitting at 15% bf and 89-90kg at 5'10". Also from Australia and the gym culture is pretty strong here, but that crowd and the people it breeds are largely superficial. I'm much more in love with the personal progression, strength of discipline & will power. Currently 20 y/o uni student trying to get my previously NEET life up to a normal standard.
    I feel like /fit/ breeds a little too much negativity sometimes, and that lot of them don't even lift.
    I love discussing fitness related minutia and sharing ideas, I recommend you all google "/fit/ information repository" best source of info there is.

My routine for the past year or so has been ABCDxABCDx with A: Legs, B: Chest and Tris, C: Shoulders, D: Back and Biceps

I'll work on getting some pics soon
  • KloLuk
    KloLuk Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, I'm Luke. OP of the thread on /fit/. I am a 6'3" tall, 19 years old, and currently in college.

In my freshman year of high school (2008), after football season was over, I was diagnosed with a herniated disc. (L4-L5, look at my pictures for an X-ray) Because of my back, the doctor said no sports for the rest of my high school career. Sports were pretty much my only source of activity, so consequently I became a lot more sedentary. I gained a lot of weight and by the end of 2010 I was around 225-235.
    But in January of 2011 I found MyFitnessPal and my family and I decided, that as a New Years resolution that, we were all going to use MyFitnessPal religiously and lose weight. I was actually really successful, and ended that year at the weight of 180 (height 6'2.5"), and got compliments from everybody on how skinny I was (I didn't feel skinny). But, I never got into lifting, because I was concerned about injuring my back. So now its mid-2013, and while I had kept the weight off until recently, starting college and working a job has put me in the position where I am eating stuff like McDonald's and other fast food a lot more than I'd like, simply due to the convenience of fast food and my lack of time. Right now I'm back up to 195 (but I did gain a little height, I am 6'3" tall). I realized this recently, and the other day I finally gave myself an ultimatum: I need to get back on track diet-wise to stop the slow slide back into obesity.

Now on the topic of body-image and such. I've never had a "nice" body per-sea. I've always had what I believe to be above average size thighs, and a strange pear-shaped body (like a woman). My goal is to fix that, and gain a nice body that I won't be ashamed to show off at the beach, and that will have all the qt3.14s 'mirin. Also I want to gain some self-esteem and confidence.

Right now I am cutting. Trying to get down to anywhere from 150-170, and get rid of the fat on my thighs, sides, and buttocks (yes I know about spot reduction). Also at the same time I am trying to work on my core, so I don't have to worry about re-injuring my back. This is still a concern of mine, and I will probably be removing certain lifts from my future bulkin' routine, the most major one being Squats (doctor specifically warned me about that one). I haven't had pain in my back for a while now, but the injury is still there. My worst fear is aggravating or re-injuring it.

So that's it guys, nice to meet everyone, and I'm glad my thread was such a success. I've been lurking on /b/ for years now, but I'm new to /fit/ and I already really like it! You guys are awesome, and I've already been learning a lot.

- Luke
  • Glamaz0n
    Glamaz0n Posts: 18
    Options
    I've always been a "thicker milkshake" but the past 4 years it had gotten ridiculous. I just woke up tired of it and committed to not being 27 (I'm 24 now) looking like I'm wasting my potential. I also just want to be in excellent shape.
  • r3ndz
    r3ndz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    18,187.5 cm,90kg
    Today i started my second cut (first from ~100kg to 90kg), not lifting currently (waiting to get drivers license in end october if all goes wel), started running today-c25k and i felt amazin :) Eventhough i got up early, the run and shower after worked magicly :D
    I need to get back to fixing my posture again though (computer guy....).
    cya all around
  • im_in_miami_biatch
    Options
    I have lost about 30 lbs so far and have 20 lbs more to lose. I applaud everyone's hard work and progress, or initiative to get started. Weight loss can be a long journey, and may require you to change your lifestyle. Anyways add me, I have gotten lazy with tracking my calories
  • SparklySnowflake
    Options
    Hey, just set up my profile so it's still mostly garbage.

19 yo college student in germany. About 6'2" 210lbs (not quite sure if 100% accurate, not my unit of measurement).
    Been slacking off on my fitness during the semester, time to get back in shape over the break. Main goal is to reduce bodyfat and maybe gain a bit of muscle along the way (want to finish a cut before starting a bulk, just so I know I can do it).

Hope we can all support each other :)
  • Scoobeus
    Options
    Scoobeus. 24 years old. Lifting since 2010.

Also HNNNNNG are these grills real? pls b from london
  • water_coloured
    water_coloured Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone!

I'm in my second year of college. Fairly new to lifting (started at the beginning of June), but I absolutely love it. My main goal right now is fat loss.
  • Scoobeus
    Options
    Hi! Few things to start off with =] 1. Yes I added you because you're a female lifter, 'tis an awesome thing to see! 2. I'm Brian. 3. Don't be intimidated, but I'm not a stereotypical guy. If anything, I'll be the one in the kitchen =D
  • norulesjustplay
    Options
    Posting this because there were some silly people that replied to a message saying I created this thread instead of posting here:
    add them too!

vDqtMZA.png?1
  • Mcpowerdrill
    Options
    Hullo everybody

Used to be fatter n' hell a few years back (290 lbs) and have been dropping ever since. Now I'm 6'3 240 lbs and I plan on going on a strict cut this month (was down to 210 back in march). I've quit smoking and actually have plans for myself now.

I want to be down to 12% bodyfat by this time next year.
  • dan091396
    Options
    well mines already been posted, but nonetheless, its great to meet all of you